Torquay United v Hampton & Richmond 25/08/2018

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

lambadaboss wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 12:25 The buck stops with the manager, yes, but problems off the pitch, most of which the ordinary supporter has no knowledge about, are having a detrimental impact on performances. Mr Owers has no money to sign decent players so he has to work with what he has got and being perfectly honest the current crop of players at the club just are not good enough. Whether he is a good manager or not will not be validated until he has better players to work with. And I don't think that will happen.

So I don't think you can pin all the blame on GO even for what is happening on the pitch.
I could be wrong , but i am certain that a number of posters on here believe that GO had a much larger budget to sign players than Nicho last term
GO has signed some would describe as decent players however it is plain to see that GO cannot get the best out of them .
He needs to go now !
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

A lot of posters across all forums believe GO has a substantially larger budget than KN did, but the £1 million some refer to probably includes the cost of running the club for the entire season and not just the players budget alone.
As for the players recruited, we thought KN had signed a decent squad of players and that did not materialise, and again we thought GO had signed decent players, but maybe not. In other words what do we know.
One thing is certain. We are one of the lowest ranked full time professional club in the country, possibly amongst the bottom five of such clubs, therefore we are going to be one of the least attractive options for professional footballers, hence we are not really going to attract very good players. As Lambada pointed out above the only way a club like ours can attract top players is to pay well above the going rate and I doubt the budget for this season allows that.
grockle
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Willie Brown

Post by grockle »

Does anybody know why there is no video of this match on the tufc or vanarama websites, pretty poor effort from a "professional " club, when all these "pub" teams can post their videos within 48 hours!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

grockle wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 10:41 Does anybody know why there is no video of this match on the tufc or vanarama websites, pretty poor effort from a "professional " club, when all these "pub" teams can post their videos within 48 hours!
Posted 3 days ago