Slough v Torquay United 18/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Haha. Leopards do change their spots...................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

brucie wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 22:43 Absolutely pointless sending me a personal message as I am not going to respond.

[highlight=yellow]If I want to engage with an arsehole I will talk to my own[/highlight]. I don't actually care whether Reid was shite or not, but saying his career is going down the pan - nice work.

I will say it again - this constant bullying of Reid is pathetic, and the hounding of the manager isn't much better. Presumably all supporters want the team to succeed although this doesn't appear to be the case on here.
That would make a pleasant change from you talking through it : Brucie the anal ventriloquist.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Arrywithnobrain wrote: 20 Aug 2018, 23:47 That would make a pleasant change from you talking through it : Brucie the anal ventriloquist.
The Kiddies Forum is alive and kicking ....... :red:
United62
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by United62 »

Oh Brucie, we all want the team to succeed, but if giving MY opinion of Reid's performance on Saturday upsets you so much just ignore my posts. It's a forum, to air opinions, yours differ from mine, that's life. Get over it.
''I was born under the Mini Stand....''
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Cos YOU’VE never bullied and hounded have you Brucie?
TUST member 200 ;-)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

tomogull: there was a drama last season with John Campbell (ex United and Jarrow Roofing); he lasted for three matches and then said that he didn't fancy the travelling and also that he found it difficult getting to training (which is at Billingham on Teesside) because the player he travelled with (Campbell can't drive) had been sacked by Whitby Town. But don't worry about this season; we should, I hope, do quite well, especially after paying out our record transfer fee (12,500 quid) for Dale Hopson, who is (at this level) an exceptional talent. A week on Monday we have our first ever league meeting with Scarborough (infamous at Plainmoor for the number of balls hoofed over the stand and, indeed, to this day a ball skied over the stand is still called 'doing a Scarborough'). Readers will also recall the fabulous Rodney Jack performance in the play-off second match against Scarborough some years ago (20, I think!). Perhaps yorkieandy might like to go to the August Bank Holiday Scarborough vs Whitby fixture. Meanwhile, tomogull, our first match against Buxton was, on the whole, satisfying and promising, with the defensive errors of last seasons seeming to have been ironed out.
brucie, don't worry - we stand together!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 10:28 tomogull: there was a drama last season with John Campbell (ex United and Jarrow Roofing); he lasted for three matches and then said that he didn't fancy the travelling and also that he found it difficult getting to training (which is at Billingham on Teesside) because the player he travelled with (Campbell can't drive) had been sacked by Whitby Town. But don't worry about this season; we should, I hope, do quite well, especially after paying out our record transfer fee (12,500 quid) for Dale Hopson, who is (at this level) an exceptional talent. A week on Monday we have our first ever league meeting with Scarborough (infamous at Plainmoor for the number of balls hoofed over the stand and, indeed, to this day a ball skied over the stand is still called 'doing a Scarborough'). Readers will also recall the fabulous Rodney Jack performance in the play-off second match against Scarborough some years ago (20, I think!). Perhaps yorkieandy might like to go to the August Bank Holiday Scarborough vs Whitby fixture. Meanwhile, tomogull, our first match against Buxton was, on the whole, satisfying and promising, with the defensive errors of last seasons seeming to have been ironed out.
brucie, don't worry - we stand together!
That's the lad - John Campbell. I couldn't remember his name. So he didn't last long with the Seasiders either then. Good to hear that you're feeling upbeat about Whitby's chances this season. I will watch out for their results. I've become a closet Seasiders fan! Ah yes - the Scarborough play off match. What a memorable night that was! Plainmoor packed and rocking. It's light years away from where we are now ........
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

John Campbell

Striker, born in Newcastle, joined Oxford United from Jarrow Roofing on 27th November 2014. Joined Torquay United on 17 February 2015 on loan until the end of the season.

^ Other clubs
Whitby Town, Newton Aycliffe, Newcastle United, Manchester City, Walker Central, Newcastle Benfield, Darlington, West Auckland Town, Jarrow Roofing