Jamie Sendles-White signs!

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Road2League2 wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 00:10 I read that he left Leyton Orient following some disciplinary issues and an incident with fans. Does anyone know what happened?

https://www.leytonorient.com/news/2017/november/jsw/
He briefly gives his version of what happened In the article below.

https://thesetpieces.com/interviews/its ... he-season/
torregull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by torregull »

brucie wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 18:48 And the bonus is that he has a proper English name - James Sendles-White has a fine ring to it.
He's Northern Irish.
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

Personally I’m all for the recent news and signings we’ve made. Landing GJ was fantastic + I’m impressed with Jake from Bristol. However I am worried we’re getting too excited over JSW. We’re talking about a player here who’s played just 53 games of club football and he’s 24. Also lacks confidence after never taking off after QPR, faced a terrible injury and has little experience since.

Am I being a miserable sod or am I right to be apprehensive? COYY
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Road2League2 wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 09:12 Personally I’m all for the recent news and signings we’ve made. Landing GJ was fantastic + I’m impressed with Jake from Bristol. However I am worried we’re getting too excited over JSW. We’re talking about a player here who’s played just 53 games of club football and he’s 24. Also lacks confidence after never taking off after QPR, faced a terrible injury and has little experience since.

There's definitely a risk with a player like this but if it works out we've got a player who is at least two, if not three or four leagues better than our current level. This is the sort of signing that could help lead us up through the leagues over the coming years...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Road2League2 wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 09:12 Personally I’m all for the recent news and signings we’ve made. Landing GJ was fantastic + I’m impressed with Jake from Bristol. However I am worried we’re getting too excited over JSW. We’re talking about a player here who’s played just 53 games of club football and he’s 24. Also lacks confidence after never taking off after QPR, faced a terrible injury and has little experience since.

Why don't you put your faith in the Manager's judgement?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Miserable Sod! :}

Take note that Stuart Taylor, of Arsenal/Villa/Manchester City reserve keeper fame, has played a grand total of 86 leagues matches in 14 years, and only 10 games since 2009 and none at all since 2015. He has represented England at under-16, under-18, under-20 and under-21 level. He has spent the last two seasons at Southampton without playing a game and was released this summer, age 37.

Did his lack of game time make him a bad goalkeeper?
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

ACW2IOW wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 10:03 Why don't you put your faith in the Manager's judgement?
I have faith in GJ who doesn’t? Just cautious that JSW may not perform/take off like we’re expecting him too.
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

We're strong in the centre of defence, so why not take a chance on someone trying to rebuild his career if it fits the budget. He's had one bad injury rather than recurring issues, so playing regular football could be exactly what he needs at this moment in time. Without the injury it sounds like he would have stayed at Swindon and be in the Football League, so there's potential there for everyone to benefit. We've made a few signings like this in the last few years - not all have worked out, but you live in hope of getting another Jason Fowler. If the worst comes to the worst, Cameron and Niate have started the season excellently, and we also have Essuman and Sokolik (a player in a similar situation career/injury wise). From these five players we should be able to get a good back two/back three/holding midfielder on the pitch every week.

It'll be interesting to see where else GJ looks to bring players in, as you'd think we were comparatively strong at CB (unless we're keeping the back three). We don't have much (any?) competition at full back or on the wings, and have dreamed of a 20 goal a year striker for years now. He kept the same side as Owers for Hungerford, but only took over 2 days before. It'll be interesting to see how he lines us up when he's assessed the squad and put his own stamp on them, given how it was built for the 5-3-2 formation.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Gulliball wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 12:42 We're strong in the centre of defence, so why not take a chance on someone trying to rebuild his career if it fits the budget. He's had one bad injury rather than recurring issues, so playing regular football could be exactly what he needs at this moment in time. Without the injury it sounds like he would have stayed at Swindon and be in the Football League, so there's potential there for everyone to benefit. We've made a few signings like this in the last few years - not all have worked out, but you live in hope of getting another Jason Fowler. If the worst comes to the worst, Cameron and Niate have started the season excellently, and we also have Essuman and Sokolik (a player in a similar situation career/injury wise). From these five players we should be able to get a good back two/back three/holding midfielder on the pitch every week.

It'll be interesting to see where else GJ looks to bring players in, as you'd think we were comparatively strong at CB (unless we're keeping the back three). We don't have much (any?) competition at full back or on the wings, and have dreamed of a 20 goal a year striker for years now. He kept the same side as Owers for Hungerford, but only took over 2 days before. It'll be interesting to see how he lines us up when he's assessed the squad and put his own stamp on them, given how it was built for the 5-3-2 formation.
:goodpost:
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

Road2League2 wrote: 21 Sep 2018, 09:12 Am I being a miserable sod or am I right to be apprehensive? COYY
Little bit of both, IMO!

At our level we're never going to get the finished product. We'll get either older pros on the way down, or younger pros. These younger lads will generally fall into one of 2 categories; trying forge a career, or trying to rebuild one. Sendles-White seems to be latter. He's clearly no mug, having been at (then) Premier League club in his youth days, before dropping down the leagues. Yes, there might be injury issues or disciplinary concerns, but that's always going to be the risk when you're in the basement like we are.

At least if it works out we'll either have a play on our hands, or one that we sell for a bucketload (relatively speaking).
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.