Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Like Keating said when he scored 2 goals “I’m a striker if I’m not scoring goals, I’m not doing my job right.” Same with Reid. Yes his confidence is their but he has to realise we’re fans, we pay money home and away least he could do after a game is clap with every player. It’s a sign of respect. Yes he doesn’t get much respect from the fans, he he doesn’t help himself
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 15:00 Like Keating said when he scored 2 goals “I’m a striker if I’m not scoring goals, I’m not doing my job right.” Same with Reid. Yes his confidence is their but he has to realise we’re fans, we pay money home and away least he could do after a game is clap with every player. It’s a sign of respect. Yes he doesn’t get much respect from the fans, he he doesn’t help himself

Is being called w=-=k==r, a c==t, a useless ****, being told to f-in do something, and so on, and on, and on, all game every game also a sign of repect, seroiusly not meaning offend here, but get over yourself. No body deserves that kind of abuse just for trying to do their job, not in any trade, profession, or at any level of work,at any time, ever.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

No co worker would last in their job for being shit, especially long as he has.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

No one should abuse any player for any reason. Abuse should not be tolerated.

These players have been chosen to play by a manager, it is the manager where your frustration should go, BUT NOT ABUSIVE.

Chanting for a manager to resign is ok in my book, abusing a manager with foul language is not ok.
TUST MEMBER
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Jerry wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 13:33 I think your memory is playing tricks on you here Tomo. We most definitely did play 3 centre halves under Hodges, Jon Gittens, Alex Watson and Jamie Robinson.
Oops Gerry - I should have checked before I posted, shouldn't I?? Rather shoots down my argument, doesn't it? 'Cept that Hodges side played with a tempo and team spirit (unless my memory is playing tricks again!) which last season and so far this season, we have not. I had forgotten Jamie Robinson which is unforgiveable 'cos he was a very good player. :Oops:
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

It doesn’t take more than 30 seconds for him to come clap the fans off after a game with the players does it? Come on now. All the other players do.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Porky wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 13:53 York's manager has gone after 5 games and they are lying 8th.....just saying!
and now York fans will think it's as easy as getting in another manager and up through the leagues they go. Hilarious. You'd have thought that after Wilcox, McNamara, Mills and now Gray in the space of about 3 years and still failing, they'd have realised that even Guardiola couldn't be successful at York when you've got a disinterested owner with ulterior motives.

As much as i think Owers needs sacking, it's worth bearing in mind that it's difficult for any manager to be successful when the culture behind the running of the club is one of secrecy and mystery.

That's why i'm really interested to see how Martin Allen gets on at Chesterfield. If anyone can ignore the behind the scenes chaos at a football club and just get the business done on the pitch then it's him. Chesterfield are still being run into the ground and Allen is gradually becoming aware of the scale of the problems he's been left with.

Chesterfield won't be going up and i can tell you that right now. Even with Guardiola.

The reason like York and Torquay is because the club is rotten from the inside out and not even the best managers in the world can achieve anything under these circumstances.

York have now started to build their new stadium and when it's all signed, sealed and delivered then McGill the owner will get all his money back and more from the prime land sale on the old Bootham Crescent site which is earmarked for houses and hotels due to it's city centre location. This is why he's stuck it as long as he has and continued to keep the club running at a loss and why he tried and failed to get the York City supporters trust to relinquish their small stake in the club so he would have complete control.

Wtf is it with football clubs and housing developments?!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 16:17 It doesn’t take more than 30 seconds for him to come clap the fans off after a game with the players does it? Come on now. All the other players do.

I’m really not trying to get at you. There's a world of difference between constructive criticism and dogs abuse, most of the team make a mistake, you get a few groans followed by, applause shouts of 'unlucky' 'keep going' 'nice try' Reid makes a mistake, he gets boo, you’re a C, you’re a W, fork off.

