NEW MANAGER GARY JOHNSON

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Gowling has no plans to return I'm afraid. May not be his choice I appreciate.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

kevgull wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 21:42
I expect Pitman and Gowling to return as soon as their loan deals allow as GJ will want to give them a good looking at before making any decisions regarding their future at TUFC.
Pittman is on a season long loan to Truro, so not sure if he can be recalled. As for Gowling there are two things; firstly we do not desperately need defenders and secondly part of his problems at Torquay stem from the fact his partner didn't want to come down here. You can tell the English Riviera has gone down hill when someone prefers to stay on Humberside rather than come here.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

OMG I go away for a couple of days and Gary 1 exits for Gary 2.

I am surprised that Mr. Osborne has persuaded GJ to come to Torquay but delighted.

The next few weeks are going to be fascinating.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 21:54 Pittman is on a season long loan to Truro, so not sure if he can be recalled. As for Gowling there are two things; firstly we do not desperately need defenders and secondly part of his problems at Torquay stem from the fact his partner didn't want to come down here. You can tell the English Riviera has gone down hill when someone prefers to stay on Humberside rather than come here.
I should say...I go Grimsby now and again driving for work and it's not great. Little bit of fact think your find Grimsby town play in cleethorpes and not grimsby
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Very good interview but suggesting that we are going to score a few goals in the next couple of games looks unlikely unless he brings in four new forwards.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"I don't wanna knock, GJ" . . . . . . :-D :rofl:

:scarf:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Yippee a proper manager! Reid,Williams,keeting, need to go. Get a proper strike force.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Neal wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 12:27 Great appointment, for me the best appointment we could have done given our current situation

I cannot see a guy of his experience coming to a club in this league without having discussed ambition, money and the future.

I am now wiling (but keeping my eye on the ball) to give CO a second chance. my boycott has ended for the time being.
See you at Hungerford Neal?

Les
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

View1 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 21:50 Gowling has no plans to return I'm afraid. May not be his choice I appreciate.
Oh good, I take it that means we don’t have to pay him his (no doubt sizeable) wages anymore then?

I was no great fan of Owers, but Gowling has built up quite a reputation for himself in recent years of being a player who regularly causes problems for Managers he falls out with .... just ask Grimsby fans what he’s like!

Good riddance!
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

He never settled here that's for sure, under the right circumstances I still think he could have been a decent player for us but it seems his desire to be here left about the same time as Nicholson did, so your right- If he doesn't want to be here it's better his wages are freed up for someone who does.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Brilliant appointment - I think I will be reviewing my decision not to watch regional football!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Absolutely delighted with both the appointment and the speed with which it was made. GJ is a proper football man, proper South West man, knows what it takes not only to get a side promoted when they SHOULD but also can inspire his sides to overachieve.

As others have alluded to, we have to be patient now and bear in mind that turning things around takes time, but this feels like an incredibly positive step forward for the club. Time for everyone to step up to the plate and give 100% support to the team and manager.

GARY JOHNSON'S YELLOW ARMY!!!
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Kingsgull83 »

View1 wrote: 13 Sep 2018, 21:50 Gowling has no plans to return I'm afraid. May not be his choice I appreciate.
Would anyone want to see him back? Waste of space IMO
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I'm of the opinion drop all past negetivites ...If he wants s chance give it to him. Draw a thick line over the sagas of last 3 years or so and fresh start and fresh oppuntuity for all. Stand up and be counted
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

This is a genuinely brilliant appointment! It would have been a coup two leagues above us, do the French have a term for something bigger?

I finally have some hope for the season!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"