Gloucester City v Torquay United 27/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Cant believe Mrs SNW and I are going to waste 4 1/2hrs each way in the car next week to watch that.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

What manager would want to come to Torquay after abusing Garry Owers. :red:
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:44 If Osborne doesn’t ditch Owers soon then we are finished. The longer this goes on then Osborne clearly means us to fail. Owers has proved to be yet one more disastrous manager at a club that looks to be at death’s door, a sickness that has grown over recent years, due to utterly incompetent management at Board level. Decent fans (most of us, although we appear to have been let down by a couple of morons today) don’t deserve this. I didn’t go today, I can’t do this to myself much longer.
Unfortunately it's becoming even more obvious than last season that Osborne is squeezing the life blood out of the club and its supporters leading to a gradual death,sad to the extreme that such a person got his hands on the club and bit by bit strangling it
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

On a positive note.
Our on loan striker has scored 3 goals this season, equalling the whole of TUFC’s squad put together!

Silver linings 😉
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
stratfordgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Bobby O...oh no

Post by stratfordgull »

Wow that was poor. On the pitch there was nothing to see...off the pitch we had flares behind the goal by some kind of boy band, then beer thrown over Owers because he didn't clap\acknowledge the supporters. It's a painful old death and we're paying to see it.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

stratfordgull wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:57 Wow that was poor. On the pitch there was nothing to see...off the pitch we had flares behind the goal by some kind of boy band, then beer thrown over Owers because he didn't clap\acknowledge the supporters. It's a painful old death and we're paying to see it.
:clap: :rofl:

classic :bow:

They must be the new kids on the block then at TUFC away games. Did the lad who chucked the ale shout "TAKE THAT!".

Sadly there's only one direction TUFC are going under twatface Osborne.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Yorkieandy wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 17:34 Owers took the club down and keeps his job despite it looking like another relegation battle ...
I have to correct you - Owers did not keep his job - last week he got promoted from Head Coach to Club Manager. Now he is charge of all football matters - and what a jolly good job he is doing. - Well worth the pay rise he is getting!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Owers has been promoted since joining TUFC on September 13th 2017 having a record of 45 games in charge with 12 wins!

TWATS!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Despite the lame performances, despite the lack of goals, despite the clearly apparent piss take from the owner and the lack of ability of the manager..................how many will still turn up at the next home game?

I still think 1400-1600 will be there paying and clapping at the end.

To those who threw the beer, I say well done. To anybody who threw some abuse towards Owers, I say well done. To all those who would like to sit down and have a rational discussion with the owner and his management team, I say good luck to you but you're being laughed at.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Apparently it was coffee thrown and not beer. Semantics i know but pathetic all the same.
Caroline648
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Kenny Allen

Post by Caroline648 »

Scott Brehaut wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 16:25 I bet the Bath City fans pissed themselves when Owers left to join us.
Not quite, but we were pissed off as that was the second time he'd done it. He went off to do a poor job at Forest Gump.
But, despite the embarrassment of losing at Plainmoor, (oh,and nice of your fans to spit on our manager)we are doing OK for a team of piss heads picked at the pub car park on a Saturday morning to play in a pub league.
Keep faith in GO. I'm sure he will take you to where you deserve to be.
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Caroline648 wrote: 27 Aug 2018, 18:33 Not quite, but we were pissed off as that was the second time he'd done it. He went off to do a poor job at Forest Gump.
But, despite the embarrassment of losing at Plainmoor, (oh,and nice of your fans to spit on our manager)we are doing OK for a team of piss heads picked at the pub car park on a Saturday morning to play in a pub league.
Keep faith in GO. I'm sure he will take you to where you deserve to be.
Bit unnecessary. Most of us acknowledged that Bath were the better side. If “fans” spat at the Bath Manager then that is disgraceful, but please acknowledge that this was a few knuckle draggers, most Gulls fans are decent people. We also aren’t the arrogant lot you hint at, we know we have fallen from grace and deserve it because of appalling mismanagement for several years by several people who should hold their heads in shame. I wish Bath well, they looked a decent side to me, unlike our badly managed bunch. And thanks for Owers, you can have him back any time.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

3-5-2 to 4-4-2 but in the end it didnt matter. We huffed and puffed and no doubt about it, they all put a shift in and worked hard but we lack any creativity or gameplan - I cant decide or both perhaps. Its not so much the strikers are not scoring its the fact we create so little that we simply have to put the 1 or 2 chances away that come along. Players at this level are also not good enough, they need 3 or 4 chances to take 1. We created 1 maybe 2 clear chances.
Enjoyed the afternoon though, stood by the dugout listening to owers instructions that made you think what they do all week in this full time outfit. Telling Bawling to push on, stay wide in his wing back role (which he looked liked he never played before ) because otherwise wed be playing 5-3-2, and George to stay middle at an attacking free kick that sailed over everyones head to the far post and being questioned by Dickson 'we also need somebody round the back' who subsequently turned away with his arms outstretched smiling. As if to say 'dyou know what your doing'

Oh for a big lump of a target man!

Good strong showing by the yellow army albeit muted in anything to cheer about. Shame on the schoolboys with the flares. Muppets!
TUST #324
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Burnhamgull - Are you seriously condoning criminal conduct. Throwing a substance over a person in that manner is an offence contrary to Section 4 of the Public Order Act.

Whatever your opinion of the manager there is no justification in that sort of behaviour. No wonder the club is in such a state with twats like you making postings like that.
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Full Detailed Match Report

Went, not going again.