Jake Andrews and Opi Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Who misses out on the bench then?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

jeditufc.jpg
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Lost for words really....
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Good luck to both of them. I m sure both played in the pre season friendly for City against us.

So whats the plan now then GO??
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

No more wing backs then maybe?
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

underwhelmed... massively.

So, we're short on goals... cue Owers... *lightbulb moment* let's get a winger and a midfielder in...

If we thought the last 3+ seasons have been embarrassing/tragic, we've now got to rely on a winger and midfield to score goals because the pile of dross we currently have up front can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
TUFCfan
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by TUFCfan »

Don't know too much about Opi Edwards other than seeing that he scored a few at Bath last season.

Jake Andrews could be a really good signing and surprised he hasn't gone out on loan to a L2/conference side. Had a decent spell on loan at Cheltenham last season, scored a good free kick for them and think he might have scored one against us in preseason so will give us a threat from set pieces.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

I think they are both very good signing. Hopefully they will be the creative players we need to open the doors for Brett and Co up front. Individually, they look like theyve got goals in them too. Give em a chance, we may be pleasantly surprised.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

:goodpost: =D
Richinns wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 15:28jeditufc.jpg
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

People carping already and the players havn't even set foot on the field yet. Nothing new there then.

Didn't Edwards score two when we played them in the friendly? and I am also pretty sure that someone said that Jake Andrews was the standout player on the pitch that night.

Pretty promising signings I'd say. Some people seem to forget that we are in the Conference South. I'm not sure who they want us to sign?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

I'm no Owers fan, but these new signings havn't even started a game yet and are already being slated by certain members!

Other positions on the pitch can score goals other than strikers and also some forget we need players who can get the ball to a player in a good position to score too..
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Owers signed the current midfield. His team. His fault. The strikers have been woeful so far so he signs.......

Two more midfielders. !!!!! WTf !!!!

Genius.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

Interesting take on things from some on here! Whilst our forwards have been misfiring, I don’t think the rest of the team are blameless when it comes to our lack of goals!!! It is, after all, a TEAM game! The midfielders haven’t created enough and not scored a single goal in seven attempts either!

Personally I don’t think the wing backs have been delivering enough quality crosses into the box on a regular basis either.

These two signings may see a switch to a 4-4-2 I suspect, or perhaps a 4-4-1-1?

Anyway, personally I’m excited at the signing of these two, who were both quality against us on the recent PSF and between them managed to score THREE goals in 90 minutes at Plainmoor ... the same number of goals our WHOLE team has mustered in SEVEN games!

Finally it’s not just strikers that score goaks, I mean technically speaking, neither Salah, Hazard or Alli are strikers ... but how important are they to their teams, and how many goals do they score!
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

CP Gull wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 18:24 Interesting take on things from some on here! Whilst our forwards have been misfiring, I don’t think the rest of the team are blameless when it comes to our lack of goals!!! It is, after all, a TEAM game! The midfielders haven’t created enough and not scored a single goal in seven attempts either!

Personally I don’t think the wing backs have been delivering enough quality crosses into the box on a regular basis either.

These two signings may see a switch to a 4-4-2 I suspect, or perhaps a 4-4-1-1?

Anyway, personally I’m excited at the signing of these two, who were both quality against us on the recent PSF and between them managed to score THREE goals in 90 minutes at Plainmoor ... the same number of goals our WHOLE team has mustered in SEVEN games!

Finally it’s not just strikers that score goaks, I mean technically speaking, neither Salah, Hazard or Alli are strikers ... but how important are they to their teams, and how many goals do they score!
:goodpost:

Exactly.