Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Ok where is Harrops role or is more business than recruitment. Shambles last time around with a massive wait. Prehaps instinct will be better than a long drawn out process this time !
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 19:20
However a major stumbling block as with our last recruitment search is 'proven managers' want full control of all football matters which leaves Harrop in limbo. Maybe this time round Harrop will find himself surplus to requirements.
Harrop was stood down from any involvement in the football side of things during the recent reallocation of responsibilities, which makes me wonder whether the reshuffle was to make way for a new manager.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

SenorDingDong wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 19:24

It's somewhat humiliating but we could do a loss worse than being Bristol City's feeder club for a couple seasons, they seem to be sending some decent players down our end.
I wouldn't get too carried away with that. They sent us two players who had one good match so far.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 19:53 I wouldn't get too carried away with that. They sent us two players who had one good match so far.
And George Dowling last season.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 19:44 Harrop was stood down from any involvement in the football side of things during the recent reallocation of responsibilities, which makes me wonder whether the reshuffle was to make way for a new manager.
I don't have the insight into why these changes were made, but your theory has much credence. It is evident that Ower's dismissal was not a knee jerk reaction and was in the the pipeline for a few weeks. Therefore, such changes must have been made with an overall purpose i.e. a new manager is already lined up with a guarantee that all football matters will be under his jurisdiction.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

I really hope the club is not lazy like the Herald Express and considers former players or managers or those who manage minor clubs locally. There are managers out there who we haven’t thought of, who would be more suitable. The likes of Mark Collier, Bobby Wilkinson would be better choices than the #legend route and you’d hope Harrop ha snothing to do with the recruitment this time and this Edwards guy recruits as he would in a company. You choose who you think the best people are, not the most popular or those who used to work there.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

MellowYellow wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 20:01 I don't have the insight into why these changes were made, but your theory has much credence. It is evident that Ower's dismissal was not a knee jerk reaction and was in the the pipeline for a few weeks. Therefore, such changes must have been made with an overall purpose i.e. a new manager is already lined up with a guarantee that all football matters will be under his jurisdiction.
Good point - let's hope so. I can't remember the stats - wasn't is 4 weeks and 6 games without a manager - and 1 point? We never recovered from that fiasco.
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

:scarf:
dennisk wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 18:46 Gilbert Gull - NO!

The new manager will be one of the following:

Herring Gull
Yellow-legged Gull
Black-headed Gull
Common Gull
Little Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Great Black-backed Gull
Glaucous Gull
Iceland Gull
Kittiwake
Mediterranean Gull

Or a touch of the exotics, maybe the rare Ivory Gull or Ross's Gull, things certainly need to TERN but we don't want to be Skua(d).

No bird-brained suggestions please........
:scarf:
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Albert Tross?
Grecian71
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Fred Binney

Post by Grecian71 »

The "other" Kevin Nicholson posted this on Twitter just over a week ago

https://x.com/kevnicholson1/status/1036577647281823745

Did well at Bangor City in the Welsh League - until they had to let him go due to off-field problems which were none of his doing. Was with us (the Grecians) in the youth set up for a while. Highly regarded. Could do worse.
Grecian71
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Fred Binney

Post by Grecian71 »

Hmm not sure the link works. Anyhow, his Twitter ID is @kevnicholson1 if you're interested
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
brucie wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:01 I'm not saying your stupid - I am just saying if you keep looking at your I pad waiting for him to be sacked it isn't going to happen (unless we lose a few more games on the trot that is)
:~D. :clap:
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Jamie Howell ( Eastbourne) . ? Ex Torquay ...
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

I ve heard he has done good job on very low budget too
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Dazza wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 20:49 Jamie Howell ( Eastbourne) . ? Ex Torquay ...
Is being an ex-player the primary reason for appointing someone manager. Think Saunders, Hargreaves, Nicholson at al.