Expectations for the forthcoming season in NLS

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Expectations for the forthcoming season in NLS

Champions
22%
Playoffs position
41%
Mid table
29%
To be relegated
8%

Total votes: 83

tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

stefano wrote: 03 Aug 2018, 23:03 Well tomo just for you and of course completely off topic, but the play-off theory is: Unlike football where there are no Premiership games and Championship games on an international weekend, rugby fixtures carry on during the international games. There are actually quite a few. The whole of November is taken up with internationals (England have 4 games this Autuumn). Then of course for 6 weeks in February / March there is the 6 Nations.

Now of course it stands to reason that the top teams will have more players on international duty than those further down the table - and there are always some completely unexpected results during these periods. So the 'theory' is that the top 4 play off with their full squads available to decide the champions.

Just one correction although and you did say tomo you don't really follow rugby. Exeter has never lost to Wasps in the play-offs. Exeter finished top last season with Saracens 2nd and Wasps 3rd. Exeter then lost to Saracens in the final. The year before when Exeter won it Exeter finished 2nd behind Wasps in 1st place, but having beaten Saracens in the semi-final play off Exeter beat Wasps at Twickenham in the final.

Hope that clarifies stuff. ;-)

....and....I think TUFC will win tomorrow and by 1745 next Saturday will be top of the league with 9 points!
Thanks for that, Stefano. Much appreciated. I've never heard it explained before and it does make some logical sense. I knew it was Saracens. It must have been that wasp after my strawberries & cream that confused me. As for TUFC being top of the league with 9 points by next Saturday, I can't find a 'flying pig' amongst the smilies. Too much sun, Stefano ..... not good for you. ;-)
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I have it on good faith that we are going to piss this tin pot league of part time butchers, bakers and candlestick makers. 😆😆😆

You heard it here first! 👍
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

No I was referring to Exeter Rugby Supporters in general - especially those making that stupid chant. Don't ask about the play offs - its a contrved load of old bollocks which they make up as they go along.

How on earth can it make any sense that a team who wins the league then don't actually win it. That just shows how plainly ridiculous the whole shebang is. Premiership rugby bears no comparison to the football premier league because in football all the top players don't bugger off for half the season.

I too will be at the Bath game.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Exeter Chiefs v Bath?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Southampton Gull wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 13:41 Exeter Chiefs v Bath?
23rd March 2019 .... I will be there - NOT expecting to see Brucie unless he has a Damascus moment! ;-)
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Please feel free to re-evaluate
Lucy
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I said mid table and still think this is where United will end up. Basically Torquay are now a Conference South club and won't be playing national football anytime soon. For this reason I have given up attending.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

No need to re-evaluate. My own personal opinion was, nothing less than a play-off place, that can not change and will not, anything less has to been seen as a nuclear grade dismal failure.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Said mid table but might need to re-evaluate that downwards unless there is a massive ( and rapid) improvement in our fortunes. Given the way things are going, the current incumbents (at all levels within TUFC) are seemingly a clueless bunch of twonks!
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 11:33 No need to re-evaluate. My own personal opinion was, nothing less than a play-off place, that can not change and will not, anything less has to been seen as a nuclear grade dismal failure.
No need for me to re-evaluate either. My opinion was, and still is, mid-table which I agree is a nuclear grade dismal failure. I may re-evaluate if there is a change of manager .......
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

tomogull wrote: 26 Aug 2018, 16:16No need for me to re-evaluate either. My opinion was, and still is, mid-table which I agree is a nuclear grade dismal failure. I may re-evaluate if there is a change of manager .......
What he said.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is, this thread is about our expectations, that doesn't mean where we think our team will end up, it means where do you expect them to finish, on current evidence we'll end up in midtable, that's not what we should be expecting as fans, nor demanding.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

I'm demanding back to back promotions (as Champions) but it isn't going to happen and whilst the current regime is in place, probably not in my life time! That's if there's a club left to support either. Will the current regime care or lose sleep... of course not.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

On what I saw yesterday, RELEGATION
TUST MEMBER
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

No need to re-evaluate. I, like a lot of fans still expect us to be champions, which is why we are so upset at the shit-show Owers is overseeing.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084