Gordon Oliver Open Forum Tonight

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Having been a regular at Plainmoor since 1962 I obviously have great affection for the place. However, as a multi use stadium the facilities are somewhat lacking for anything other than football. It is surrounded by houses with no parking.

I play squash at Torbay Leisure Centre at Clennon Valley. I park at Goodrington Sands in the off season. Walking to the centre I walk past a 900 capacity car park in Tanners Road which is closed in the winter. This does not include the car park bordering Great Western Close or Goodrington Sands. I cross the road to walk through another massive car park outside the Leisure Centre. There must be room for 1500 to 200 cars in total. On the Brixham side of the Leisure Centre is a Velo park, a strip of tarmac that people cycle around in a meandering path which is hardly used. If they want a multi purpose stadium in the Bay this is the place to put it. There would be no houses in close proximity, there is plenty of room for a football stadium + other amenities (hotel etc). The car parking is massive, there is a train station opposite at Goodrington (I am aware the line from Paignton station to Goodrington is a private). The Velo Park is a complete waste of space. The council could then convert Plainmoor to housing if that's what they want to do. I know this is old hat but the council could make better use of it's assets. Shame they don't sell off their redundant land (including farms) and invest in the civic amenities rather than get in to bed with a developer who does not develop or have any interest in the community. Hell, I might even spend an half an hour on the CAD and draw up something better than the plan that was drawn up last night so I can get the mayors approval.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

samuel wrote: 27 Jul 2018, 15:05 Having been a regular at Plainmoor since 1962 I obviously have great affection for the place. However, as a multi use stadium the facilities are somewhat lacking for anything other than football. It is surrounded by houses with no parking.

I play squash at Torbay Leisure Centre at Clennon Valley. I park at Goodrington Sands in the off season. Walking to the centre I walk past a 900 capacity car park in Tanners Road which is closed in the winter. This does not include the car park bordering Great Western Close or Goodrington Sands. I cross the road to walk through another massive car park outside the Leisure Centre. There must be room for 1500 to 200 cars in total. On the Brixham side of the Leisure Centre is a Velo park, a strip of tarmac that people cycle around in a meandering path which is hardly used. If they want a multi purpose stadium in the Bay this is the place to put it. There would be no houses in close proximity, there is plenty of room for a football stadium + other amenities (hotel etc). The car parking is massive, there is a train station opposite at Goodrington (I am aware the line from Paignton station to Goodrington is a private). The Velo Park is a complete waste of space. The council could then convert Plainmoor to housing if that's what they want to do. I know this is old hat but the council could make better use of it's assets. Shame they don't sell off their redundant land (including farms) and invest in the civic amenities rather than get in to bed with a developer who does not develop or have any interest in the community. Hell, I might even spend an half an hour on the CAD and draw up something better than the plan that was drawn up last night so I can get the mayors approval.
Yes if everything was right I agree this is the best place for a football ground I have often thought the same. :goodpost: