Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 07:03 Completely agree notnow :goodpost:
They won't get him back clearly, but they know they made a mistake getting rid, hind site and all that, I know I know it's all old ground that's been argued over and over, but for FS, he did get some fair players that gelled on the most part and certainly when it mattered, on the whole, he also was skilled at getting them to play for him the way he wanted. right now we are **** make no mistake, owers is praying for the axe to fall, the sooner the better. that's why I say get Nicho back, sadly he would probably put two fingers up at the board I wouldn't **** blame him. He's too **** good for this club now anyway, My knowledge of football management is very limited at best but I reckon I'm overqualified based on our league position.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Anyone on here who runs a kids sunday league team couldn't do any worse than Owers with the squad he has and the many benefits his team enjoy over other part time amateur clubs in the NLS.

Maybe the club should run an innovative competition?

Fans put their name into a hat to manage the team for 5 games and whoever gets pulled out does so and if they do better than Owers (which is highly likely) then they can have the job for the rest of the season and Owers gets to go where he deserves to be. Signing on.

I also read recently that Paul Sturrock has gone back to Bonnie Scotland to scout for Dundee United. He did offer the club advice and the club ignored / refused his free help. What a total collection of belmers we have running TUFC. :red:
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

Nicho, too good for our club, and he would give Osborne two fingers if tufc came to him cap in hand.
Get a reality check please, obviously there has been a queue a mile long looking for his services since he was sacked.
I think he would jump at the opportunity to come back and this time he would have "won the lottery".
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

I agree porky Nicholson loves this club,not the best manager we have ever had but it's obvious that owers has lost the dressing room after that display yesterday.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Porky wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 13:27 Nicho, too good for our club, and he would give Osborne two fingers if tufc came to him cap in hand.
Get a reality check please, obviously there has been a queue a mile long looking for his services since he was sacked.
I think he would jump at the opportunity to come back and this time he would have "won the lottery".
I have no idea who has been offering him employment, I'm only guessing but you probably don't either! as said, he's too good for our shower of depressing clueless shite, none of them prepared to put up a fight, great job assembling them Owers! real quality son, do the honourable thing mate and chuck the towel in and save yourself some dignity.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

I can't believe owers has f***d it up so badly, he built a big strong squad, ideally suited to this league, and most on here expected williams to get a shed load at this level. I was in the give him 10 games camp but after yesterday he's got to go now. Gloucester/evesham tomorrow will be an interesting trip.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Come on let's not start the- will Nico return guff. He won't and we need someone who has previously been successful anyway. If there is a change of manager it will be because Osbourne or whoever in GI concludes they will lose even more money because Owers is inept. He will be replaced by somone equally non political. Nicholson got fired not because we were bottom of the table but because he had developed a liking for Plainmoor and his face didn't fit.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

Williams should have the captaincy taken away from him immediately and put him on the bench tomorrow,he's not captain material ever.
notnow
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by notnow »

Dazza wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 13:42 Come on let's not start the- will Nico return guff. He won't and we need someone who has previously been successful anyway. If there is a change of manager it will be because Osbourne or whoever in GI concludes they will lose even more money because Owers is inept. He will be replaced by somone equally non political. Nicholson got fired not because we were bottom of the table but because he had developed a liking for Plainmoor and his face didn't fit.
precisely, get him back in the driving seat now, regardless of the politics. If he did come back fair play to him, he would get the players to respond that's for sure, otherwise what? get some other chancer! take us down another league yeah, **** hopeless the lot of them, dreamers!
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

notnow wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 14:27 precisely, get him back in the [highlight=yellow]driving seat now[/highlight], regardless of the politics. If he did come back fair play to him, he would get the players to respond that's for sure, otherwise what? get some other chancer! take us down another league yeah, **** hopeless the lot of them, dreamers!
He's had enough of driving the bus :)
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Porky wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 13:39 I can't believe owers has f***d it up so badly, he built a big strong squad, ideally suited to this league...
It’s one thing to sign them but another to make them want to play for you.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

gullpower wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 14:36 It’s one thing to sign them but another to make them want to play for you.
They should want to play for themselves. Embarrassing set of players by and large.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Yorkieandy wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 14:46 They should want to play for themselves. Embarrassing set of players by and large.
They should want to play for themselves as individuals but play for him as a team.
Forest gull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Steve Cooper
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Forest gull »

Loads of decent managers out there. One must want a job surely? Gary Johnson would be a good shout.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Forest gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 15:02 Loads of decent managers out there. One must want a job surely? Gary Johnson would be a good shout.
Let’s hope that Harrop doesn’t make the same mistake again of sacking the manager without having another to step straight into the job. Maybe he’s been on the phone to Gary Johnson today 🤣