Torquay United v Hemel Hempstead Town, Saturday 1st September 2018

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

tufc si wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 16:35 I honestly don’t think we’ll score again this season!!
I’m taking the credit for this one, no need to thank me people :lol:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

tufc si wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 16:35 I honestly don’t think we’ll score again this season!!
Must have been close to 500 minutes.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

Based on Twittter, everything thing seems to be coming through Andrews
Last edited by Lloyder5 on 01 Sep 2018, 16:45, edited 2 times in total.
TUST number 080
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

2!!! What is this madness?!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

2 nil ASA Hall
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

kevgull wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 16:36 Must have been close to 500 minutes.
The last goal was after 53 minutes in round 3 on 11. August. So I guess that makes it 474 minutes.
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
YorkshireGully
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Reidy

Post by YorkshireGully »

Finding it hard to get there this season but keep the faith come on Reidy
acbtufc
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Paul Ramsey

Post by acbtufc »

YorkshireGully wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 17:02 Finding it hard to get there this season but keep the faith come on Reidy
Could share a lift with Yorkie Andy?
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Great result but only moved up one place in the table
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Lucky to still be in it at half time but the second half was a different story. The two new lads played right through and seemed to lift the others. Bass kept us in it till half time with one wonder save in particular as they had half a dozen gilt edge chances which all went begging.

Reid rightly m.o.m.
Last edited by gateman49 on 01 Sep 2018, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Phew! Great result and much needed goals. The two loan players certainly made their presence felt. Whilst we rode our luck, this result will boost confidence going forward. Next........
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

I just hope this win isn’t a fluke and one to paper over the cracks! Another home game next week we ‘should’ win and hopefully fortunes will start to change. Wins bring confidence, which is what we need.

Sounded like the two new lads played very well too, just the kick up the backside the rest of the team needed.
PaulR
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulR »

Great second half! We could quite easily have been three goals down at half time.
The two Bristol lads are a breath of fresh air to the team So obvious by their understanding of each other that they have played together for a while.
Reid had a great game and seemed to grow in confidence even before his goal.
Sadly it has to be said that the whole team performance changed for the better the moment Brett Williams was taken off.
Reid, the Bristol lads and Keating were a real threat going forward and it would be great to see them all start the next game.
http://www.rockettrides.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Couldn’t resist the urge to go today despite me saying I wouldn’t until Owers was gone.
At half time I thoughts we should have been 3 or 4 down with another hapless team performance. A stunning save from Bass was just one of several chances that went begging for Hemel.
The Bristol lads were just excellent and like others have said injected pace and urgency .
Second half started the same and credit where it’s due GO rung the changes in bringing on Keating and going to a more standard 4-4-2 . As soon as this happened we looked a different side with movement and momentum. We looked like we would score and ran Hemel ragged.
One negative for me was a couple of twats in the pop side constantly verbally abusing our players when we were still nil nil.
Absolute hypocrites , as when Reid scored they were clapping as if they had been behind the lads all along.
Great second half performance Mr Owers ,Reid well deserving of the MOM award with Bass and the Brizzle youngsters close runners up.
More please Mr Owers and maybe we can all genuinely have some hope and in return you may gain some much needed respect .
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Another poor 1st half performance. How we went in at half time not being 2-3 down I have no idea. Bass makes some very good saves. Defensively we are shocking, just no passing or direction, Williams is up top isolated, Reid is pushed out wide left. Now saying all that the two City lads were just a breath of fresh air. You could see their work rate and how well coached they are. Anything positive came through them.
Second half started and HH missed what looked like an open goal and again for 10 min or so we were poor. Then the defining moment, Brett Williams gets subbed and Keating comes on and the whole attitude and direction improves. We start playing the balls over their RB and Andrews and Reid causing HH no end of trouble with Reid finally putting away a good chance.
2nd goal came from a great delivery from Andrews to Asa Hall unmarked heading into the net.
Reid got MOM however I thought it should of gone to Andrews who has just about everything to his game. Opie has to be one of the quickest players I have seen and he clearly has an understanding with Andrews.