Torquay United v Hampton & Richmond 25/08/2018

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

The club is sinking fast due to the lack of management or motivational skills by the Captain unfortunately the ship seems to be the Titanic.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Thats one of the worst games i've ever seen at Plainmoor

Bass - Had nothing to do than pick the ball out the net twice

Davis - Cannot cross for toffee and his right foot might as well not exist

Cameron - Came out with some credit, has some composure and looks to drive forward when possible

Essuman - never looks comfortable on the ball, poor in the air for a big bloke too

Wynter - shocking game today, aimless lumps forwards and like Davis cannot cross to save his life

Hall - tried to play the ball around but theres no connection in the midfield

Nabi - did he even play? contributed nothing

Reid - Lively in the first half but 0 end product and an embarrassing 2nd half where he got rinsed by their LB

Banton - subbed at HT says it all really!

Williams - Pathetic excuse of a captain - as a lone striker in the first half was isolated however poor touches let him down over and over

__Subs

Keating - Actually tried, actually had a shot which hit the post. Brings energy no-one else has

Wright - overweight and not up to speed

Bawling - the brief minutes he was on didnt add anything

Go Owers for the love of god.
Nightrider
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney jack

Post by Nightrider »

forevertufc wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:42 Said I'd wait to 10-12 game mark to make my judgement, well forget it, times up. Same as last season, different set of players slow off the blocks, why can't Ower's seem to get any kind of first half performance out of any team he picks, everything he does from half time onwards, is reactionary, reacting to a problem, and it's not just the odd game, it's every game, so if your having manage like that in football, then you, the manager are the problem.

Because your man-management, training, tactics, team talks, are not working end of. movement off the ball non-existent, passing to slow, pressing the opposition not there, get into go shooting positions, no shot, players that look like they don't know what their job is and it goes on and on. The atmosphere has gone toxic already, the very early season team spirit looks like it's on the way out already, with players blaming each other.

Someone shouted at Dickson 'pass the ball' he turned and shouted back 'who to' and got booed for it, but he was spot on.

Harrop, and others from the club, I know you read the forums, and social media, enough is enough, this can NOT be allowed to continue, step and prove you really do care.

Just to add, I do nopt blame the players, saw more than enough in pre-season, and in the early games to know there's more than enough in there to do well at this level, but they have to be managed right, and thats clealry not happening.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:42 Heres a Reid lover

A shift? a shift of what?

Poor passing, crossing and shooting.

Had a few lively moments in the first half but dear me if you think he played well you need to be checked over!
Just like my MGB I'm too old for an MOT so I won't be booking a check over. Can I ask that you re-read what I wrote about Reid? I didn't suggest that he played well, I just noted his work rate.

Anyway, there are much much bigger issues to resolve than this one.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

We have not scored for 307 (three hundred and seven) minutes of football. OMG.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

On another topic, did anybody else witness Bass's reactions at the end of the first half? When he walked off he angrily lashed out and kicked the framing of the collapsible canvas tunnel as hard as he could.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

TUFC__12 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:23 Can’t believe I went to watch this shite. I’ve supported Torquay for many years and never has it been as bad as what I’ve just watched. Owers needs to go ASAP but he won’t cos Osborne loves him. [highlight=yellow]The players aren’t playing for him simple as that. Wrong formation.. wrong tactics.. wrong manager. It’s simple football really.. it’s not rocket science.......[/highlight]
#owersout#wewantowersout
Reads the game well, give the 12 year old the job. :-D :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

We have to realize we are just a very average team in a very average league! Just because we have good support good ground and were playing attractive LEAGUE footba!l a while back. It means nothing now. With this manager and owners we are odds on to become a very average NLS team. Maybe we should start celebrating our steady start and thanks owers for steering us to 15th after 6 games......
We might stay up this season
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Trojan 67 wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 17:55 Reads the game well, give the 12 year old the job. :-D :clap:
he couldn't do any worse....
might you Troj, that would be the same for most of the poor sods who have to watch from the Pop, Bristows or the Family Stands.... :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Minneapolisgull wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:01 We have to realize we are just a very average team in a very average league! Just because we have good support good ground and were playing attractive LEAGUE footba!l a while back. It means nothing now. With this manager and owners we are odds on to become [highlight=yellow]a very average NLS team[/highlight]. Maybe we should start celebrating our steady start and thanks owers for steering us to 15th after 6 games......
We might stay up this season
doesn't sound like we're even that good...... :-/
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

Why did I go, what a complete waste of time and money.

H&R were poor, VERY poor!!

Ive watched a fair bit of conference south in the past as I live n Basingstoke. Remember this, this is a relegation team, everything about it, no tactics, no urgency, no fight, no idea, and to me they dont look fit, bar Keating.

But Osbourne doesnt care, so why change anything
TUST MEMBER
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Noone can defend that. Is that 1 point in 3 games and we are in the bottom half of this league and we cannot score a bloody goal against anybody.

I appreciate that Niate and Sokolik would be first choice defenders but as things stand its difficult to see how things will improve. If we can't get around the top of this league then its time to pack up surely.

Very very depressed at the moment.

One point I would agree with is that making Williams captain does seem a completely bizarre decision.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

brucie wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:10 Noone can defend that. Is that 1 point in 3 games and we are in the bottom half of this league and we cannot score a bloody goal against anybody.

I appreciate that Niate and Sokolik would be first choice defenders but as things stand its difficult to see how things will improve. If we can't get around the top of this league then its time to pack up surely.

One point I would agree with is that making Williams captain does seem a completely bizarre decision.
No, shows how little you watch, Cameron has been our best defender and wouldnt be moved by either Niate or Sokolik
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Just home. To anybody lucky enough to have missed this farce, be in no doubt that we were pitiful, dreadful, disorganised, unable to even pass accurately, demoralised, second best and basically completely and utterly shite. Keating put in a decent shift for the second half and that is it. We were woeful, can’t even defend corners. If I were Owers I would be too ashamed to show my face in front of the fans again.

I left the ground more angry than I have ever been, and I have been furious many times over the years. What do these players do all week under Owers, spend the day at the bookies? Shapeless, inept and clueless. Hampton made us look like a poor amateur team’s reserve side.

Go today Owers, if you had any shame you would hand in your resignation now. I can only assume that this shit show is part of the grand plan. If Torquay United was an animal it would be put to sleep this evening.

I can stress how f’ing angry I am, I am bloody furious. Decent fans who have been pissed on by the shameful twats who manage this excuse for a team.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

brucie wrote: 25 Aug 2018, 18:10 Noone can defend that. Is that 1 point in 3 games and we are in the bottom half of this league and we cannot score a bloody goal against anybody.

Your critique left out the left out the primary problem - Owers! and the solution -Out!