Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

With all due respect to Truro who did well to reach the play offs I don't see Gerring as a positive addition to an upwardly mobile team as he has far more weaknesses than strengths - whether he is Truros captain or not.

Carping about the result and performance of the first pre season friendly seems daft to me. Someone saying that he could run faster than Sokolik is just ludicrous. The bloke hasn't played for months due to sickness so what does anybody actually expect?

Do they really think that experienced players like Hall and Williams are going to running around like headless chickens? - no they will be treating it like a gentle run out and nothing more. Who knows what sort of team we will start the season with?

As for Gerring - good luck to him but I would suggest that anyone actually paying a transfer fee for his services is insane. Mind you Billericay's owner seems to be just that.

Tamplin appears as some sort of "Therapy" to have **** off to Thailand for six weeks and entered some sort of martial arts contest where he got his face rearranged and needed some facial surgery to correct his nose.

But this has made him a better person - what a feckin numpty he sounds.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Agree, but what's the betting Billericay finish above Torquay in the NLS next season?!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

budegull1954 wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 07:36 Agree, but what's the betting Billericay finish above Torquay in the NLS next season?!
You're predicting first and second?
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-j ... igns-tufc/

All I know about this player is that if you found him in bed with your wife you'd tuck him in!
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

View1 wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 15:50 https://www.torquayunited.com/signing-j ... igns-tufc/

All I know about this player is that if you found him in bed with your wife you'd tuck him in!
Agreed. Brick Shithouse.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

sgf wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 15:54 Agreed. Brick Shithouse.
Reckon this guy would take out Nicholson's tyre flipping record!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Is this the tallest squad we have ever had?
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Wasnt there a chap called John Pierre Simb who was 6"5 or something?!? Played midfield and scored a cracker against Bristol City I think but my mind may be playing tricks on me!

Jimmy Aggrey was tall too.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by View1 »

Just checked and Simb was a lot shorter than I remember!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Exodus was 6ft 5. Hope he has more football talent than him!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whilst Exodus had the turning circle of a shire horse looking at the picture of him on the bpir site whilst he looks massive he doesn't look like he is carrying any excess baggage for a big man.

Couple of imposing characters at the back if he is paired with Essuman. Didn't Sokolik play well as the holding midfielder in one game last season? - I can see Owers using him there.

Can't we loan Wiggy to Truro - they are short of defenders.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

brucie is right. Exodus Geoghegan turned up at the Turnbull Ground last season (with a Midland team, possibly Mickleover Sports or Rushall Olympic). He was terrible, and it struck me then that United must have been scraping the barrel.
I wonder if Torquay United will be drawn against Whitby Town in the FA Trophy this season. Incidentally, we have just lashed out our record fee of twelve thousand quid (yes, you read that right) for a midfielder/attacker from Blyth Spartans.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

View1 wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 16:13 Wasnt there a chap called John Pierre Simb who was 6"5 or something?!? Played midfield and scored a cracker against Bristol City I think but my mind may be playing tricks on me!

Jimmy Aggrey was tall too.
You're probably thinking of Morike Sako and the goal was a cracker against a Bristol club...Rovers.

Wiki gives him as 6 foot 7!!!
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

brucie wrote: 01 May 2018, 21:50 He is at Tiverton for a reason ie he isn't good enough. Anyway Levi Landrcombe is a daft name and that's where we have been going wrong.

What we need is to sign some players with good old English names. That's where we have been going wrong. We need a few decently named players. like John Smith, Micky Cave, Tommy Northcott, Alan Welsh, Mark Loram, Tommy Mitchinson, Reg Wyatt, John Benson, John Bond, Billy Kitchener.

That's why we used to have a good team with proper players with proper names.

And now you want to sign Brandon **** Goodship-Lollipop. Strewth do me a favour he won't be any good - he hasn't got a proper name.

You won't find a Jazzi Barnum Bob or Jose Mateu-Pinto amongst the proper players I have mentioned.

And you wonder why we got relegated. Guy Ganabouyou - he hopped off without a by your leave. Jennison Myrie-Williams. Double Barrelled Useless Tosser. Rory Fallon - I mean Rory. Friggin Nancy Boy name that is if ever there was one.

Even the manager has a proper name - so I'm hoping for better things next season. I mean no wonder Conrad Balatoni didn't last long - what sort of name is that?
I agree with Brucie's post a while ago. In addition to all the points he made, they use up all the rare letters in the club's Letraset box, and, with some of them, you would have to start down at the cuffs on one arm, go all the way over the back and down the other side. I should know, my surname has been described as a bad hand in Scrabble.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I see Truro have signed Lloyd Gardiner who has improved over the last few years and better than anything I seen Tuesday night.
Lloyd is quick ,strong and scores goals it could be a big mistake not signing him as it's from under our noses.