Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Shameful and disgraceful to throw coffee at someone. Underclass behaviour; the sub-human should be named and shamed.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

I`ll bet Owers secretly is loving "Coffeegate" cos it deflects attention from the inept performance on the field. Yes its inexcusable but its done lets move on. Surely of greater concern is that our 4 strikers, Williams, Reid, Wright and Keating dont know where the opposition net is. We shouldnt be that surprised, a brief look at Wikipedia will reveal that combined they`ve managed to score 122 career goals in 576 senior appearances. By my rough and ready maths one of them is due to score a solitary goal next game.
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Launceston Gull wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 17:43 I`ll bet Owers secretly is loving "Coffeegate" cos it deflects attention from the inept performance on the field. Yes its inexcusable but its done lets move on. Surely of greater concern is that our 4 strikers, Williams, Reid, Wright and Keating dont know where the opposition net is. We shouldnt be that surprised, a brief look at Wikipedia will reveal that combined they`ve managed to score 122 career goals in 576 senior appearances. By my rough and ready maths one of them is due to score a solitary goal next game.
Williams is more than capable of scoring regularly at the level above this. He's clearly suffering from confidence issues and the woeful current management of the team. If he scores a couple he'll be fine for the rest of the season, whether he'll get those opportunities under Ower's woeful tactical set up and management is another issue.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

SenorDingDong wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 18:47 Williams is more than capable of scoring regularly at the level above this. He's clearly suffering from confidence issues and the woeful current management of the team. If he scores a couple he'll be fine for the rest of the season, whether he'll get those opportunities under Ower's woeful tactical set up and management is another issue.
What convinces you that Williams is capable of scoring regularly at the level above? He averages around one in four during his career, and if you take out his two good years at Aldershot it drops to worse than one in five.

At no point in his spells here has he looked like being prolific.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Ronaldo would struggle to score playing in our shit side 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

leetufc wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 20:42 What convinces you that Williams is capable of scoring regularly at the level above? He averages around one in four during his career, and if you take out his two good years at Aldershot it drops to worse than one in five.

At no point in his spells here has he looked like being prolific.
Except for you know scoring 11 in his only full season here when he wasn't even regularly started by Nicho aside from the last 15/16 games...
lambadaboss
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lambadaboss »

Have just read the reports etc of TUFC match yesterday v Gloucester and can only say in my opinion the person who threw coffee in the manager's face should be identified and banned from all football grounds for life plus criminal charges should be brought against him. Any people on this forum who condone this sort of behaviour are simply despicable and should be punished accordingly. As is usually the case it is almost certainly a handful of morons who are tarnishing the name of the club and those who support the team. In these days when there is a growing move to throwing liquids such as acid in people's faces the severity of punishment should reflect the deed.

For Gods sake Gary Ower is trying to do his job. What has he done to deserve some of the insults he is getting and having hot liquid thrown over him by a supposed ''TUFC'' supporter? If this sort of behaviour continues then TUFC as a club will get everything it deserves. I remember when it used to be a family club. Not anymore.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

lambadaboss wrote: 28 Aug 2018, 21:28
Any people on this forum who condone this sort of behaviour are simply despicable and should be punished accordingly
Just for that I'm going to condone it and see how you reckon I should be punished ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I'm going to come around your house and smack your botty, you naughty boy :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Swatcat
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Paul Gibbs

Post by Swatcat »

Wivelgull/Lambada etc - good posts -spot on IMO.
Suggestions are that it was cold tea but evenso, it's a criminal assault.

Are there likely to be any 'repercussions' for the Club - from the FA or whoever ?
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Re- the flare incidents. I think Truro City were fined a few years ago for their supporters throwing flares in this division.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

I know Hereford have had frequent similar things happen at games during their rise through the leagues. Flares, smoke bombs, random items thrown onto the pitch, pitch encroachment, fans fighting, fans trying to fight opposition players, stadium damage etc etc.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Shameful it was, (flares and the rest) but a 'storm in a teacup' in all honesty. Couldn't resist that. Mr Owers deserves our respect, however, he is doing his best, it is the players that have failed to come up with the goods on the goals front. Here's hoping that a target man or two joins the squad in the near future. Get behind the boys on Saturday. A couple of wins, and the performances against Oxford City & Hampton will soon be forgotten.
Chester, Stockport, Southport & Workington (all ex-league) are in the same boat (worse actually). Best defence in non-league, (us) that's a start....!!!! I am just trying to be positive, I have witnessed the recent dire performances, but we must move on and get behind the lads. Boos and the rest of the negativity will NOT help.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 11:09 I know Hereford have had frequent similar things happen at games during their rise through the leagues. Flares, smoke bombs, random items thrown onto the pitch, pitch encroachment, fans fighting, fans trying to fight opposition players, stadium damage etc etc.
I think there was an issue at Bideford in the last season or two involving Hereford FC, Big non league clubs thinking they have a right to bully their country cousins supporters because they have a bigger fan base.
Childish & immature , just like the twats who through the flares on monday.
What were the parents thinking when they purchased them for their little dahlings ?
Because obviously looking at the pictures in the press of the flares on the pitch, not one of the little scrotes in that vicinity is, or appears to be over 12 ! And surely would be told to feck off when trying to buy one.
There is an enormous amount wrong with our club at this present time, we don't need the moronic flare throwing leeches attaching themselves to the good name of TUFC.
Last edited by Teigngull on 29 Aug 2018, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

I try to remain positive and the clean sheets are a plus, but it is more a reflection on the poor forwards we are up against than tightness on our part. Essuman looked well off the pace and we need niate back asap to provide some leadership. Nabi limped past us in the 2nd half so presume he will be out for a while. Gloucester should have had 3 in all honesty.
On coffeegate I was about behind the goal.line and saw quite a lot of liquid certainly must have been more than a mouthful.