Hungerford Town v Torquay United 15/9/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

My son was at the game - we were apparently all over them. Reid hit he post, Banton hit the bar from 20 yards, Williams had a goal disallowed and their 17 year old keeper made two blinding saves in the second half.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Next up in the league, Woking and they lost today so some extra spice for GJs first home match after the FA Cup next week.

P.s. What odds on a bumper crowd?
Last edited by gateman49 on 15 Sep 2018, 17:36, edited 1 time in total.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Wish I could have gone today.
This is the turning point.
Upwards from here.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

brucie wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:04 My son was at the game - we were apparently all over them. Reid hit he post, Banton hit the bar from 20 yards, Williams had a goal disallowed and their 17 year old keeper made two blinding saves in the second half.
Mini Brucie is correct, we were all over them for pretty much the games entirety!

What a difference a change of manager and a few days can make, everything just felt different today and you could see that on the pitch and off it amongst the crowd.

Could have easily been 5/6/7 if it wasn’t for their young lad in goal and Opi’s dreadful shooting!

However, this was only Hungerford so I won’t get carried away. They are definitely going down this season.
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

All sounds promising and a good performance.

Crowd looked good as well, our away support really is amazing. Great dedication.

Hopefully we get a great turn out in 2 weeks

COYY
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Don't like to pour cold water on the result but we are talking about Hungerford...yeah... not exactly Manchester city of the lower league. despite recent results, we still should be blowing these part-time teams out of the water! As much as I m excited to have such a great manager at the helm, I still don't believe he will get Reid scoring hat tricks anytime soon and the words prolific scorers, Reid, Williams, and Keating in the same sentence other than this will never be used, call it a hunch if you like.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Buzzing for GJ and for the supporters. I'm actually excited to find out the scores now!

COYY.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

notnow wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:31 Don't like to pour cold water on the result but we are talking about Hungerford...yeah... not exactly Manchester city of the lower league. despite recent results, we still should be blowing these part-time teams out of the water! As much as I m excited to have such a great manager at the helm, I still don't believe he will get Reid scoring hat tricks anytime soon and the words prolific scorers, Reid, Williams, and Keating in the same sentence other than this will never be used, call it a hunch if you like.
Not now.......
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Good result - that is a positive start for Mr J.

Sounded like the players were up for it...………… shame it needed a change of manager for them to actually play with some passion, where has that been so far this season?
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:35 Not now.......
You beat me to it Danny !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Great start,it's hard to get any passion when you've been motivated by the D Ower man.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Dutchgull wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:41 You beat me to it Danny !! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Me too (if I can use that phrase).
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Good win, good start. For me it's the manner of the victory that counts here, from listening the radio, 2 goals, hit the woodwork twice, a goal disallowed, and 10 plus corners a thoroughly deserved 3 points by the sounds of it, and sets us nicely for Woking home.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

brucie wrote: 15 Sep 2018, 17:04 My son was at the game - we were apparently all over them. Reid hit he post, Banton hit the bar from 20 yards, Williams had a goal disallowed and their 17 year old keeper made two blinding saves in the second half.
I’d say that’s a pretty fair summary of the game. We were the superior side from start to finish. The two good saves were from Edwards and Reid. Very disappointed for Williams that his goal was chalked off as his touch and finish was as clinical as you’ll see at either this level or the one above.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Now that was thoroughly enjoyable.

Played very very well. Hit the post, the bar, goal disallowed, missed a few as well.

Everyone put in the effort and we looked like a professional football team.

We were alert, first to the ball, always seemed to have an extra man. Ball control and passing good for this level.

That was one hell of difference from the last game I saw.

I don't want to say Hungerford were not much good =, because I wouldn't want to take it away from those players.

When we scored you could see the players were relieved, jubilant and wanted more. Bloody good afternoon!!
TUST MEMBER