Levi Landricombe

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Also, at age 28 what's to say he wouldn't take a drop in wages for what would probably be his only chance at being a full-time professional footballer...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Rayzie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by Rayzie »

I watched him a few weeks ago at Tiverton when they played Taunton and they lost 3-1. He hardly got a foot in the game although that was a lot to do with Taunton dominating the match. He looks a bit lightweight for a striker/ target man but quite a quick pace on him. I am only giving my opinion on one game which might be unfair on someone who has scored a lot of goals! The Taunton centre forward was a right
handful in both aggression and skill. Don't know his name but if he was really fit would be an asset for any team.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Rayzie wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 11:39 I watched him a few weeks ago at Tiverton when they played Taunton and they lost 3-1. He hardly got a foot in the game although that was a lot to do with Taunton dominating the match. He looks a bit lightweight for a striker/ target man but quite a quick pace on him. I am only giving my opinion on one game which might be unfair on someone who has scored a lot of goals! The Taunton centre forward was a right
handful in both aggression and skill. Don't know his name but if he was really fit would be an asset for any team.
Matt Wright & Andrew Neal are rather prolific in the goals department for Taunton.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

dennisk wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 11:46 Matt Wright & Andrew Neal are rather prolific in the goals department for Taunton.
Is Andrew Neal also known as Rocky Neal? Ex-Truro? Or have I confused that?
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

hector wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 23:08 Is Andrew Neal also known as Rocky Neal? Ex-Truro? Or have I confused that?
Yes he is,very useful little player. Matt Wright is also ex-Truro.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

Thanks - I wonder if they will find there way back to Truro now that their manager has moved in that direction.
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

hector wrote: 20 Sep 2018, 08:05 Thanks - I wonder if they will find there way back to Truro now that their manager has moved in that direction.
Wouldn't be surprised!
Tufc1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Tufc1 »

Wright and Rocky Neal are both on a years contract so won't be moving anywhere unless a fee is paid.
Same with Levi and goodship at Weymouth.
I believe 8 of the Taunton squad are on same contracts.
So no none of these players will be moving to Torquay or Truro.
Duncan
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Nico

Post by Duncan »

No different to Kieffer Moore.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

bagged again!!!! get him a trial
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I can't understand the negativity of some. Maybe he is good enough maybe he isn't. Could we afford him and could he afford to sign as a full time pro? Nothing wrong in taking a look but I would expect Mr Johnson and Owers before him are well aware of the players qualities and suitability.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Why on earth couldn't we afford him? - its laughable to assume that some of these players have brilliant jobs and that's the reason that they don't turn pro.

It was the same with Cody Cooke - we couldn't afford him because he had such a brilliant job, but he soon buggered off to Scotland to pursue his "dream" of being a pro footballer.

Yet he hasn't featured at all and will no doubt soon find his level back at Truro before long. If Cooke can't make it what chance has Landricombe got?

Probably less than zero I'd say.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by hector »

brucie wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 21:31 Why on earth couldn't we afford him? - its laughable to assume that some of these players have brilliant jobs and that's the reason that they don't turn pro.

It was the same with Cody Cooke - we couldn't afford him because he had such a brilliant job, but he soon buggered off to Scotland to pursue his "dream" of being a pro footballer.

Yet he hasn't featured at all and will no doubt soon find his level back at Truro before long. If Cooke can't make it what chance has Landricombe got?

Playing for St Mirren is probably different to playing NLS, so not the same step up for Landricombe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

brucie wrote: 25 Sep 2018, 21:31 Why on earth couldn't we afford him? - its laughable to assume that some of these players have brilliant jobs and that's the reason that they don't turn pro.

Missing the point as usual. I was posing the question. He doesn't need to have a brilliantly paid job to put him out of our reach. For someone with "potential" he isn't going to get anywhere near our top earners but with his job and his football wage he's probably matching what they get.

As for being laughable you really are out of touch with the realities of modern footballers at this level.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Tufc1
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark loram

Post by Tufc1 »

Why can't we afford him???
He is on a contract.
There end of thread now surely.
He is on a professional contract whilst working in a day job.
Would cost us around £3000 a week in wages before transfer fee to buy out contract around £350,000.
Club in 8th tier had 18 year old on contract signed for premier league club under 23 academy cost them 335,000.
So get over signing him or anybody from Taunton.
We can steal Bristol city academy players on the cheap on loan.
They had a deal with Weston super mare, until last season.
Look at Weston now that available to them this season.