Dorchester Vs Torquay 28.7.2018 PSF

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Wolborough wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 08:46 Quiet Gulls postings are far more useful and relevant than those of Matt!
In your opinion.... ;-)
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

That is the over rider that must apply to all postings.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

__quiet__gull wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 19:40
Def - Sokolik - 4/10 - Not sure what has happened, doesnt look interested, did not mutter a word the whole first half and then went off injured.
Well I guess I might not get an answer to this now BUT “quiet gull” its me again .....

You know, the poster that pointed out that you gave Sokolik a poor rating in one game ... that he never actually played in?

Well, I’m back, and I see your opinion of Sokolik hasn’t improved :lol:

Just one thing though, I’ve seen nothing anywhere else to suggest that Sokolik “went off injured” as you suggest .... are you sure he did? Clearly that would not be good news given his recent history of injury problems ... but reports elsewhere seem to suggest he played the WHOLE game?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to the OS Sokolik played the whole match.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Matt88 wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 20:34 Valuable response, note to the forum... and the forum mods, I will stop posting because of this twit.

Looking forward very much to meeting you, real men do not hide behind words.
Quiet Gull - you have been a welcome addition to the Forum. Although I have said that I will not return to Plainmoor next season in view of what 's going on off the field,I will always take an interest in what's happening on the field and opinions about new signings and triallists. So THANK YOU (and Portugal) for your views on the pre-season games.

Matt is Matt - rather like marmite, like him or hate him. He has been missing for well over twelve months and we have missed him. Like a toothache .... The Forum is a poorer place without him (just my opinion, you'll understand :whistle: )
I like his sometimes outrageous posts, but I think he's really quite a softie at heart! So please keep posting your opinions Q.G. Don't be a snowflake! It will get quite nasty on here at times when the Font of All Knowledge (alias the Keyboard Waker) deems to grace us with his presence again ....... ;-)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I think quiet gulls insight to preseason friendlys have been great and very welcomed on the site (indeed Matt himself has said as much). I think there has been a misunderstanding and overeation to what was said really - I don't think losing your sh1t over it is needed. Hopefully quiet comes back and continues to post and likewise with Matt. We have bigger things to unite and fight over than falling out with each other over something so trivial.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

tomogull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 11:54 Quiet Gull - you have been a welcome addition to the Forum.

Matt is Matt - He has been missing for well over twelve months and we have missed him.The Forum is a poorer place without him (just my opinion, you'll understand :whistle: )
Completely agree Tomo. There are some posters I always make sure I read (actually you are one of them!) and Matt and QG are two of them. Both are valuable contributors to this forum and the forum would be poorer without them.

Mind you Tomo I also enjoy the knowledgable and insightful posts by merse, and I know you would never agree with me on that! ;-)
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

stefano wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 12:45 Completely agree Tomo. There are some posters I always make sure I read (actually you are one of them!) and Matt and QG are two of them. Both are valuable contributors to this forum and the forum would be poorer without them.

Mind you Tomo I also enjoy the knowledgable and insightful posts by merse, and I know you would never agree with me on that! ;-)

Agree,QG and his posts very informative but Matt,Tomogull,Teigngull and Merse are always great to listen to re their views even though not always agreed with!
Rayzie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Liam Davis

Post by Rayzie »

I thought the friendly against Dorchester was basically a chance to mix the squad players up and to take another look at trialists. The lower league opposition played some neat quick passing football and tested Torquay quite well. I didn't think any of the squad particularly stood out on the very slow Astro turf. It looked difficult to play on and it was a very windy day. Next Saturday will be the real tester and good luck to the boys.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

CP Gull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 11:22 Well I guess I might not get an answer to this now BUT “quiet gull” its me again .....

You know, the poster that pointed out that you gave Sokolik a poor rating in one game ... that he never actually played in?

Well, I’m back, and I see your opinion of Sokolik hasn’t improved :lol:

Just one thing though, I’ve seen nothing anywhere else to suggest that Sokolik “went off injured” as you suggest .... are you sure he did? Clearly that would not be good news given his recent history of injury problems ... but reports elsewhere seem to suggest he played the WHOLE game?
Hi,

thank you for responding to my post. I was a huge fan of Sokolik until his performance at Solihull last season.... then I think he went injured shortly after.

He is struggling, not sure with what.... He was subbed at half time for Esuman. The only half time sub made from what I remember. Then we saw him hobble up and down the stands and it did not look good.

He definitely did not play the whole game - was sat several seats away from us in the stand in the second half.

Cheers,
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Hobbled to his seat just in front of me. I think Essuman and Niate would be our best centre back pairing on what I’ve seen so far.
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

__quiet__gull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 16:52 Hi,

thank you for responding to my post. I was a huge fan of Sokolik until his performance at Solihull last season.... then I think he went injured shortly after.

He is struggling, not sure with what.... He was subbed at half time for Esuman. The only half time sub made from what I remember. Then we saw him hobble up and down the stands and it did not look good.

He definitely did not play the whole game - was sat several seats away from us in the stand in the second half.

Cheers,
OK, thanks for that .... doesnt sound too good, does it!

Funny that neither the TUFC Official site or the Dorchester one made any mention of this - obviously missed by them. That’s quite a few injury doubts for next Saturday then .... Bass, Sokolik, Gowling, Nabi and Cameron.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

CP Gull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 17:22 That’s quite a few injury doubts for next Saturday then .... Bass, Sokolik, Gowling, Nabi and Cameron.
Oh dear - that's worse than the start of last season ........ :whistle: (there should be a 'smilie' with a wooden spoon)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Unlikely Sokolik will start next week in any case as he has missed all the pre season with a thigh strain. It may well be he picked up another injury on Saturday. These things happen. Lets hope he will be back to full fitness soon.

Gowling is permanently injured in any case so is no loss whatsoever. Of the rest (apart from the keeper) they will probably all be fit.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

So Gowling has his customary early season injury that means he can't play just pick up his wages ............. Quelle suprise !!!