Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 08:08 While Owers is taking the flak Harrop is rubbing his hands together. He's the **** that appointed him, he's the **** that persisted with him when it became obvious to some of us that he wasn't the answer and he's the **** that will take over team affairs if Owers does go.

Harrop is to blame!!
:goodpost:
Surprised you stopped at ****. Surely Fat **** is more appropriate.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I didn't want to upset Plainmoor78, he doesn't like me calling Harrop Fatty ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Paignton_Gull42
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brett Williams

Post by Paignton_Gull42 »

I hope when we play Hemel Hempstead the 'WE WANT OWERS OUT' banners are there and the booing at owers is loud!
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Owers does have to go. But does everyone remember what happened last year when we got rid of Nicholson? We waited weeks for us to appoint this clown, so how many weeks are we going to have to wait for the next one? Believe me, there will be no rush for us to get a new manager if Owers does go.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Why would Osbourne sack Owers?

There is no reason for him to do so, none at all!
TUST MEMBER
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Of course there isn't. It'll be the same old excuses trotted out all season long while we slip further and further away from even the play-offs. Some will say give him time, he knows how to set a team up, he has experience blah blah. The simple truth is he's **** clueless. He might have been a top pro in his time but that's a whole world away from this shit league.
Dave

TUFC__12
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Connor Evans

Post by TUFC__12 »

Everyone make their ‘Owers out’ banners and sing the absolute loudest we ever have before !!
Paignton_Gull42
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Brett Williams

Post by Paignton_Gull42 »

Definitely making a banner! TUFC_12
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Southampton Gull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 08:08 While Owers is taking the flak Harrop is rubbing his hands together. He's the **** that appointed him, he's the **** that persisted with him when it became obvious to some of us that he wasn't the answer and he's the **** that will take over team affairs if Owers does go.

Harrop is to blame!!
I thought Harrop had chosen Graham Westley for the job but was over ruled by Osbourne. Owers was Osbourne's choice.
Why do I think that? It's what you posted at the time.
Road2League2
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: The Lemon

Post by Road2League2 »

Trained with Reidy as a young lad over at a Brazilian Futsal school when I was younger. Good local lad with the foundations of a good player, just isn’t performing under our useless manager. GO out.
ROAD TO LEAGUE 2 :keepie:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Road2League2 wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 11:33 Trained with Reidy as a young lad over at a Brazilian Futsal school when I was younger. Good local lad with the foundations of a good player, just isn’t performing under our useless manager. GO out.

Agreed, said last season his best position was through the middle, when he got a short spell in that position he scored 4 goals. For me, if you’re not good enough to get in the team, in your preferred, best position, then you’re not good enough to be in the team.
Formerly known as forevertufc
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Jamie Reid isn't the only one not performing under Owers. In fact I cant think of a single player since Owers took over who has improved. Many take a backward step.
Shouldn't we be developing players and making improvements??
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Plainmoor78 wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 10:56 I thought Harrop had chosen Graham Westley for the job but was over ruled by Osbourne. Owers was Osbourne's choice.
Why do I think that? It's what you posted at the time.
Westley ruled himself out with his requirements and Osborne did prefer the cheaper option in Owers but Harrop as Genera Manager is the one who identified him as a target so therefore is the one who appointed him.
Dave

Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

As for Owers. I don't know Harrop personally, but know him well enough by sight not to be afraid to approach the man, have your banners, however, if you want to protest against Owers, please not while the game is on. I would rather not hide behind a banner though, I will make my own feelings known to Harrop himself when I see him next, suggest we all do that, being direct works a lot better.

As said yesterday, enough is enough.
Formerly known as forevertufc
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Can't agree more. Protesting against the manager during the game will just hand any advantage to the opposition. Its about time Harrop took some flak though.