Asa Hall

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Vincent Dorel

Asa Hall

Post by Nathan Strong »

31 year old, 6ft 2 midfielder Asa Hall signs from Barrow on a free transfer.

Whats everyones verdict on the new boy?
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I find it ironic that the manager has signed a player with the same name as his....
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
westbaygull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by westbaygull »

Richinns wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 13:42 I find it ironic that the manager has signed a player with the same name as his....
:clap:
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

westbaygull wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 07:37 :clap:
Do any Torquay United fans still actually post on this site?
Given the sheer amount of negativity you would think this was an anti-Gulls forum.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 11:51 Do any Torquay United fans still actually post on this site?
Given the sheer amount of negativity you would think this was an anti-Gulls forum.
I think they are fans who are battle weary and pissed off after 5 years of negativity and crap.

When something positive comes out of the club, I'm sure the posts will naturally become more positive too.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

Like a good run of results in the new season!
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

I agree with the replys. I don't trust the owner and i do not think Owers has got what it takes to get us promoted but with respect to that I am hoping i am wrong.
I think our main problem on field wise is that the owner is not a football man and doesn't understand the first thing about football. Hence the appointment of Owers who is not suited to national level football. Nevertheless we can all do without the puerile schoolboy insults such as the second posting this thread.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Most fans must be feeling pretty despondent at this point in time.
We are signing players that no one else wants - I can't see any need for secrecy about their identity prior to signing because I don't believe that there is a queue of other interested Clubs out there anxious to sign them.
Humour is needed to get us through the dark days and I both understood and appreciated why the second posting was made and the frustration that lay behind it.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

But you will get that form Richinns because he loves Kevin Nicholson, and apparently Gowling is his favourite player which shows what an Asa HAll Richinns actually is.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 14:08 But you will get that form Richinns because he loves Kevin Nicholson, and apparently Gowling is his favourite player which shows what an Asa HAll Richinns actually is.
You have waited days plotting a comeback to my recent post Terry and that is the best you have got Terry? Oh dear......!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Jack don't you mean we have got players nobody wants....like Gowling and Pittman.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

brucie wrote: 25 Jun 2018, 14:08 But you will get that form Richinns because he loves Kevin Nicholson, and apparently Gowling is his favourite player which shows what an Asa HAll Richinns actually is.
Aw, come off it, Brucie. Considering all your clever quips and insults over the years (which have amused me), you're only miffed because you didn't think of this one! My own view is that probably Geoff Harrop recommended the signing if you get my drift .......... ;-)
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

I haven’t posted for a while but lately I haven’t had anything to say because most threads have just become personal slanting matches between different members of the forum.

Can we please talk about the Asa Hall signing?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

drummergull90 wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 11:50 I haven’t posted for a while but lately I haven’t had anything to say because most threads have just become personal slanting matches between different members of the forum.

Can we please talk about the Asa Hall signing?
We could do!

What to say? with Luke Young being labelled by some as a 'bog average national league player' how does one describe a midfield journeyman on the better side of 31 ? As a 'regional' club I guess we will just have to be grateful for small mercies
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

MellowYellow wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 13:34 We could do!

What to say? with Luke Young being labelled by some as a 'bog average national league player' how does one describe a midfield journeyman on the better side of 31 ? As a 'regional' club I guess we will just have to be grateful for small mercies
What's Luke Young got to do with Asa Hall?