I want Gowling to stay....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

jimhart33 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:20 IMO unless a recall option is in place very bad decision. It will only take a couple of injuries and he would be needed.
Good that he will get games in at Alfreton, but he could still be an asset.
It appears of grave concern to you that Gowling has gone to Alfreton. To help dispeal your worries it is only for one month.

Having said that I think we can take it as a given that in his first match for Alfreton, he will get a season long injury or at least until his contract with Torquay expires. :whistle:
SWgull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by SWgull »

Manager didn't want him at the club and Gowling didn't want to be here either. Best for both parties. Hopefully the loan will be extended and they can pick up at least part of his no doubt ridiculous wage.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

:rofl:
jimhart33 wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 19:20 IMO unless a recall option is in place very bad decision. It will only take a couple of injuries and he would be needed.
I'm more concerned that they might have an option to send the fraud back to us before a month is up.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

On the other hand, Esuman is injured and now also Sokilik - two central defenders. Gowling would be the obvious one to slot into Owers favoured three central defenders system. You'd also think that if Gowling wanted out, he'd be busting a gut to get in the team to put himself in the shop window. However, he's been on the transfer list since the end of last season and it seems that Alfreton are the only club that has shown any interest, and then only for a month. I think that says a lot.

As for Owers, maybe he will have a nosebleed and pick an attacking team with two central defenders and Banton on the wing.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

A bad decision? are you serious?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

tomogull wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 21:59 On the other hand, Esuman is injured and now also Sokilik - two central defenders. Gowling would be the obvious one to slot into Owers favoured three central defenders system. You'd also think that if Gowling wanted out, he'd be busting a gut to get in the team to put himself in the shop window. However, he's been on the transfer list since the end of last season and it seems that Alfreton are the only club that has shown any interest, and then only for a month. I think that says a lot.

As for Owers, maybe he will have a nosebleed and pick an attacking team with two central defenders and Banton on the wing.
You're forgetting Gowling doesn't play on 3G pitches, one tomorrow at Oxford City and then another at Slough on Saturday.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

nickbrod wrote: 13 Aug 2018, 22:23

You're forgetting Gowling doesn't play on 3G pitches, one tomorrow at Oxford City and then another at Slough on Saturday.
it's mind boggling that in this day and age a professional footballer can turn up to work with a note from his mum excusing him from playing on artificial surfaces.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

And that a "professional" football club would still sign said player on a two year contract!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I'm with Jim on this. Take note that as soon as he left, we lost.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

gateman49 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 10:48 I'm with Jim on this. Take note that as soon as he left, we lost.
:red:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

gateman49 wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 10:48 I'm with Jim on this. Take note that as soon as he left, we lost.
This is a **** joke, right?
Gowling wasn't involved in the least in the previous three games that harvested seven points. Get this straight Gowling doesn't want, nor cares to play for TUFC ever again.
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie
Watches from: Pop side

Post by DevonBee »

Fingers crossed he won`t come back, not needed ...not welcome....an injury is always just around the corner with this journeyman.
He only plays when he wants to......spot on when you say Gowling doesn`t want, nor cares to play for TUFC ever again.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

"As soon as he left we lost" brilliant satire, hope yiu were being ironical. This is exactly why I love this site so much.

Without wanting to state the obvious, he wouldn't have been playing on 3G on tuesday so it didn't matter if he was at alfteton or not.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Not quite sure gowling deserves a thread of his own. He quite obviously signed a 2 year contract with us, knowing full well he is injury prone and can't play on artificial pitches. He's a nightmare for amateur managers
Lucy
Kingsgull83
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Kingsgull83 »

I may be a little late to chime in on the topic but good riddance the guys attitude sucks.
I remember seeing him down the gym before last pre season being put though he paces only to be slacking off when ever he could and pulling faces behind the trainers back. Not the way to be impressing a new club or younger team mates.
I was then shocked to see he was made captain.
His performances only confirmed my views that he is a lazy good for nothing waste of space.