So I repeat, why he should clap the very same people who treat like a piece of shit, on their shoes.
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Yorkieandy wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 16:18 and now York fans will think it's as easy as getting in another manager and up through the leagues they go. Hilarious. You'd have thought that after Wilcox, McNamara, Mills and now Gray in the space of about 3 years and still failing, they'd have realised that even Guardiola couldn't be successful at York when you've got a disinterested owner with ulterior motives.

As much as i think Owers needs sacking, it's worth bearing in mind that it's difficult for any manager to be successful when the culture behind the running of the club is one of secrecy and mystery.

That's why i'm really interested to see how Martin Allen gets on at Chesterfield. If anyone can ignore the behind the scenes chaos at a football club and just get the business done on the pitch then it's him. Chesterfield are still being run into the ground and Allen is gradually becoming aware of the scale of the problems he's been left with.

Chesterfield won't be going up and i can tell you that right now. Even with Guardiola.

The reason like York and Torquay is because the club is rotten from the inside out and not even the best managers in the world can achieve anything under these circumstances.

York have now started to build their new stadium and when it's all signed, sealed and delivered then McGill the owner will get all his money back and more from the prime land sale on the old Bootham Crescent site which is earmarked for houses and hotels due to it's city centre location. This is why he's stuck it as long as he has and continued to keep the club running at a loss and why he tried and failed to get the York City supporters trust to relinquish their small stake in the club so he would have complete control.

Wtf is it with football clubs and housing developments?!!
Oh well York have parted company with Martin Gary tonight.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Martin Gray.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I stated on the forum for supporters not to abuse Reid and lets give him a chance ,a fresh start. I cannot understand why he is not at Truro as he has not got a first touch and offers very little to the team. Garry Owers should be able to see this as he is the one that picks him for his pace but it's not enough.

As far as not going to the crowd he needs to be fined he won't walk off the pitch with out going to the crowd then.

Substitutes should warm up at half time and be organised there is a lack of discipline in the squad as a few players don't warm up and chat to the opposition which is a no no during the game. The substitutes need to be trusted to warm up and have no distractions with children playing ball with them, this is a professional club!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

arcadia wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 20:22 I stated on the forum for supporters not to abuse Reid and lets give him a chance ,a fresh start. I cannot understand why he is not at Truro as he has not got a first touch and offers very little to the team. Garry Owers should be able to see this as he is the one that picks him for his pace but it's not enough.

As far as not going to the crowd he needs to be fined he won't walk off the pitch with out going to the crowd then.

Substitutes should warm up at half time and be organised there is a lack of discipline in the squad as a few players don't warm up and chat to the opposition which is a no no during the game. The substitutes need to be trusted to warm up and have no distractions with children playing ball with them, this is a professional club!
The subs warmed up fine yesterday even McDonald had the goalkeeping coach with him putting him through his paces.
There's too many posters finding faults when thee are none.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 16:17 It doesn’t take more than 30 seconds for him to come clap the fans off after a game with the players does it? Come on now. All the other players do.
If you were in Reid's position, what would you do? Be honest with yourself. Would you really come over to clap and get more abuse from the 'fans' or would you do as he has done and get down the tunnel? I think I know the answer to that one don't you??
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

This continual witch hunt is totally ridiculous . How can this guy ever hit any form while people are on his back in such a way. Successive demotions are really tough to bear but some people are acting like brainless morons. Give Reid a break he might just find some form that is of value to the team. Hounding in the way some so called supporters are doing caNt possibly help anyone.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

SWgull wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 21:28 If you were in Reid's position, what would you do? Be honest with yourself. Would you really come over to clap and get more abuse from the 'fans' or would you do as he has done and get down the tunnel? I think I know the answer to that one don't you??
Jamie Reid got no verbal abuse yesterday, that I heard.

Sure there were groans when he missed his sitter second half, but no verbal abuse.

Even a few chorus' of "Reidy" was heard from behind the goal.

I personally don't feel the management or players owe the fans a wave/applause etc at the games end. But common courtesy would lead you to feel somewhat obliged to show some gratification for turning up, surely.