Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 16:43 So a "proven non-league track record" is not experience? What is it then.
Because there's a difference between someone with 10 years 'experience' that’s never managed in the NLP/NLS in his life, and someone who managed for say 3-5 years and won cups and divisional titles but in the non-league, who may not be considered quite so experienced.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 16:57 If we want someone who knows this level we’ll surky Jay saunders ex Maidstone manager is the perfect manager?
Was he on a full time or part time contact at Maidstone?

I had a look at his Wikipedia after his name was suggested as one to consider. He has 4 children, would he be prepared to move his family down to Devon I wonder.

Would he have to commute ala Paul Cox, or would he move down to the area? If not, it wouldn't be sustainable long term..
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 16:38 As for Owers, tried to put into words on Saturday's match thread (not always my strong point) .....
I strongly disagree with you. I think many of us forum members would agree that your posts are about the most sensible and fair-minded on here. :-D

I was surprised to read Brucie's post about Steve Tully being booed when he made the half time draws. I didn't notice any boos ..... and why should there be? Jay Saunders or Gary Johnson would be good appointments in my view. But who would want to be a manager at a club with an absent chairman? It is reported that he hasn't attended a match this season, but did he attend any matches last season?
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

One of the worst managers in our history, should never have got the job in the first place, what a waste of space.
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Got to be jay Saunders, been saying it for a few weeks now! Would be the perfect appointment IMO.
Glad Owers has gone, best thing he’s done since he got here!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Very kind of you to say Tomogull, fivers on it's way :)

Further to my above posts, what I'm driving at is, what do we consider to be experienced, and again what I'm driving at as far getting the right man in terms of someone with a proven non-league track record, a prime example of which is Danny Cowley ( not suggesting him ) Someone who never played professionally, started his management career with Concord in the Essex senior league, winning 3 promotions, ok, he had the prerequisite number of games under his belt in football management, but would have considered him to be experienced enough for us say, being it, he managed at a much lower level, before first Braintree then Lincoln City took a punt on him, the rest is history.

So before we go out as fans, begging for the Gary Johnson's of this world, is there another Danny Cowley out there.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Bridportgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Micky cave

Post by Bridportgull »

Good idea but I believe Danny Cowley and his brother were full time teachers and only part time managers so if you went down that path they would have to give up the safety of full time job and we would be making gamble where as Saunders and Johnson were full time mangers
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I wouldn't want Johnson. Had youth set up at Yeovil shut down to squeeze a few more pennies for the budget.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

brucie wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 14:10 That will be the Tully who was soundly booed and jeered when he did the half time draw on Saturday.
Some idiots boo'ed Guy Branston when he signed....
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

The question is will the new man be in charge for Saturdays game? If not then who will be?
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

Can someone tell me Owers’ record at the club plz
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Road2League2 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 17:54 Can someone tell me Owers’ record at the club plz
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Road2League2 wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 17:54 Can someone tell me Owers’ record at the club plz
Gary Owers - 13 September 2017 to 12 September 2018 - P47 W13 D12 L22 - 27.66% Win Rate

https://www.torquayfanstats.com/managers
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Road2League2 »

:-D
Southampton Gull wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 17:59
It’s better than I thought!
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Road2League2 »

Gulliball wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 18:01 Gary Owers - 13 September 2017 to 12 September 2018 - P47 W13 D12 L22 - 27.66% Win Rate

https://www.torquayfanstats.com/managers
Cheers gulli