Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

forevertufc wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 09:00 How come I've neevr found one :) Oh glad to see you still posting.
Why wouldn't I be?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Jerry wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 09:11 Why wouldn't I be?
No particular reasons, just saw a response to one of your posts and hoped, it hadn't put off, clealry not :-D
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

forevertufc wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 08:53 ............arguments on forums and social media, the unity between two forums appears to have once again broken down.
Nothing broken down from our perspective, Dave.

Merse et al are free to post on here or not. Merse likes to show his face on here to recruit members to his forum. Doesn't bother us one bit.

Kevin Millard rightly drew criticism for attacking our fan base and Merse tried to kiss his arse, nothing new there. 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Glad I was out yesterday evening. 4 pages of absolute drivel interspersed with sensible posts from brucie, lambadaboss, and merse who then got attacked for being.....well sensible! :}
DB1007
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by DB1007 »

Jay Saunders just left Maidstone Town.....knowledge of lower leagues and knows what it takes to get out of them. Has taken Maidstone from Isthmian League up to Confetence national.....surely worth a punt? Can't do a worse job than GO is already doing
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:37 southampton gull. Can you tell me how I have been ignored by TUFC? If I offer the club 2 players and they choose not to respond back to me that is their choice and their given right. I certainly am not bitter about that. Nor do I consider doing this is in any way, shape or form to be trying to make out myself as a ''management guru''. I certainly haven't been accused of that before and certainly wasn't when TUFC made £975,000 profit from the last time I dealt with them as a manager/owner.

As for coming on here and ''opening my trap'' as you so eloquently put it, if you are an administrator of this forum is there any need to write like that? Perhaps you should do a little research into the ''lower league Spanish club I am helping'', as you put it. Second Division. Average attendance 27500. Assistant Manager. Different level, my friend. I have always been interested in helping TUFC. I have no airs and graces. I have achieved far more in football than you know to be able to try and insult me as you have attempted. Sadly it is that approach that has led to TUFC being where it is today. So if you want to castigate the hierarchy at the club and GO remember to take a look at yourself first.

YOU ARE ONE BORING MAN WITH ONE ENOURMOUS EGO. Get over yourself and stop wasting your time on this forum
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

forevertufc wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 09:00 [highlight=yellow]How come I've neevr found one [/highlight]:) Oh glad to see you still posting.
well Dave, I do find it quite surprising that you haven't - given the size of your hector schnecter......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

stefano wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 09:37 Glad I was out yesterday evening. 4 pages of absolute drivel interspersed with sensible posts from brucie, lambadaboss, and merse who then got attacked for being.....well sensible! :}
Stick to rugby 😉

As long as you're happy that the fans have the club they deserve. That's what Lambada is saying. The one thing that pisses me off is that kind of blanket condemnation. Some of us can't bring ourselves to bugger off and watch rugby, this is personal to all of us.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 10:12 Stick to rugby 😉

As long as you're happy that the fans have the club they deserve. That's what Lambada is saying. The one thing that pisses me off is that kind of blanket condemnation. Some of us can't bring ourselves to bugger off and watch rugby, [highlight=yellow]this is personal to all of us[/highlight].
it certainly is Dave - and its making my p*ss boil more with every day with these idiots in charge.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

lambadaboss wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 00:00 No problem. I can see you are happy being how you are. Remember though, that approach of decrying down those who genuinely want to help will get you nowhere. Feel free to show ignorance those who wish to insult me. I laugh when I read that I found/ recognised a couple of players. Why not have a word with David Thomas from the Herald? He knows my career stats from his research. I have worked as a coach at Boca Jrs in Argentina. At Puntarenas in Costa Rica. At Miami Freedom in USA. As National Coach of Barbados with 27 matches played, 18 wins, 4 draws and 5 defeats, including World Cup Qualifying wins over Costa Rica. As Owner/Manager/Coach of Lambada FC. At Cartagena in Spain. Players I have developed at these clubs have been transferred for a total figure in excess of £17 million. Two of them came to TUFC and were then transferred for £975,000. I have also turned down a 3 year contract to coach Egyptian top club Al Ahly.

To SMW89 I suggest you do your research before accusing me of playing silly games and making things up.

To Southampton Gull, what level of football do you have on your CV that you are speaking to me as an authority?

I do not have to prove anything about myself. So why the insults?

You can’t be that famous.... cant even find you on Wikipedia, even Gary Owers has his own Wiki page!! Says it all 😂😂
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 22:41 tomogull, point taken and I respect your insight. However, I perhaps have a better idea of what is going on at TUFC than you may think, despite my being in Spain. Regarding GO, I have stated that I do not think he is the right man to get TUFC out of their current predicament, but the problems lie not solely with him but with the hierarchy of the club. In the last 15 months I have offered 2 strikers to TUFC for zero £, exactly the same situation as was the case when I dealt with Don O'Riordan back in the mid 1990s. I never even received the courtesy of a reply!

Believe me I am not saying that GO should remain blameless but many times the person holding the position of Manager or Head Coach at a professional club simply has his hands tied with regard to wanting to sign or play players that he prefers. Yes, GO has lost the dressing room clearly and the situation for him has become untenable. But again, don't shoot the messenger. Look at those above him for the real blame.
I fully agree with all you post. The root of the rot that has set in at TUFC is a property development owner who by his own admission has no interest in football and never attends matches. If the players recommended to the club were even half as good as Rodney Jack and Gregory Goodrich, they would be better than anything currenty at the club. In my view, it fully reflects where the club is that you never even received a reply, and the same goes for Paul Sturrock's offer of help being totally ignored. Thereby lies the difference - Mike Bateson didn't ignore you, Clarke Osborne/Geoff Harrop did.

What I think has upset Forum members is your assertion that 'the fans have got the club they deserve'. This is unfair. This is our fifth season of failure and up until now, fans have been very supportive of the club - even last season when it was obvious well before the end of the season that we were going down. This season has been the final straw and many fans have become angry, with a few hotheads letting their anger go too far. Anyway, thanks for the memories of light years ago when we were able to look forward each week to watching Rodney and Gregory, and not forgetting the ££££s both players earned the club, not only in transfer fees but also in increased gate revenue. :-D
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

merse btpir wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 23:25 Just to interject here; people are making fools of themselves tonight with their ignorance about lambadaboss ~ he is Kevin Millard who provided Torquay United with Gregory Goodrich and Rodney Jack.

He does know what he is talking about and he deserves respect for that and not the asinine lack of it by people trying to defend what went on yesterday.

You're wasting your time on here Kevin; they wouldn't know a football manager if they woke up in bed with one! I think the last time your name popped up on here the thread descended into: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8809
Not often I agree with Merse. Must be a case of 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' ...... !!
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I havnt read all the posts as I got bored. But I think what was meant was that if you go to matches and support the club, you are actually supporting CO and his objectives. I think that is a reasonable observation. He might have said it a bit harshly but come on guys don't be so blimmin sensitive. Ive had loads of flack on here, probably get more, but who cares, I don't!

I still believe I'm in a minority and will now and again come on here and air my views which are controversial but I believe the ONLY way forward!
TUST MEMBER
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

I can't let it go, I've seen it twice now;

It's Gregory Goodridge.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by tomogull »

Parkys People wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 23:08 I can't let it go, I've seen it twice now;

It's Gregory Goodridge.
Oops! Yes, you're right - well spotted. My mistake :Oops:
P.S. Just noticed that the other poster who got it wrong was none other than Merse. So I'm in good company, then ...... !!!??? :whistle: