Assistant manager?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

__quiet__gull wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 22:08 =D :lol:
Well it seems I might have to concede to being wrong on this one .... but still no confirmation either way as things stand!

I’m pretty certain that he wouldn’t have been first choice - indeed even Dave Thomas went on record as saying someone else had been approached, but had turned the job down.

Owers met with Osborne to discuss what sort of “package” might be available to offer any potential new incumbent... and maybe following that, they have decided to move in a different direction and stick with an “in house” option - and potentially a “cheap” one at that given that there would be no need to relocate.
Busterjames
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Busterjames »

sgf wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 22:18 If you don't know who they are how do you know is it's a shambles ?? Just another twattish comment from someone trying to spread negativity.

"The fat kid" warming up had no relevance to the game, which maintained our unbeaten start, without conceding a goal.

Behave yourself. If you think after 3games we’ve cracked it you have no idea.
If they are involved then the Club should explain who they are and as a paying customer I have a right to know what they are achieving.

Nice description of the poor lad though. You're the shambles.
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

As a paying customer you have right to know what they are achieving? Get over yourself. I am a paying customer of Tesco, does that give me the right to ask who everyone is and what they are doing? If I don't like Tesco I can go somewhere else. If you were a paying customer of the company I work for and you asked to know who a member of my team was or what they were achieving I would politely (at first) decline.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Although I am very sceptical of the current regime I do think the anger directed at the current coaches on this thread is misplaced and wholly unfair. Why would we have the right to know the names and roles of all TUFC staff? I am sure the club are not hiding it!
Picking on a person and labelling them 'fat' with no knowledge of them is also (in my view) bordering on bullying and also wholly unacceptable. I was there on Saturday and the person being talked about is not fat as described and it caused zero any concerns in my mind that he was out helping with the pre-match warm-up. Would it not be of more concern if the players were warming up with no direction or plan?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Richinns wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 09:12 Although I am very sceptical of the current regime I do think the anger directed at the current coaches on this thread is misplaced and wholly unfair. Why would we have the right to know the names and roles of all TUFC staff? I am sure the club are not hiding it!
Picking on a person and labelling them 'fat' with no knowledge of them is also (in my view) bordering on bullying and also wholly unacceptable. I was there on Saturday and the person being talked about is not fat as described and it caused zero any concerns in my mind that he was out helping with the pre-match warm-up. Would it not be of more concern if the players were warming up with no direction or plan?
:goodpost:

Just seems that some so called fans get off on being negative and down about everything. F** me Torquay just won the league ... quick, find someone to blame :lol:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

__quiet__gull wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 16:08

Just seems that some so called fans get off on being negative and down about everything. F** me Torquay just won the league ... quick, find someone to blame :lol:
Where have you been the last several years?

Just because some prefer to kiss the arse of a property developer and his puppet doesn't mean everyone should.
We've had year after year of dross so don't blame anyone for not feeling the buzz of 7/9 in the bloody NLS, it is nothing short of scandalous that we ended up here and deservedly so. For that there are plenty of reasons to be negative.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Owers took the club down so to reinstate himself with any credibility he needs promotion this season ,nothing else would be failure as all this does is place us back to where we should at least be and were last season under his tenure.
Parkys People
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Darren Moore

Post by Parkys People »

__quiet__gull wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 16:08

I think it equally as weird when some choose to stick their head in the sand as to what's unfolding around them, or worse - are not bothered.

"Torquay are moonwalking their way into an oblivion.. I don't care :lol: "

I moan about the club (with reason) because I care and want the best for club.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

greb46 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:50 Owers took the club down so to reinstate himself with any credibility he needs promotion this season ,nothing else would be failure as all this does is place us back to where we should at least be and were last season under his tenure.
In my book, Owers wont reinstate himself with credibility winning promotion from the NLS, that should be a given. I will doff my cap when he does what he was intially hired to do and that is get us back into the football league. Then he will get credit where credit is due. Everyone's prerogative to disagree, but please do seriously ask yourself, without football league status, what is the bloody point of a £40m stadium, when we could just take the Chelmsford FC route and find a descent running track.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

MellowYellow wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 20:27 In my book, Owers wont reinstate himself with creditbility winning promotion from the NLS, that should be a given. I will doff my cap when he does what he was intially hired to do and that is get us back into the football league. Then he will get credit where credit is due. Everyone's prerogative to disagree, but please do seriously ask yourself, without football league status, what is the bloody point of a £40m stadium, when we could just take the Chelmsford FC route and find a descent running track.
Agree totally ,a 40 m stadium for a club that's sustained itself at Plainmoor with a few thousand supporters and a ground that is affordable and manageable unlike the white elephant proposed and I can see the pigs flying now regarding its appearance. Playing wise yes Owers relegated the club so to be a success after his appointment needs promotion to the football league eventually then he's worth lauding over.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I agree with a lot of what is being said above. Gaining promotion will only be a small step on the way to Owers rehabilitation. To truly prove himself worthy of the job he has to turn the team into a competitive force in the NLP. Now I know it is too soon to draw any conclusions, but whilst this particular group of players might cut the mustard in NLS I'm not sure that they could in the NLP. Therefore Osbourne is going to have to put his hands in his pocket again next season, only I'm not too sure of his intention in doing so.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 21:50 I agree with a lot of what is being said above. Gaining promotion will only be a small step on the way to Owers rehabilitation. To truly prove himself worthy of the job he has to turn the team into a competitive force in the NLP. Now I know it is too soon to draw any conclusions, but whilst this particular group of players might cut the mustard in NLS I'm not sure that they could in the NLP. Therefore Osbourne is going to have to put his hands in his pocket again next season, only I'm not too sure of his intention in doing so.
Formal Planning Permission for the new stadium starts this coming November, so everything could be wrapped up, signed, sealed and not delivered before the start of next season or any other season for that matter. Once Osborne is up and running with his 'enabling' housing development, see how quickly the funding dries up and part-time football is introduced with the adage of Osbornes famous phrase 'sustainability'. All this prior to the official announcement that the stadium is not financially viable due to the landfill site foundation soil not being solid enough to stand the weight of such a vast construction.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Parkys People wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 20:03 I think it equally as weird when some choose to stick their head in the sand as to what's unfolding around them, or worse - are not bothered.

"Torquay are moonwalking their way into an oblivion.. I don't care :lol: "

I moan about the club (with reason) because I care and want the best for club.
I doubt this statement was aimed at me (I for one do not stick my head in the sand) -

Off to Oxford now... report to follow :scarf:
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 18:56 Where have you been the last several years?

Just because some prefer to kiss the arse of a property developer and his puppet doesn't mean everyone should.
We've had year after year of dross so don't blame anyone for not feeling the buzz of 7/9 in the bloody NLS, it is nothing short of scandalous that we ended up here and deservedly so. For that there are plenty of reasons to be negative.
Fair point, I think I am just overwhelmed at the fact we have 7 from 9, I sometimes forget what a mess this all is... I definitely love my football but I do NOT love the mess we are in. Just trying to find some positivism.

Fingers crossed for tonight.... :scarf:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No worries. Maybe see you there!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com