Torquay United v Chippenham Town 08/09/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 07 Sep 2018, 18:38 On your way back, could you grab me some popcorn please....this is entertaining :)
Friday eve a few cans of beer be useful too.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Pimm's O'clock 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Magners please.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

This has got 0-0 written all over it .............. unless someone scores of course ....
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Chimppenham win 3-0

Popside goes apeshit

Right turn Clyde

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As hard as it me be, we are an NLS club whether we like it or not, and today need to pay all due respects to our opponents. Chippenham have scored 11 goals in their last 6 league games, including a thumping 4.1 win against Concord, and a win v highly fancied Billericay, so taking into account last weeks first half performance evidence suggests Chippenham will not be as wasteful in front of goal as HH were last week, the warning is there.

Think a lot will depend on how we're set up for this game. I've maintained until blue in face and will continue to do so, that Jamie Reid is, and will only ever be effective in the middle of a front 2, him, Keating, Regis and two Bristol lads linked up very well when things were changed last week, so maybe we'll start that way, but it's been long held and often expressed opinion that Keating isn't a 90 minute player.

Need a win today, and for once can we se our team perform right form the start. Can't remember a single game were Owers hasn't had to react to slow start.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

Prediction: 3-1

Chippenham score early doors.

2 for Reidy and a late Keating goal.

We always play well when YorkshireGully graces us with his support
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No easy games but they signed an 18 year old keeper from Shrewsbury who got recalled last night and have had to scrabble around for another loanee in the form of a 19 year old from West Brom who hasn't got any experience either.

They also have one of our lottery winning squad in the form of Klukowski who is probably amongst the worst 10 players I have ever seen in a Torquay shirt.

Sure they beat Concord Rangers 4-1 last week but they conceded 5 the week before at home and if you look at the highlights Concord were diabolical.

Chippenham don't fare so well away from home - and will be playing on a proper pitch rather a farmers field so no doubt will be blowing out their arses after about 50 minutes.

I don't care what minute we start playing as long as we win - these sides will always go all out at the start as its probably the only opportunity they will get to play on a proper pitch against a proper football team all season.

Anyway I am going to the match today so I am expecting Mr Owers to conjure up another win.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Don’t worry about klukowski he’s injured
Lucy
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

lucy6lucy wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 10:56 Don’t worry about klukowski he’s injured
Nothing new there then!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Agree with the sentiment Brucie. An ugly win is, as good as any win, however the problem this season other than a lack of goals scored is, every win we've had has been ugly, in a game that could easily have swung either way.

If we want to gain promotion, or even challenge for it, our team has start a achieving a level of consistency, they have to start performing early in games, not in the last 25 minutes or so as against Bath and HH, and been lucky to be in a position where our opponents didn't take numerous chances, giving us the chance to go and win the game.

If the team want to make their full time status count, they have to start getting hold of the possession, keeping the ball for longer periods, shifting it about the park quicker, impose our game on the opponents, all things said above, are not, have not been happening up to this point, you'll only get away with it so many times.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

brucie wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 10:40
Chippenham don't fare so well away from home - and will be playing on a proper pitch rather a farmers field so no doubt will be blowing out their arses after about 50 minutes.
They've already won at Plainmoor this season.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'll take a one nil win even if it's a 97th minute clearance hitting Reid's backside. I don't care if we play crap or someone throws a kiss at Owers so long as we win.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Wouldn't we all Dave. But my point remains, it is still early in the season, but once you start going through September into October you have start seeing consistency coming into your performances.

We're 9 points behind Woking, no big deal at this stage, Woking aren't going end up 41 wins 1 defeat, but without some consistency in our own performances (looking a long way off at the moment) we're not going to be in a position to close the gap when Woking have a slip up.
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

Road2League2 wrote: 08 Sep 2018, 10:38 Prediction: 3-1

Chippenham score early doors.

2 for Reidy and a late Keating goal.

We always play well when YorkshireGully graces us with his support
Haha road2league2 with your prediction s again told you all to keep faith with Reidy and he would come good man of match Reidy today need to meet up with you stayed over night in camper van outside stadium havin a few ales before match what about in boots and laces how will I spot you a rose in your lapel haha 4. 0 Reidy all 4. COYY