Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Burnhamgull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:30 Despite the lame performances, despite the lack of goals, despite the clearly apparent piss take from the owner and the lack of ability of the manager..................how many will still turn up at the next home game?

I still think 1400-1600 will be there paying and clapping at the end.

To those who threw the beer, I say well done. To anybody who threw some abuse towards Owers, I say well done. To all those who would like to sit down and have a rational discussion with the owner and his management team, I say good luck to you but you're being laughed at.
Surely you don’t mean that. Be angry by all means, tell him what you think, but throwing beer? Come on, that is juvenile and demeaning, as well as potentially criminal.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

No excuse for throwing anything over the manager or setting of flares - hope those responsible are banned
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Headlines:
Match Report: nothing to report
Incident: Football fan fined for wasting good beer on a moron
Drama: SOS distress flares seen over Evesham as the good ship Torquay sinks without trace
Sighting: reports of a UFO over Evesham - NASA satellite images shows it to be a Asa Hall hoof-ball returning to the field of play.
Reward: Gloucester Chairman announces £5 bonus on top of his players £50 match fee for making Torquay look like a pub team.
Charged Torquay manager charged by FA allegedly, for use of foul language against his players in a family friendly ground.
Missing Person - Police are looking for a madman who claims to want to build a 40 million pound stadium for a Pub Team in Torquay. Public are being advised to keep their distance if they see him.
TUST_Member_Rob

Burnhamgull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:30 Despite the lame performances, despite the lack of goals, despite the clearly apparent piss take from the owner and the lack of ability of the manager..................how many will still turn up at the next home game?

I still think 1400-1600 will be there paying and clapping at the end.

To those who threw the beer, I say well done. To anybody who threw some abuse towards Owers, I say well done. To all those who would like to sit down and have a rational discussion with the owner and his management team, I say good luck to you but you're being laughed at.
Idiot.
york_gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by york_gull »

No clear game plan, no drive or determination, no end product. The frustration of watching their pint sized keeper collect every throw or cross was unbearable.

Owners must go, the atmosphere was toxic today, and that showed at the end the way fans were confronting him. We need someone to get behind and that for sure isn't him. I just fear the shortlist of applicants would be very slim....
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:57 Idiot.
Your words hurt me.....perhaps we can sit down and discuss it nicely over a cup of tea. I'll sit down, smile nicely and then walk away inwardly laughing at how you feel content with the discussion we've had.

Isn't this how Osborne has dealt with the Trust?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

york_gull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 19:08 No clear game plan, no drive or determination, no end product. The frustration of watching their pint sized keeper collect every throw or cross was unbearable.

Owners must go, the atmosphere was toxic today, and that showed at the end the way fans were confronting him. We need someone to get behind and that for sure isn't him. I just fear the shortlist of applicants would be very slim....
I disagree, I think the list of applicants would be long............but the quality would be slim.

Let's face it, anyone new coming in can only do better. They get the immediate support of a dwindling fanbase, a couple of decent performances and suddenly everybody is back onboard.

It's all about whether Osborne is happy with the current situation. I fear he is.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

brucie wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:50 Burnhamgull - Are you seriously condoning criminal conduct. Throwing a substance over a person in that manner is an offence contrary to Section 4 of the Public Order Act.

Whatever your opinion of the manager there is no justification in that sort of behaviour. No wonder the club is in such a state with twats like you making postings like that.
Technically it is more a Common Assault Brucie but let’s not split hairs. I completely agree that the last thing we need is mindless twats further sullying our already tarnished image ....they should be banned for these actions.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Having beer thrown in your face would be unpleasant and out of order but it was in fact a cup of hot coffee. So not just unpleasant but also pretty dangerous.

Can you imagine having a scalding liquid thrown in your face just because you may not be very good at your job? Given the recent spate of acid attacks I imagine it would be pretty scary as well as painful.

Totally out of order and I can't see how anyone can condone this type of behaviour.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Caroline648 wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:33 Not quite, but we were pissed off as that was the second time he'd done it. He went off to do a poor job at Forest Gump.
But, despite the embarrassment of losing at Plainmoor, (oh,and nice of your fans to spit on our manager)we are doing OK for a team of piss heads picked at the pub car park on a Saturday morning to play in a pub league.
Keep faith in GO. I'm sure he will take you to where you deserve to be.
Agree with your last sentence. Caroline468
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Good one Caroline! We deserve it- but maybe not him.
TUST_Member_Rob

Burnhamgull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 19:12 Your words hurt me.....perhaps we can sit down and discuss it nicely over a cup of tea. I'll sit down, smile nicely and then walk away inwardly laughing at how you feel content with the discussion we've had.

Isn't this how Osborne has dealt with the Trust?
Oh dear your minimal brain cells would make that conversation tricky.

Those actions cannot be defended.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

brucie wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:50 Burnhamgull - Are you seriously condoning criminal conduct. Throwing a substance over a person in that manner is an offence contrary to Section 4 of the Public Order Act.

Whatever your opinion of the manager there is no justification in that sort of behaviour. No wonder the club is in such a state with twats like you making postings like that.
You're absolutely right. criminal acts should not be tolerated but it's interesting how much the fans tolerate the shambles at Plainmoor.

We should all unite behind Owers. It's like he said, the tide must turn soon so lets all turn up at Plainmoor and give Reid and co our complete support for 90+ minutes.

Hurrah!

Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 19:33 Oh dear your minimal brain cells would make that conversation tricky.

Those actions cannot be defended.
:}

york_gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by york_gull »

Burnhamgull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 19:33 You're absolutely right. criminal acts should not be tolerated but it's interesting how much the fans tolerate the shambles at Plainmoor.

We should all unite behind Owers. It's like he said, the tide must turn soon so lets all turn up at Plainmoor and give Reid and co our complete support for 90+ minutes.

Hurrah!
I honestly can't see where the next goal is coming from :'(