I want Gowling to stay....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

👋.
goody2449
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: luke Young

Post by goody2449 »

Burnhamgull wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 20:08 It seems Gowling is precious as well as attention seeking. He's blocked me on Twitter for suggesting that he shouldn't bring his dispute with the employer onto social media but, instead, deal with it direct with them.

Now he's removed the tweet apparently.

What a complete prick. :lol:
He’s done the same to me too why open yourself up to debate if you can’t Handle people having differing opinions, too precious, not mentally capable of playing in this league, was crap last season when he could be bothered to play, what sort of footballer can’t okay in 4g??? Considering the team train occasionally at TA
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

brucie wrote: 22 Jun 2018, 21:59 And I wonder what Richinns now has to say about starting this idiotic thread - talk about ending up with egg all over your face.!!
Firstly - may I say how truly impressed I am that you are able to type in the dark Terry - what with your head being so far up Mr Merse's rear end!

Secondly - I stand by my post. Seemingly you (and a selection of others playing follow my leader) are supporting the word of the club who are now in the hands of a soulless property developer and a clueless general manager. It seems lost on you that (despite significantly better financial support that what was afforded to the previous incumbent) this puppet manager and his dog got us easily relegated to a regional football level. It also seems lost to you there is a definitive effort to take the heart out of the club and run it as a cold and calculated beast. The Gowling situation illustrates this to me and you only have to see this is firmly backed up by many examples including the shocking treatment of Gareth Law and the fact no decent person who cares about TUFC is willing to step into this 'local board' the club had and continue to promise but are still yet to provide.

What is clear (and makes me both further frustrated and depressed with the currrent situation) is a now significant group of 'supporters' prefer to stoke the fire as the club slowly burns to nothing as it suits their agenda of ego stroking rather than actually providing the support needed to try to keep the club alive.
Last edited by Richinns on 23 Jun 2018, 07:52, edited 4 times in total.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

Looks like brucie needs support. Don't worry, brucie, I'm here!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I think the Gowling situation shows both sides in a poor light but Rich is right about Gareth Laws, the club were showing their true colours there for sure. Let's not kid ourselves, anyone dreaming of a promotion run is deluding themselves.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Richinns wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 07:36 Firstly - may I say how truly impressed I am that you are able to type in the dark Terry - what with your head being so far up Mr Merse's rear end!

Secondly - I stand by my post. Seemingly you (and a selection of others playing follow my leader) are supporting the word of the club who are now in the hands of a soulless property developer and a clueless general manager. It seems lost on you that (despite significantly better financial support that what was afforded to the previous incumbent) this puppet manager and his dog got us easily relegated to a regional football level. It also seems lost to you there is a definitive effort to take the heart out of the club and run it as a cold and calculated beast. The Gowling situation illustrates this to me and you only have to see this is firmly backed up by many examples including the shocking treatment of Gareth Law and the fact no decent person who cares about TUFC is willing to step into this 'local board' the club had and continue to promise but are still yet to provide.

What is clear (and makes me both further frustrated and depressed with the currrent situation) is a now significant group of 'supporters' prefer to stoke the fire as the club slowly burns to nothing as it suits their agenda of ego stroking rather than actually providing the support needed to try to keep the club alive.
I would suggest more people are angry at Gowling, rather than supporting the regime.

Him spouting his mouth off on social media was never going to end well. The only support I have seen is people supporting the view that they club were not required to give him leave for a funeral for someone who was not a direct relative. To my knowledge, this is pretty standard practice.

Don't confuse anger at him as support for CO etc
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

YES it was probably not the most sensible thing to write on social media, YES it would have been better to deal with it internally. BUT these insults and comments are just nonsensical. I've seen insults on here, BTPIR, and Twitter, they are all getting rather personal and, at best, irrelevant.

During the season, the forums and social media, apart from a few, were in agreement that Gowling was our best centre back, he was a calm head in the back line and was a decent, experienced leader on the pitch, have we all forgotten this? Injury problems are always going to come along with a 34 year old player who has been playing professional football since 2002, That much experience is going to come with compromises.

Also, since this debate is questioning the maturity and professionalism of Gowling's attitude, calling him an 'utter knob' and a 'complete prick' is, apart from being unnecessarily personal, a bit hypocritical isn't it?

Aside from all this, a few of you are suggesting that Gowling's tweet was dishonest and not factually correct. I'm surprised that with CO and GH's track record, you're ready to believe their side instantly and not question it from the player's point of view at all. To me, it sounds exactly like something they'd do.

Have we ever considered that Gowling HAD tried to resolve this internally, but wasn't getting anywhere so he had to force a response? Or, does he see himself as a whistle blower type figure, trying to let the fans know what sort of stuff is really going on behind the scenes?
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Then why delete it.

I don't know who is correct in their facts in this matter but once he posted it, the damage was done. If he felt strong enough to post something he felt was factually correct, why take it down?

Either way, I'd be surprised to see him in a Torquay shirt again which was made the long term aim
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

sgf wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 11:16 Then why delete it.
He was asked to delete it by his employers.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

Goose9 wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 11:29 He was asked to delete it by his employers.
I refer to my previous question
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

Is that answer not good enough for you? Please elaborate.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

When I consider Gowlings tweet about this funeral alongside his tweet to Klukowski, I don't see a heroic whistle blower rather an embittered employee.
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

I think this now needs to be put to bed, the guy was in the wrong the club are not at fault here. as for Mr law seems he is now taking over as physio at the Cornishmen down by the Tamar!
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Surely the players we have under contract aren't due back until July. So unless there is a delay in the funeral, I don't understand the rant from Gowling. Either way this should have been sorted out in the dressing room as such. If the club or owners where so insensitive , let's remember Higgins. They looked after him. Gowling to me has **** up big Time and tbh should be ashamed as we need all players geared up for promotion, we don't need bad wood. Get rid asap.
Lucy
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Goose9 wrote: 23 Jun 2018, 10:56 YES it was probably not the most sensible thing to write on social media, YES it would have been better to deal with it internally. BUT these insults and comments are just nonsensical. I've seen insults on here, BTPIR, and Twitter, they are all getting rather personal and, at best, irrelevant.

During the season, the forums and social media, apart from a few, were in agreement that Gowling was our best centre back, he was a calm head in the back line and was a decent, experienced leader on the pitch, have we all forgotten this? Injury problems are always going to come along with a 34 year old player who has been playing professional football since 2002, That much experience is going to come with compromises.

Also, since this debate is questioning the maturity and professionalism of Gowling's attitude, calling him an 'utter knob' and a 'complete prick' is, apart from being unnecessarily personal, a bit hypocritical isn't it?

Aside from all this, a few of you are suggesting that Gowling's tweet was dishonest and not factually correct. I'm surprised that with CO and GH's track record, you're ready to believe their side instantly and not question it from the player's point of view at all. To me, it sounds exactly like something they'd do.

Have we ever considered that Gowling HAD tried to resolve this internally, but wasn't getting anywhere so he had to force a response? Or, does he see himself as a whistle blower type figure, trying to let the fans know what sort of stuff is really going on behind the scenes?
:goodpost: