FA Cup - Lymington vs Torquay United 22/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Lymington 1 up.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

1-1
Mr Burnz
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Sako

Post by Mr Burnz »

Lymington it is. 2-1 winners.

If we don’t beat this lot, Christ.....
Whydoibother
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by Whydoibother »

Not far for Dave to go. Mind you seeing we are so crap he might give it a miss 😁
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I've actually got to go there tomorrow to do a job. Perhaps I should sabotage the pitch and flatten it so we have a chance of scoring.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

We better be training on these type of pitches All next week, else our hopes have gone out of the window.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

I was in Lymington today with my wife having a nice family day out, as only an hour from me. Can't believe I'll be returning in 11 days time. This is just up the road from Bashley, who we played a few years back in FA Cup, I guess must be nearly twenty year ago now - this was when we could win cup games.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

To cheer myself up i watched the cup matches when we stuffed Yeovil and scared the hell out of Birmingham,oh to have those players now and Leroy as manager.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Nightrider wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 23:42 To cheer myself up i watched the cup matches when we stuffed Yeovil and scared the hell out of Birmingham,oh to have those players now and Leroy as manager.
Couple of my favourite games, doubles by Chris Todd and Danny Stevens

Still remember the old grandstand rocking when Steve Woods hit the woodwork v Birmingham, should have won that game
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Been lymington a few times in recent years, when getting cruise from Southampton. Lovely place as is the new forest. I have just googled the ground, is it right that they share it with the cricket club?
Lucy
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

Nick Potkins wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 22:18 I was in Lymington today with my wife having a nice family day out, as only an hour from me. Can't believe I'll be returning in 11 days time. This is just up the road from Bashley, who we played a few years back in FA Cup, I guess must be nearly twenty year ago now - this was when we could win cup games.
Are you sure we played Bashley? If we did I’ve forgotten that completely, so apologies if I’m wrong. I know we played Fareham from that area around 88/89.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

hector wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 07:01 Are you sure we played Bashley? If we did I’ve forgotten that completely, so apologies if I’m wrong. I know we played Fareham from that area around 88/89.
We beat Fareham 3-2, McNichol, Smith & Loram the scorers, it was a replay after a 2-2 draw at Plainmoor. After beating Yeovil in the second round (after another replay), we went on to lose at Sheffield Wednesday 1-5. I wonder how far we will get this time! COYG :scarf:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

hector wrote: 12 Sep 2018, 07:01 Are you sure we played Bashley? If we did I’ve forgotten that completely, so apologies if I’m wrong. I know we played Fareham from that area around 88/89.
We played Bashley at home in the Trophy during our first non-league stint but I don't think we have ever played at their place.
Nick Potkins
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Nick Potkins »

Sorry I got the wrong cup, it was trophy. It was at home as remember making the trip with a car full. . .
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 11 Sep 2018, 21:45 I've actually got to go there tomorrow to do a job. Perhaps I should sabotage the pitch and flatten it so we have a chance of scoring.
Will you need any doggy poo bags to clean it up. I’ve got some spare from our Springer (unused, of course)