Dorchester Vs Torquay 28.7.2018 PSF

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

No Cameron. I reckon he picked up a groin strain on Tuesday.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

2-0 after 48 minutes. Roberts (40, pen) and Pittman (48)
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Here goes:

We played 4-4-2 throughout, obviously to fit the trialists into the team and to give the fringe players a run.

Ratings are my own opinion only:

GK - MacDonald - 8/10 - Made one really good save, saved the routine balls and claimed a few corners and set plays. Kicking was a little better and hoping he will see the unfortunate injury to Bass as a great opportunity. A good game.

Def - Wynter - 6/10 - Average really, doesnt seem to have much pace, more misplaced passes than completed passes.

Def - Davis - 7/10 - Good speed and footwork as we have come to see, shame his distribution is STILL poor.

Def - Sokolik - 4/10 - Not sure what has happened, doesnt look interested, did not mutter a word the whole first half and then went off injured.

Def - Niate - 7/10 - Makes a few clumsy challenges but then makes up for them with his pace and strength, I think will be very important at heart of defense.

Mid - Banton - 5/10 - Is he fit? Or just off the pace? Enough said.

Mid - Leitch 7/10 - Worth signing, made some good passes, is spritely and gets around, could add a bit of an engine/gas to the midfield, small guy.

Mid - Tanner 5/10 - Was fairly invisible compared to Leitch.

Mid - Bawling - 7/10 - Did not do anything amazing but his passing at times was superb and knows how to set up opportunites, shame no team mates scored any of them!

For - Roberts - 7/10 - I think he has done enough to earn a contract, prefer him to Reid, seems to have a bit more of a football mind, not as fast, terrier style may be useful - Good penalty.

For - Pittman - 3/10 - He gets one mark more than Keating (2/10) for managing to score a tap in. Just so low in confidence and needs more pitch time which he is unlikely to get.

After 60 minutes a number of changes were made, nothing overly exciting. Still 4-4-2 and bloody hell how did Keating miss, it was harder to miss than score. He was maybe 2 yards out, open goal and shinned or scuffed the ball. He then also missed the rebound. The kid is trying to hard. We have seen in the past he can score.

Of the goals, Roberts - deserved his, penalty awarded for a clumsy foul.
Pittman - tap in.

- Should have won by 4 or 5.

Maybe one of the trialists will be signed and perhaps a loan player or two?

Noted that Cameron and Nabi sat in the stands with Gowling.

Saw Gary Hill (ex Woking and Dagenham manager) - He is currently not in management but looked like he was scouting, perhaps for a club up that part of country.... he made lots of notes! Waste of time really (sorry Gary), but anyway, best to keep the opposition guessing! Ha

I am looking forward to next Saturday, still a player or two light... but atmosphere on the bench and between players seems good.

Time will tell...

Oh, and Ref was good!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

__quiet__gull wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 19:40
Ratings are my own opinion only:
I've never understood why people feel the need to post this and things similar. Obviously, like, so obviously that you could literally bring an alien to Earth from the planet Zarg and show him a post like that and he would understand that the ratings were 'merely your opinion' obvious.

Aside from that, thanks. Nice to see that a lot of our players were poor to average and we still managed to win a match and create the chances to make an observer think we should have won more comfortably still.

Winnin' the league, lads.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Matt88 wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 20:34 I've never understood why people feel the need to post this and things similar. Obviously, like, so obviously that you could literally bring an alien to Earth from the planet Zarg and show him a post like that and he would understand that the ratings were 'merely your opinion' obvious.

Aside from that, thanks. Nice to see that a lot of our players were poor to average and we still managed to win a match and create the chances to make an observer think we should have won more comfortably still.

Matt.
Valuable response, note to the forum... and the forum mods, I will stop posting because of this twit.

Looking forward very much to meeting you, real men do not hide behind words.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Keep up the great posts Quiet Gull - I have really enjoyed reading your opinions. Don't give up just because of one negative comment, and you have obviously made a huge effort to actually watch the matches you are commenting on. At the very least your posts don't contain such grammatical howlers as this example on the OS this evening : 'United were rarely threatened and could of had further goals in the second half.' Er... shouldn't that be 'could HAVE had'?? Call me pedantic but it really grates to see such bad English in print!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Matt88 wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 20:34 I've never understood why people feel the need to post this and things similar. Obviously, like, so obviously that you could literally bring an alien to Earth from the planet Zarg and show him a post like that and he would understand that the ratings were 'merely your opinion' obvious.

Matt.

Rest assured, people value posts like his far more than idiotic ones like yours
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

__quiet__gull wrote: 28 Jul 2018, 21:09 Valuable response, note to the forum... and the forum mods, I will stop posting because of this twit.

Looking forward very much to meeting you, real men do not hide behind words.
Oh come on, one tongue in cheek retort and you're going to stop posting? Don't be soft. This is a fecking football forum.

Just my opinion though....
Louis
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Louis »

:yellow: Matt
⚽️ Prediction League 23/24 - TUFC merch prizes for grabs
⚽️ Press Room - all latest TUFC News
⚽️ @Torquay_Fans - follow us on X for all the latest

Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Matt being his normal Oh look at me how clever I am annoying self !

He hasn't changed ....what a shame..
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

Dutchgull wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 01:22 Matt being his normal Oh look at me how clever I am annoying self !

He hasn't changed ....what a shame..
Absolutely no need for him to make that comment was there - keep posting Quiet Gull!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

ACW2IOW wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 01:35 Absolutely no need for him to make that comment was there - keep posting Quiet Gull!
TBH, why should Matt change, his posts are humorous and hits the nail on the head on most occasions.
Lucy
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

lucy6lucy wrote: 29 Jul 2018, 02:49 TBH, why should Matt change, his posts are humorous and hits the nail on the head on most occasions.
Yeah, his twatty, sarcastic and unnecessary comments to someone who has gone out of their way to do a match report was right on the money. Hilarious.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Quiet Gulls postings are far more useful and relevant than those of Matt!
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Photo of James Roberts penalty at Dorchester, yesterday. As seen from the stands.
Last edited by dennisk on 29 Jul 2018, 10:59, edited 1 time in total.