Truro ground share back on?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Porky wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 12:22 800 plus season tickets sold is my guess.

The guy in the shop looked bemused when I told him i was a new purchaser and not a renewal. New league, new squad, renewed interest.
:lol:
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Porky wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 12:22 800 plus season tickets sold is my guess.

The guy in the shop looked bemused when I told him i was a new purchaser and not a renewal. New league, new squad, renewed interest.
Good man Porky :)

800 is a cracking figure in the circumstances.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Sills

Post by __quiet__gull »

Masters sounds like a total crook!

He seems to have slowly dismantled Truro and now he shoves them off to Torquay to die.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/sport/foot ... ro-1819804
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Truro City to give unhappy fans refunds on season tickets following move to Torquay United's Plainmoor.

Truro must vacate Treyew Road by July 31st 2018, (nine days away.) to turn their ground into a Lidl Supermarket.

In response to their unhappy fans who will now have a 160 mile round trip if the wont to see their team play, Truro have said "We will say now that any person who has already purchased a season ticket for Treyew Road will be offered a full refund should they not wish to take up the opportunity of subsidised travel".

Truro first home match (plainmoor) against Billericay on 4 August .... Anyone goings :whistle: Thought not! So 12 cups of teas and a pasty for the Truro fans it is then - aside from the Truro fans you have to feel for the Truro players and the opposition having to play in a ghost stadium.

O'well it will be are turn next - ground share with Truro whilst to await Clarkes new stadium.

https://www.cornwalllive.com/sport/foot ... ns-1815100
ACW2IOW
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by ACW2IOW »

MellowYellow wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 14:24 Truro City to give unhappy fans refunds on season tickets following move to Torquay United's Plainmoor.

Truro must vacate Treyew Road by July 31st 2018, (nine days away.) to turn their ground into a Lidl Supermarket.

In response to their unhappy fans who will now have a 160 mile round trip if the wont to see their team play, Truro have said "We will say now that any person who has already purchased a season ticket for Treyew Road will be offered a full refund should they not wish to take up the opportunity of subsidised travel".

Truro first home match (plainmoor) against Billericay on 4 August .... Anyone goings :whistle: Thought not! So 12 cups of teas and a pasty for the Truro fans it is then - aside from the Truro fans you have to feel for the Truro players and the opposition having to play in a ghost stadium.

O'well it will be are turn next - ground share with Truro whilst to await Clarkes new stadium.

The Truro players seem to be quite happy with the arrangement - a fair few live nearer Torquay than Truro!
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

MellowYellow wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 14:24 Truro City to give unhappy fans refunds on season tickets following move to Torquay United's Plainmoor.

Perhaps...

....But it has been said within both club and council circles that no move from Plainmoor will happen until a new facility in Torquay is ready.

I am not sure this was ever the case down in Truro - although from reading some of the stuff circulating, the Truro ground debacle has been going on for some time.

Time to concentrate on and enjoy the footie, COYY
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

__quiet__gull wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 14:58 Perhaps...

....But it has been said within both club and council circles that no move from Plainmoor will happen until a new facility in Torquay is ready.
Thank you for the reassurance. There was me thinking that perhaps the ruling elite in common with Joseph Goebbels, believe, that if you tell a lie big enough, and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
__quiet__gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by __quiet__gull »

MellowYellow wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 16:00 Thank you for the reassurance. There was me thinking that perhaps the ruling elite in common with Joseph Goebbels, believe, that if you tell a lie big enough, and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it.
ok then...
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

yes lets concentrate on us, not their problems. feel sorry for them but not our issue. we have enough issues of our own.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

over 700 tickets were sold the last we heard.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Jerry wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 13:17 Good man Porky :)

800 is a cracking figure in the circumstances.
It shows how people will accept anything in the name of loyalty and highlights why CO can continue to live a charmed life and do as he pleases.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Burnhamgull wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 19:27 It shows how people will accept anything in the name of loyalty and highlights why CO can continue to live a charmed life and do as he pleases.
So you're suggesting nobody goes? Maybe people's love of the club outweighs their disdain for CO.

Love trumps hate ;-)
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

It obviously does and I wish you all well but I didn't renew this year because I need a break from the crap at Plainmoor.

I fear Truro will get their adequate stadium, then watch us ground share down there for a number of years. CO gets his real estate in TQ and Gordon Oliver gets first option on a property for his retirement.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by MellowYellow »

Burnhamgull wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 21:09 It obviously does and I wish you all well but I didn't renew this year because I need a break from the crap at Plainmoor.

I fear Truro will get their adequate stadium, then watch us ground share down there for a number of years. CO gets his real estate in TQ and Gordon Oliver gets first option on a property for his retirement.
Fear not! we shall not ground share at Truro in the future. The Stadium for Cornwall, first and foremost will be the Rugby venue for the Cornish Pirates with the local college and Truro City Football Club being tenants, even though a large proportion of the secured funds (£2m) have been through the sale of the football clubs ground which is being developed as a Lidl Supermarket.

Scepticism continues to grow as to whether the stadium will ever be built, This on the back of the continued thought that the stadium is not financially viable. 7 years after the idea had been first mooted, the money promised by the government (£3m) has not materialised.

So what is Truro's backstop - If all goes wrong with the Stadium for Cornwall? Merge with Torquay Utd? or relinquish their National League South status,and play local league football on a playing field in Cornwall?

The above said, the excitement of a new season ahead should not allow us to take our eyes of the ball with our Owners agenda for Plainmoor, a wrecking ball with a history of razing stadiums. Even Osborne's latest statement raises, once again, his vision for a new multi-event arena - the same one that none of our councillors know anything about! or so we are told!

We must, of course, continue to support our club, enjoy the, hopefully, successful coming season, but not at the expense of ignoring information that can help us because we are submissive to the ‘ostrich problem’ - in that we have a need to avoid negative thoughts about the future of our club.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

I don't understand why Truro aren't going to play at Mennaye Field while the new stadium is built - or are the Pirates being sent to groundshare with the Chiefs?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084