Torquay United v Hemel Hempstead Town, Saturday 1st September 2018

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Shangull wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 16:31 Mellow Yellow and Forever TUFC...[dropshadow=blue]our current the point isn't whether you can attract the best part time talent but whether part time talent is better than full time talent or simply whether we could attract better part time talent than full time talent.[/dropshadow] Loan signings may be the way and to become some form of development club for Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol City, Bristol Rovers, Swindon but we are a low way down the football pyramid for league clubs to loan for anything beyond a short period. There's no easy answer but it's going to take some great leadership off the field by club and team management and that's something which is a concern. If anyone is still in the belief that as a full time team we should be beating part time teams with ease then we've all had a rude awakening. It's getting a bit tiring to hear fans talking of this and the constant poor support of our team on the pitch.
I'm in complete agreement with most of this post, I, personally posted a few times before the seasons start, that our full time status wouldn't be any guarantee of success, we, as a club, team, have to earn the right to win games, think most fans knew that, there was always going to be a bit of misplaced arrogance unfortunately.

However when you say there's no easy answer, and your right, there isn't, that point is valid to the part I've highlighted. Any decision to stay full-time or go part-time, has been, and will be again in the future one of the most important decisions our club can make, a decision our club can't afford to get wrong, all I am saying, and I belief M/Y also, is for our club to go part-time would be a huge gamble, if it were to backfire, it would cost our club it's future as a potential NLP/EFL football club.

And this relevant also, to get a better standard of part-time player, than the current crop of full-time players, the club 'would' have to attract the best part-time players, which would mean, regardless of where we train, competing, with Woking, Dartford, Chelmsford, and a numbers London/Greater London based clubs in the NLP.

Training near London would help, but if your top goalscorer is say, an IT systems manager, would he be able to leave work at midday, or even get the day off to play for TUFC at home on Tuesday night, when he could work all day and still make the kick-off as a Dartford player.

The reason why we all agree about moving the training base every time this subject comes up, believe we all agree the jobs market around these parts would not support top class part-time football, and the pool of suitable part-time players is far, far too small.

Any switch to part-time football, in the my opinion, believe many would agree, will not be the quick and easy fix some think it would be ( not aimed at you )
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Mr Owers had to sign players on loan as he has four regular first teamers out injured and with a small squad that's alot to cope with. Bristol City might recall those players - that's just one of these things hardly worth moaning about though.

HH obviously blew themselves out in the first half and in the second half it seems were found out completely as people have said they were outplayed.

People moan because Owers brought in Bass instead of the other keeper and he has been excellent. Look at the fuss that Richinns made because Owers signed Edwards and in particularly Andrews.

It seems to me that you and your little crew actually wanted Torquay to lose yesterday so you could partake in another round of Owers bashing. Where have I said that we will get out of this league this year?

Can't wait to see those goals scored by Jamie and the "useless" Asa Hall. Basically they shoved it right up your arse yesterday and you are still fuming that we won.

Absolutely looooving it.

You have no credence - isn't about time you came on told us what a great side Eastleigh are again. How they have 700 kids and their parents watching their games bla blah blah and how they are going places. What a load of crap that turned out to be now that their "sugar daddy" has fecked off.

Trounced 4-0 by Harrogate yesterday. If Owers is such a shite manager what does that say about Eastleigh as they have less points than do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by brucie on 02 Sep 2018, 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 17:41 Mr Owers had to sign players on loan as he has four regular first teamers out injured and with a small squad that's alot to cope with. Bristol City might recall those players - that's just one of these things hardly worth moaning about though.

HH obviously blew themselves out in the first half and in the second half it seems were found out completely as people have said they were outplayed.

People moan because Owers brought in Bass instead of the other keeper and he has been excellent. Look at the fuss that Richinns made because Owers signed Edwards and in particularly Andrews.

It seems to me that you and your little crew actually wanted Torquay to lose yesterday so you could partake in another round of Owers bashing. Where have I said that we will get out of this league this year?

Can't wait to see those goals scored by Jamie and the "useless" Asa Hall. Basically they shoved it right up your arse yesterday and you are still fuming that we won.

Absolutely looooving it.

You have no credence - isn't about time you came on told us what a great side Eastleigh are again. How they have 700 kids and their parents watching their games bla blah blah and how they are going places. What a load of crap that turned out to be now that their "sugar daddy" has fecked off.

Trounced 4-0 by Harrogate yesterday. If Owers is such a shite manager what does that say about Eastleigh as they have less points than do are :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes. What a fuss. One joking picture having a bit of fun because neither players were strikers. A complete savage and prolonged attack. I must take my lead from you brucie.....the same man that attacked Ling repeatedly about being an alcoholic whilst he was in the darkest place mentally that you would never wish for anyone to experience....what a decent bloke you are! A true virtuous stand up salt of the earth legend!

