Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

We do need the big strong centre forward type player - perhaps Owers has someone in mind? I increasingly like the cut of the jib so far.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

DevonYellow wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 17:13 You're probably thinking of Morike Sako and the goal was a cracker against a Bristol club...Rovers.

Wiki gives him as 6 foot 7!!!
That’s the one, some knowledge was there but has been distorted over time!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Who the **** is Lloyd Gardiner? - no doubt he is "better" than anything we have and it is yet another "mistake".

Truro have also signed Tyler Harveys brother on a dual registration with Bodmin to play in goal and a centre half from Buckland Athletic. The also lost 0-6 to Exeter tonight.

I would suggest that had we signed any of these local yokels the pitchforks would have been out and Owers would have been burnt at the stake by now.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

arcadia wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 19:18 I see Truro have signed Lloyd Gardiner who has improved over the last few years and better than anything I seen Tuesday night.
Lloyd is quick ,strong and scores goals it could be a big mistake not signing him as it's from under our noses.
How is it "from under our noses"? We are signing full-time players whereas Truro are signing part timers. Chances are that anyone Truro sign has not even been considered by us, we are fishing in a completely different pool.

Whether this is a good idea or not is open to debate but I do wish people would stop insinuating that we have some how "lost out" to some other club whenever anyone is signed in this division. It's just a stick to beat the club with without any basis in reality.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by Porky »

This new French central defender. If he's any good on the ball do you think he may be better deployed as a target man? I remember Clint boulton playing up front on occasion in the 70s.
It always worries me when they say had experience of playing in France, what league?
I played in Israel doesn't mean I was any good!
Looks like I may be seeing him in the gym!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Porky wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 07:16 This new French central defender. If he's any good on the ball do you think he may be better deployed as a target man? I remember Clint boulton playing up front on occasion in the 70s.
It always worries me when they say had experience of playing in France, what league?
I played in Israel doesn't mean I was any good!
Looks like I may be seeing him in the gym!
I do wonder what some people on here are smoking sometimes. We sign a centre back and without even seeing him play you are suggesting we use him as a target man?!

Perhaps we should just sign someone who is actually a target man if it is needed?!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Porky »

According to Twitter he will be the worst defender in the national league south, so he may or may not end up playing up front. Stranger things have happened. Not smoking anything just putting it out there.
Porky
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Porky »

Wish I was going to Poole tomorrow.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Going by your absurd suggestion porky, i think you are definitely smoking something!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Maybe he's telling a porky :clap:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

m.youtube.com/watch?v=r6ELIEoigQg

Looks like he knows how to head a ball.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Better than you know how to post a link anyway :rofl:

Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 15:15 Better than you know how to post a link anyway :rofl:

I have a feeling his distribution out from the back will make Sean McGinty look like John Stones....
TUST member 328
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

He should fit right in then in the NLS!! Let's face it this league isn't going to blessed with ball playing defenders. Horses for courses...
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain

Post by Richinns »

sgf wrote: 13 Jul 2018, 17:40 He should fit right in then in the NLS!! Let's face it this league isn't going to blessed with ball playing defenders. Horses for courses...
If it brings promotion I am all for it!
TUST member 328