Invite to Season Ticket Holders and Sponsors 31/7/18

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Invite to Season Ticket Holders and Sponsors 31/7/18

Post by __quiet__gull »

You may have seen this:

https://www.torquayunited.com/invitatio ... t-holders/

I am going to attend this evening, if anything I can pick up my season ticket... Perhaps if you do go and would like to share you experience, please do so.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Excellent quiet - I was hoping someone who posts on here was doing so. Can you provide some feedback much like your excellent match reports?

Of course the big questions need to be asked about the new stadium and the future of Plainmoor but if you get chance can you ask Mr Owers why we have not signed a physical centre forward and if he truly believes the strike force retained from last seasons relegation (Romain and Healey aside as well!) are actually good enough to score enough goals to get us promoted this!?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Richinns wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 12:13 Excellent quiet - I was hoping someone who posts on here was doing so. Can you provide some feedback much like your excellent match reports?

Of course the big questions need to be asked about the new stadium and the future of Plainmoor but if you get chance can you ask Mr Owers why we have not signed a physical centre forward and if he truly believes the strike force retained from last seasons relegation (Romain and Healey aside as well!) are actually good enough to score enough goals to get us promoted this!?
Will try and provide some feedback :)
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Well, CO hid for the first 60 minutes and only came out once we were all ushered to the Family Stand to watch an unconvincing Oliver present his trophy which had clearly been paid for by CO.

Look, CO has bank rolled the club and kept us going financially.... But no excuse.... I have never seen such blatant lip service from Oliver, he gave a brief speech, full of shit, with CO like a side kick nodding dog. CO may as well have had his hand up Oliver's backside it was that bad.

Nothing of major interest other than the Mayor said that by May 2019 he wants every sports club in Torquay with facilities to have a 40 year lease... he didn't say how much that lease would cost... so the crowd did not erupt!

At one point I thought Oliver and Osbourne were going to kiss... luckily it didn't happen!

I did take some pictures from the slideshow, looks better than Wembley!! LOL, this presentation was on a constant loop - no presenter. By this point I was frustrated at hearing the same old shit so I slipped away.

Worth mentioning that CO repeated the word 'SUSTAINABLE' about 100 times in his brief spat - wonder why? .....
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

__quiet__gull wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 20:04 Well, CO hid for the first 60 minutes and only came out once we were all ushered to the Family Stand to watch an unconvincing Oliver present his trophy which had clearly been paid for by CO.

Look, CO has bank rolled the club and kept us going financially.... But no excuse.... I have never seen such blatant lip service from Oliver, he gave a brief speech, full of shit, with CO like a side kick nodding dog. CO may as well have had his hand up Oliver's backside it was that bad.

Nothing of major interest other than the Mayor said that by May 2019 he wants every sports club in Torquay with facilities to have a 40 year lease... he didn't say how much that lease would cost... so the crowd did not erupt!

At one point I thought Oliver and Osbourne were going to kiss... luckily it didn't happen!

I did take some pictures from the slideshow, looks better than Wembley!! LOL, this presentation was on a constant loop - no presenter. By this point I was frustrated at hearing the same old shit so I slipped away.

Worth mentioning that CO repeated the word 'SUSTAINABLE' about 100 times in his brief spat - wonder why? .....
Thanks quiet - Sounds 'sustainably sickening'.

I see another midfielder added tonight. Any information given about a potential target man and or Assistant to Owers?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

__quiet__gull wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 20:04
...Look, CO has bank rolled the club and kept us going financially.... But no excuse.... I have never seen such blatant lip service from Oliver, he gave a brief speech, full of shit, with CO like a side kick nodding dog. CO may as well have had his hand up Oliver's backside it was that bad...Worth mentioning that CO repeated the word 'SUSTAINABLE' about 100 times in his brief spat - wonder why? .....
:goodpost:
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

Richinns wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 20:40 Thanks quiet - Sounds 'sustainably sickening'.

