Torquay United vs Forest Green Rovers 10/7/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Does he 'know 'what it takes' ? '. Really good bloke I am sure he is but I scan his record across many clubs and I don't see that phrase tumling out at me. It's for that very reason I worry about what has to date been a pretty passive pre season. I really hope my fears prove totally groundless and I will very willingly eat vast quantities of humble pie.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Still early days yet. A few more weeks of tyre flipping and we'll be ready come August.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Milner33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruairi Keating

Post by Milner33 »

Bass 8/10- Played well with a poor defence
Wynter 3/10- Started the game badly lost the ball too much, but did start to get going at the end of the game
Essuman- 5/10 Didn't do much!
Soliolik- 4/10 Looked pretty dodgy needed more physicallity
Liam Davis- 9/10 Too good for this league played well as always
Jason Banton- 7/10 Looked exciting but didn't get the ball enough, good crossing
Trialist A- 2/10 Appalling please do not sign him
Asa Hall 2/10 Awful looked so slow and lethargic awful passing and vision and quite clearly not fit enough- did not like him
Samir Nabi 7/10 Did not see to much of him but exciting, good dribbling and nice finish
Reidy- 6/10 Inconsistent as usual started badly and then picked up, a couple of good dribbles
Brett Williams 6/10 didn't do anything special but looked pretty solid not many mistakes at all
Subs:
JP 6/10 Looked composed as always and put some effort in unlike Williams
Keating 6/10 Looked exciting and good headers as usual
Gowling 5/10 Looked weak in defence no real command
Macdonald 6/10 conceded a goal but apart from that was solid
Trialist B 6/10 Only saw 20 mins looked like he had a bit of flair
Trialist C 7/10 Looked like a handful for 10 mins

Overall: Poor performance, I understand that they are a much better side structure was lacking and so was fitness but a couple of promising glimpses going forward. Quite worried about the defence though!!
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

whats the league below conference south? think we need to look at that in all honesty, owers is utter shite.....

ill take any bets and i mean any with people who think we are going straight back up.... we have no chance in hell with him at the helm.

word is the experienced player we were going to sign has fallen through, another good bit of business. probably watched the shambles last night. the fact this useless little fat northerner was still on holiday last week is appalling, i thought everything was in place after our last league game? had targets, new the team he wanted......

get him out now
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Players change their minds at the last minute all the time. Have you ever heard of agents trying to get the best deals for their players?
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Have to say with an attendance of 396 why were all 4 sides open?

more stewards, more catering units open, more cost...

same old same old
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Dazza wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 14:23 Does he 'know 'what it takes' ? '.
I dont really know as I was parapharsing Owers.

We know at the end of last seasons debacle he refused to 'fall on his sword'.

Back in April he laid this claim “I am planning for next season, and I have been doing that for weeks and weeks'. and continued “The only way I can improve things is by doing what I am going to do, having my own players in, working the way I want to work..

So he has got all he wanted, his own full-time squad, a generous budget, improvements to the ground and training facilities and plentyy of time, since March, to get this season right for a promotion bid . ( How many regional football club managers got 4 months preparation time for this season?)

'I know what it takes'
he claims. So, in essence, pre-season is his honeymoon period because when that is over and the season of [s]Sunday Pub League [/s]'Regional' football starts he will have to deliver.

Therefore, to this end - In Gary with trust! :whistle:
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

MATCH "HIGHLIGHTS" :
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

aggrey_25 wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 15:28 whats the league below conference south? think we need to look at that in all honesty, owers is utter shite.....

ill take any bets and i mean any with people who think we are going straight back up.... we have no chance in hell with him at the helm.

word is the experienced player we were going to sign has fallen through, another good bit of business. probably watched the shambles last night. the fact this useless little fat northerner was still on holiday last week is appalling, i thought everything was in place after our last league game? had targets, new the team he wanted......

get him out now
He had a holiday??? Bloody nerve he's got I tell you. This may be far fetched but I'm going to guess he took something called a mobile phone with him. I could wrong

That aside, your shout to sack him after 1 friendly, against a team two leagues higher is a cracking shout.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Maybe you are right- but the guy has to come good at some stage otherwise he should be toast. I'll bet you he is given a long time before you smell any burning though- it's called politics....and lt comes from the very top.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I realise that it was only a fairly meaningless pre-season game, but doesn't it make you feel sad that we were beaten 4 - 1 at home by Forest Green? I didn't go last night, and I won't be going until there are changes at ownership and management level. Did i read somewhere that one of the new signings is injured already?? Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear ...........
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Christ its a friendly get over yourself - we have about nine new players. Any players can suffer pre season knocks and Bawling is expected to be back on Saturday. Absolute bollocks on here to be honest.
apgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Gritton

Post by apgull »

brucie wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 23:41 Christ its a friendly get over yourself - we have about nine new players. Any players can suffer pre season knocks and Bawling is expected to be back on Saturday. Absolute bollocks on here to be honest.
Can’t remember who it was against now but we stuffed one team 6-0 in pre-season this time last year. Fat load of good it did us.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

apgull wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 23:56 Can’t remember who it was against now but we stuffed one team 6-0 in pre-season this time last year. Fat load of good it did us.
It was Truro who went on to be play off contenders in the NLS. I only hope we find the rest of that division that easy.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

aggrey_25 wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 15:28 whats the league below conference south? think we need to look at that in all honesty, owers is utter shite.....

get him out now
Yes - trust a manager with the budget to build a squad and sack him after one (the first!) pre season friendly before he has even completed the recruitment.

Pre-season means nothing more than getting players fit and moulding different shapes and ideas. Results mean absolutely nothing.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/