Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

cant say wolborough , but they are all having medicals. you will have to trust me on this one.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Any word on the positions they play?
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

NO Mate all I know is there are at least 3 players due to sign this week, got no names or positions, seems he doesn't want to attract attention to other clubs.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

Fair enough - will await news with anticipation!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Out of the three one has to think that there's a goalkeeper signing.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Zippy wrote: 24 Jun 2018, 20:06 NO Mate all I know is there are at least 3 players due to sign this week, got no names or positions, seems he doesn't want to attract attention to other clubs.
That's an interesting point and others would do well to take it on board when it comes to lambasting the club for lack of communication.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Like the rest of us I have taken to scouring the various newsboards for any news on Torquay signings. Absent-mindedly (usual at my age) I clicked on the 'all teams' button on the BBC Football website to see if there was any news there, only to find that Torquay United was no longer listed because the club is no longer in the top 5 divisions - a real wake-up call, as if we didn't need one already, that we are now a very minor club indeed. Meanwhile Salford City, who now get a slot in the team listings by virtue of their promotion to the National League, have signed some exciting players as well as appointing a very good manager in Graham Alexander who only recently was at the top end of League One with Scunthorpe United. How far we have fallen - the only way is up (I hope!). A few more signings this week to at least make a team would be very welcome indeed!
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Thinking about it - the mention of at least three players coming down but Owers saying he does not want to reveal names due to possible competition from other clubs suggests the players are not necessarily garaunteed to sign for us?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Wolborough wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 19:37 Thinking about it - the mention of at least three players coming down but Owers saying he does not want to reveal names due to possible competition from other clubs suggests the players are not necessarily garaunteed to sign for us?
Nobody is guaranteed until they sign on the dotted line. I don't see any problem with keeping negotiations quiet. If they sign, great, if not we are none the wiser
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Concur but maybe more sensible not to reveal such things until sealed? Bit concerned that (so far) there have been few signings was hoping our manager would have already sounded out such things and got agreements with potential signings rather than still having to be vague.
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Cruisinho »

Makes you wonder how many potential players have come down but thought better of it?

I also remember when we announced that Jo Kuffour(I think!) agreed to stay...only for him to sign elsewhere a few days later. So probably for the best no names are announced until all is done and dusted to avoid us looking any more amateur.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Cruisinho wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 20:57 Makes you wonder how many potential players have come down but thought better of it?

I also remember when we announced that Jo Kuffour(I think!) agreed to stay...only for him to sign elsewhere a few days later. So probably for the best no names are announced until all is done and dusted to avoid us looking any more amateur.
An impossible task
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

According to DevonLive two "very good' keepers could be about to sign. Owers is reported as saying there will be three new signings by the end of the week - that should include two outfield players and a keeper.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

Cruisinho wrote: 26 Jun 2018, 20:57 Makes you wonder how many potential players have come down but thought better of it?

Brentford I think. Agreed while on holiday and was supposed to come to Plainmoor when he got back to sign. If memory serves correctly Leroy was at Brentford by this time and managed to collar him at Heathrow to take the Eastbound route on the M4 rather than west...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Cruisinho »

One of the keepers could possibly be McCormick? I know it was mentioned on here previously, but it would not surprise me.