I see another midfielder added tonight. Any information given about a potential target man and or Assistant to Owers?
Owers said he expects to sign 2 more by end of week but wouldn't say who or what positions.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

... heard the same - but he did elaborate on their positions. Expect another goalkeeper on short term loan as Bass likely to miss first two games + a striker - though not specifically a “target” man - as 1/ they are hard to come by these days and 2/ it would encourage the team, indeed any team, to “go long” and our team this season is not being set up to do that,
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

__quiet__gull wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 20:04 Nothing of major interest other than the Mayor said that by May 2019 he wants every sports club in Torquay with facilities to have a 40 year lease... he didn't say how much that lease would cost... so the crowd did not erupt!

Isn’t our lease already over 40 years :|
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I attended last nights event in the Gulls Nest and spoke to Gary Owers and about 10 of the players.

I got very positive vibes about the squad.

During Gary Owers presentation he confirmed that for the coming season Brett Williams will be the Captain.

Can I just take up a point from the post by Quiet Gull from the speech made by the Mayor concerning sports clubs in Torquay. I am pretty certain he said 14 year leases and not 40 year leases and his point had nothing to do as far as I could tell with Torquay United. He was referring in my opinion to amateur sports clubs in Torquay who can obtain funding nationally but not locally, provided they have a minimum lease of 14 years.

By he time he leaves office in May 2019 he wanted to ensure that all such clubs had 14 year leases. I stand to be corrected but I am pretty sure this is what he said.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

portugull wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 08:56 I attended last nights event in the Gulls Nest and spoke to Gary Owers and about 10 of the players.

I got very positive vibes about the squad.

During Gary Owers presentation he confirmed that for the coming season Brett Williams will be the Captain.

Can I just take up a point from the post by Quiet Gull from the speech made by the Mayor concerning sports clubs in Torquay. I am pretty certain he said 14 year leases and not 40 year leases and his point had nothing to do as far as I could tell with Torquay United. He was referring in my opinion to amateur sports clubs in Torquay who can obtain funding nationally but not locally, provided they have a minimum lease of 14 years.

By he time he leaves office in May 2019 he wanted to ensure that all such clubs had 14 year leases. I stand to be corrected but I am pretty sure this is what he said.
He did say 40, if he meant 14 then fair enough... I recorded the presentation :)

I agree he was most definitely referring to amateur sports clubs but wasn't it obvious it was a smoke screen, how the fudge is it relevant if he has got this for big plan for amatuer sports clubs? No good if CO wacks a whopping rent on the new stadia.

Anyway, heard all this positiveness before and look where that got us. More than happy to let the football talk :)

Time to concentrate on the football, very much looking forward to Saturday.

Cheers,
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

CP Gull wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 22:12 ... heard the same - but he did elaborate on their positions. Expect another goalkeeper on short term loan as Bass likely to miss first two games + a striker - though not specifically a “target” man - as 1/ they are hard to come by these days and 2/ it would encourage the team, indeed any team, to “go long” and our team this season is not being set up to do that,
Did he say this to you as part of a smaller circle of chat? Good info, excited to see who he brings in.
Baegull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by Baegull »

Look up stadiarena dot com for the presentation that was shown on Tuesday by company that are supposed to be building the £40m stadium.
Note they did build or is that design the Richo arena in Coventry but the most "similar" stadium is in India, cost £60m and only has a 4000 capacity indoor arena - not a 40000 open air concert venue with "french door" style opening stands.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I was wrong quiet gull it is 40 year leases and goes back to July 2011 when the Mayor made the pledge.
My apologies but not easy to hear a Mayor who speaks with the microphone down by his belt!!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Baegull wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 09:21 Look up stadiarena dot com for the presentation that was shown on Tuesday by company that are supposed to be building the £40m stadium.
Note they did build or is that design the Richo arena in Coventry but the most "similar" stadium is in India, cost £60m and only has a 4000 capacity indoor arena - not a 40000 open air concert venue with "french door" style opening stands.
The Ricoh Arena was built by Arena Company whose chief executive was Paul Fletcher, former footballer at Bolton, Burnley and Blackpool. Fletcher is the founder of Stadiarena, which appears to be the designer of stadiums who then license other companies to build them.
With the Ricoh Arena and the Ahmedabad Stadium under his belt, he has actually built at least two more stadiums than Clarke Osborne.
I would be surprised if Fletcher was involved with us because he actually appears to be a very successful business man who has actually delivered the end product, he was also involved with the conduct of the McAlpine stadium at Huddersfield.