Keep it up brucie! - I enjoy your desperate attempts to try to be clever...the more you do the more I enjoy you being shown as the pathetic bitter old man that you are!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Shangull wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 16:31 Mellow Yellow and Forever TUFC...the point isn't whether you can attract the best part time talent but whether part time talent is better than full time talent or simply whether we could attract better part time talent than our current full time talent. Loan signings may be the way and to become some form of development club for Plymouth, Exeter.. Bristol Rovers..

Shanegull, I was accepting to by-pass a debate on your belief that that our clubs training facilicaties be relocated to Bristol so to make the transition from full time to becoming a part-time club. Maybe Nicho could get the job as the bus driver to ship the players in on match day.

But your suggestion of becoming a 'feeder' club for the likes of 'The Pilgrims' 'The Grecians', and the 'Gasheads' is really a bridge too far. Shame on you! :@
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Terry's posts are full of assumptions from his armchair and obviously far from accurate as usual. Eastleigh from county football to national football in 20 years and little old us going even faster the other way. Quite how he can find that so funny is bewildering, maybe he is an Exeter fan like others have hinted at 😀
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Obviously I’m pleased we won yesterday, but in the same way that I don’t think we are/were relegation bound because of a few losses, neither does it make us playoff bound because of one good 45 minute half yesterday.

Also, I’m chuffed for Reid. I’ve never once thought it was big or clever to boo him whilst on the pitch - happy for anybody to look through my posts and prove me wrong (you won’t).
I also condemned in rather strong terms the idiotic behavior that took place last week - again it seems that Terry, in his hatred of me for simply daring to support a club from afar, got it wrong and thinks that because I dare to be friends with Dave, that I agree with everything he says or thinks....I most definitely don’t.

One hopes that this isn’t simply a papering over the cracks exercise and that we go on to make the most of this win and push on up the league, I will be delighted if Reid finally goes on a goalscoring run and I’ll be thrilled if Brett find his strikers boots.

More to the point though, I’ll continue to support the club through thick and thin.

I’ll continue to listen to them every Saturday, when I am able to, regardless of the result the previous week (unlike a certain supporter who stated that they would decide whether they were going depending on what the result was yesterday - such confidence in the manager eh ;-) ) and I’ll continue to spend money I can’t really afford to fly over when I can and watch my team.

Finally, I’ll continue to post on this board, in spite of the continual unprovoked attacks from Terry (who finds it hilarious to also deliberately spell my name wrong most times he attacks too....I think my favourite was a few years ago when he called me snot....**** comedy genius is our Terry Larcombe.)

Yellows!!

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 18:34
I also condoned in rather strong terms the idiotic behavior that took place last week -
Don't you mean 'condemned'? No wonder Brucie keeps misrepresenting you.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

what a funny ol' game it is.....
as has been said should have been 3 or 4 down at HT. Chrous of boos at the HT whistle.
2nd half completely different - still rode our luck, but when we went 1 up HH heads dropped.
Difference was Keating coming on the replace the ineffective Williams. Changed the game.
The two loanees were excellent.
Two well take goals - Reidy with a composed finish and a great header from a corner by Hall.
Great to see Dave/Forevertufc and slack bladder Trojan67...
We don't know that he avoided the toilet for defo dave as we weren't with him all the time...... :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 19:04 Don't you mean 'condemned'? No wonder Brucie keeps misrepresenting you.
Yes, I did. Don’t you just hate autocorrect/predictive text :@

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

The problem we've got is if we don't get promoted we will be part-time.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

arcadia wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 21:24 The problem we've got is if we don't get promoted we will be part-time.
Minor issue compared to the club being 'wound up' when Osborne does not get his planning permission approved.
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

brucie wrote: 02 Sep 2018, 17:41 Mr Owers had to sign players on loan as he has four regular first teamers out injured and with a small squad that's alot to cope with. Bristol City might recall those players - that's just one of these things hardly worth moaning about though.

Absolutely looooving it.

Trounced 4-0 by Harrogate yesterday. If Owers is such a shite manager what does that say about Eastleigh as they have less points than do :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Has someone nicked your login? i remember when you used to slate Ling and Buckle how TUFC were hopeless and were never going again while we had regular decent L2 finishes.

and now..................
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

royalgull wrote: 03 Sep 2018, 13:58 [highlight=yellow]Has someone nicked your login? i remember when you used to slate Ling and Buckle how TUFC were hopeless and were never going again while we had regular decent L2 finishes.

and now..................[/highlight]
and now he just doesn't go! Ignorance is bliss!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Terry has spent so long trolling this forum he's started to believe his own shit.

He's so desperate for attention he's now slagging off teams above us in the pyramid. You couldn't make it up. 'Mr Owers' must be pissing himself at how he's got our Terry fooled.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

You can tell brucie knows nothing as he thinks Sokolik is better than Cameron!

Hoping for some consistency now - start the next game with the team that played the majority of the 2nd half