Dorchester Vs Torquay 28.7.2018 PSF

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

tomogull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 17:38
Oh dear - that's worse than the start of last season ...
What do you mean Tomogull - not sure I understand. Can you elaborate?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Not sure what gowling' game plan is. Surely as a professional footballer you would presume your aim is to optimise your career. Yet he seems to be content with Torquayunited paying his wages until his contract and football career ends and that is that.
Lucy
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

MellowYellow wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 18:56 What do you mean Tomogull - not sure I understand. Can you elaborate?
Ha - I think you know very well what I mean M.Y.! My posting was very much 'tongue in cheek' as I was thinking about this pre-season injury list conpared with last season's which provoked so much bile against the then manager. But I sure don't want to resurrect that old chestnut again! :red:
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thankfully back to talking about football, rather than wind up merchants, snowflakes, and those with insight :whistle: Thing is with Gowling, correct me if I have this wrong, isn't he under contract for this season and, also transfer listed, which suggests he's here because he has to be, but not in the managers plans, so not sure what we expect from him, even when fit, doubt very much he's going to be in the first 11, and he knows it.

If he still had any stock value as a footballer, someone would have took him of our hands.
Formerly known as forevertufc
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

forevertufc wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 21:26 Thankfully back to talking about football, rather than wind up merchants, snowflakes, and those with insight :whistle: Thing is with Gowling, correct me if I have this wrong, isn't he under contract for this season and, also transfer listed, which suggests he's here because he has to be, but not in the managers plans, so not sure what we expect from him, even when fit, doubt very much he's going to be in the first 11, and he knows it.

If he still had any stock value as a footballer, someone would have took him of our hands.
Yes - I think that's just about the stark truth. Another scenario is that we're being told he's injured whereas there are negotiations going for him to move, either permanently or on loan, and he is not being risked. Or it could simply be (as was pointed out on here earlier) Dorchester play on astroturf, but Josh doesn't ........
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Whoever gave him a 2 year contract with no relegation release clause should be hung up outside Plainmoor swimming pool for passers by to throw things at.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

CP Gull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 17:22 OK, thanks for that .... doesnt sound too good, does it!

Funny that neither the TUFC Official site or the Dorchester one made any mention of this - obviously missed by them. That’s quite a few injury doubts for next Saturday then .... Bass, Sokolik, Gowling, Nabi and Cameron.
I agree, I don't know if Nabi and Cameron were that bad, both were walking fine, lets hope that we don't end up starting the season with a depleted squad through injury.

Gowling - Probably wants to just get paid and keep the bench warm.

The other guys - keep our fingers crossed that injuries are not serious.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

CP Gull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 17:22 OK, thanks for that .... doesnt sound too good, does it!

Funny that neither the TUFC Official site or the Dorchester one made any mention of this - obviously missed by them. That’s quite a few injury doubts for next Saturday then .... Bass, Sokolik, Gowling, Nabi and Cameron.
Funny how Devon Live don't mention Essuman for Sokolik either... maybe he got a knock rather than a full blown injury. I can assure you though he definitely did not play the second half.