Mr Owers steps down

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

I don't think that many pub teams would last five minutes in this league................
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

Dutchgull wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 20:26 I don't think that many pub teams would last five minutes in this league................
Too strong?
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

I’ll be honest I think all the teams we’ve played have been poor, if we had a natural goal scorer we would be fighting for top of the league. The amount of chances teams have had against us and bottled it is unreal. The skill level is not even close. Get a striker in and we’d start bouncing. If we had any good teams we would have conceded more than one goal. Teams have had proper good chances on goal.
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Kingsgull83 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 20:07 His interview post math said it all, proud of the fact we have only conceded 1 in 5 games. We are playing in a pub league with a full time team. If that is the height of his expectations we are ****
I guess you are feeling as frustrated as us all Kingsgull but to call NLS a pub league is ridiculous and I hope said tongue in cheek. We will have to work very hard to get out of this division and the level of experience and organisation of most teams in NLS will mean this season will be a tough one for us. Having said that we should be winning many more than we are losing and challenging at the top end of the table. But please don't disrespect the division by referring to it as pub league. You just make yourself sound stupid.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Same on our side too, we’ve had so many chances but have not scored, but we’re stronger and fitter.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

The fact of the matter is that the forwards from last season who couldn't score are still with us this season and low and behold still can't score. That's the issue. Unless things change soon, our season will be reliant on reaching the playoffs at best. At least Owers acknowledged that in his post match brief, but we knew that anyway. So unless we improve either through a signing or formation asap Owers has to go.
Lucy
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

The fact is the 2 positive strikers from last season were the 2 loans who didn’t stay with us in Rhys Healey and Romain. I for one for this league would be piss way for Brett and he’d do well. I was in fact wrong. Seems like everyone marks Brett compared to the other strikers. I hope he comes good but I think taking captain off of him would help that.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 20:42 The fact is the 2 positive strikers from last season were the 2 loans who didn’t stay with us in Rhys Healey and Romain. I for one for this league would be piss way for Brett and he’d do well. I was in fact wrong. Seems like everyone marks Brett compared to the other strikers. I hope he comes good but I think taking captain off of him would help that.
That makes sense, few teams make their striker captain.
Lucy
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Also wish Brett would focus more on the pitch then moaning to the officials. Seems to be on going game after game.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Like it or not Owers is in charge and he's going nowhere. He has a decent squad. He's sorted out the defensive problems of the last few seasons and, by his own admission, he's focusing on the attacking side.
For goodness sake give the guy the dignity to put his plans into place. How many on here went today and saw with their own eyes?
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

nickbrod wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 22:36 Like it or not Owers is in charge and he's going nowhere. He has a decent squad. He's sorted out the defensive problems of the last few seasons and, by his own admission, [highlight=yellow]he's focusing on the attacking side.
For goodness sake give the guy the dignity to put his plans into place[/highlight]. How many on here went today and saw with their own eyes?
he didn't sound that he was focusing on the attacking side after the game.....
I'll have the good/mis fortune to witness it for myself on 1st September.....
I'm hoping hes "got his plans in place" by then.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Jesus Christ I used to think the label "kiddies site" was harsh but it's all in full bloody swing tonight isn't it?

Judging by the time of the posts half of the commentators weren't even at the game.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

There are some quite frankly ludicrous comments on her. I mean we have conceded one goal in five games which in my book is pretty impressive making us a solid side. Some of Owers signings are looking pretty good to me.

I notice that some fool was whinging on about Owers replacing the goalkeeper today - well the replacement saved a penalty and kept a clean sheet.

Well done to him and congratulations to Mr Owers on shoring up last seasons pathetic defence. We all know that we need to score more goals but some of the comments on here as well as drunken buffoons berating poor Mr Owers. Absolutely disgraceful behavior and Mr Owers has done nothing to deserve being on the end of such abhorrent behaviour.

Scott Brehaut has never seen a game of football in his life and couldn't lace Mr Owers boots on his knowledge of the game so he would be far better off keeping his big trap shut.

Lets get behind the teams which s going ok at the moment in my view. New season, new team but one which is showing some potential.

For goodness sake get behind them manager - Nicholson has gone - get over it.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

DevonYellow wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 23:05 Jesus Christ I used to think the label "kiddies site" was harsh but it's all in full bloody swing tonight isn't it?

Judging by the time of the posts half of the commentators weren't even at the game.
So no away goals all season and another 0-0 today is acceptable to you is it??

And whoever said he has sorted out the defence is wrong. We are just playing against teams who can't take their chances.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

nickbrod wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 22:36 Like it or not Owers is in charge and he's going nowhere. He has a decent squad. He's sorted out the defensive problems of the last few seasons and, by his own admission, he's focusing on the attacking side.
For goodness sake give the guy the dignity to put his plans into place. How many on here went today and saw with their own eyes?
I did! And you would not be defending him if you saw what was dished up as football under his 5-3-2 addiction.