Hungerford Town v Torquay United 15/9/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Its football - get over it. All fans barrack opposition players, especially goalkeepers when they make mistakes.

Their keeper needs to deal with it - perhaps he will sharpen up his kicking.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Guildford Gull wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 10:47 After a poor 1st half we played much better after the break and thoroughly deserved the win, albeit against a very limited Hungerford team.

We created very little from open play in the 1st half but were a threat from set pieces and it was no surprise when Reid fired home from close range after a corner. Wynter was the weak link in the back four and Regis was anonymous.

I don't know what GJ said to the players at half time but we played much better in the 2nd half, stretching Hungerford and creating lots of chances. Hall scored with a header, Banton hit the bar with a curling shot from 20 years and Williams had a goal disallowed for offside. Williams and Wright played well when they replaced Reid and Keating. Cameron was outstanding and the best player on the pitch, Andrews ran the midfield in the 2nd half and Regis got into the game, playing further up the pitch and supporting the forwards. Edwards reminds me of Paul Hall, loads of pace but no end product.

Going forward I think we need a target man because our forwards seem to be easily bullied by the big centre backs most teams in this league seem to possess.

The only negative for me was the behaviour of the fans behind the goal towards Hungerford's teenage goalkeeper in the 2nd half. Constantly singing that he was shit and cheering when he kicked the ball out of touch reflected badly on those fans and the club. He made two excellent saves in the 2nd half, which made the comments about his ability sound even more stupid.
ridiculous... if you didn't like the banter then go and stand somewhere else. THE END!
Totnes_Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Totnes_Yellow »

Highlights video...up by today or not until Monday?
Totnes_Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Totnes_Yellow »

edit.posted in error
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Wow what a week especially after last Saturday. Onwards and upwards. Think everyone thought with the change we would get the result. Now have a great feeling that just maybe we are on the up. Getting GJ for this level unbelievable! Am I missing something with the Osbourne big plan!!! Surely it would have been better for him to leave GO in charge.
Good cup run and beat Woking on our return to the league we will only be 4 points behind.
Oh yes the future bright the future GJ Torquay..
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by OllieGull »

Totnes_Yellow wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 12:41 Highlights video...up by today or not until Monday?
http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... /1-3614843

I imagine the longer highlights will be uploaded on Torquay's channel, maybe tonight, or tomorrow morning.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

What a disappointing set of highlights. They have missed out us hitting the post and the crossbar, for starters.
Totnes_Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Totnes_Yellow »

OllieGull wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 13:09 http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... /1-3614843

I imagine the longer highlights will be uploaded on Torquay's channel, maybe tonight, or tomorrow morning.
Cheers, Ollie!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

brucie wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 11:13 Its football - get over it. All fans barrack opposition players, especially goalkeepers when they make mistakes.

Their keeper needs to deal with it - perhaps he will sharpen up his kicking.
:goodpost:

A very rare occasion
TUST MEMBER
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Some Hungerford fans were barracking Keating, I will not repeat it on here. Its part of football, gee perhaps we should stay silent the whole game or sing nursery rhymes, only Politically correct ones of course.
TUST MEMBER
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

C'mon Guilford Gull, wake up & smell the coffee.
This is regionalised grass roots football, I wouldn't expect any other sort of treatment from opposing fans so why do you ?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Guildford Gull wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 10:47 The only negative for me was the behaviour of the fans behind the goal towards Hungerford's teenage goalkeeper in the 2nd half. Constantly singing that he was shit and cheering when he kicked the ball out of touch reflected badly on those fans and the club. He made two excellent saves in the 2nd half, which made the comments about his ability sound even more stupid.
Have you ever been to a football match before?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Banter between fans and players, long been part of the game, part of good footballing education for the young player, I mean just imagine if the young Hungerford keeper (who can't be much younger than Alex Bass) makes it big in the game, no where to hide when your playing in front of 25,000 fans.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CraigUnder wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 14:25 Have you ever been to a football match before?
=D

oh the poor young thing........
get a grip FFS - its part of the game....
when we visited Guiseley we gave their goalie stick all the time and he took it and gave it back too! :na:
...... he even gave his cap to one of our fans at the end!
.....and of course he had the last laugh as they beat us on both occasions! :@ :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

CraigUnder wrote: 16 Sep 2018, 14:25 Have you ever been to a football match before?
:goodpost: - I think 'Guilford Gull' is asking for total silence....

As I was one of those terrible people calling the keeper shit perhaps I should be banned...??