Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Exeter released Liam McAlinden.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Way out of our league I suspect!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Truro's top scorer Cody Cooke is on the radar according to DevonLive.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

Supposedly Truro are potentially considering signing pitman and have made an offer for brunt
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

nickbrod wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 16:15 Truro's top scorer Cody Cooke is on the radar according to DevonLive.
He’ll be likely setting his sights higher, but a good season in NLS just had.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

Northampton gull wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 16:32 Supposedly Truro are potentially considering signing pitman and have made an offer for brunt
Pittman off the books would be good, if there is anything in this.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Tommy O'Sullivan to return?
CP Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by CP Gull »

I see the Herald Express are linking us with a possible move for free agent and former loanee Tommy O’Sullivan.

Quite surprised by this, as I thought he was one of our least effective loan signings last season and hardly seemed to feature much under Owers either! He only made five starts + two substitute appearances ... out of a possible 19 when he was here, and I don’t recall injuries playing any part in his non selection?

Some ability on the ball perhaps, but very lightweight!

Perhaps a sign that desperation is setting in?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

I'm waiting on the signings of some experienced players.
O'Sullivan had a really good game in the snow at Solihull but then lost his place when Barnes was preferred to Efete for some reason.
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

CP Gull wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 12:06 I see the Herald Express are linking us with a possible move for free agent and former loanee Tommy O’Sullivan.

Quite surprised by this, as I thought he was one of our least effective loan signings last season and hardly seemed to feature much under Owers either! He only made five starts + two substitute appearances ... out of a possible 19 when he was here, and I don’t recall injuries playing any part in his non selection?

Some ability on the ball perhaps, but very lightweight!

Perhaps a sign that desperation is setting in?
I thought part of the reason O'Sullivan didn't feature was due to five loan players in a squad limit when we had seven at the club at any given time.
He always had an eye for a pass, and if you could bulk him up a bit he might become a genuine Football League quality player.
Last edited by Bomber on 13 Jun 2018, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

Suspect Owers will grab whoever is prepared to come to Torquay!
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

I'd be amazed if O'Sullivan wanted to come back here! Does no-one else remember his first game at Plainmoor where he ran around like a fanny, lost the ball, and then ducked out of two tackles in a row before we conceded? He was subbed off in the second half, and came off on the Popside touchline rather than via the bench. He was then soundly booed/verbally abused by the majority of fans in the popside/family stand on his long walk back to the benche, where he sat slumped with his coat over his head!

His performance was terrible, but it was hard to watch a young player get destroyed like that by fans. Although he showed some creative promise, I wouldn't take him back, as I can't imagine there's too much room for flouncy creative players in the NLS, unless they're prepared to put their neck on the line and go in for tackles. There's a bit of time yet, but it's certainly not looking like we're going all out for promotion based on our current targets.
View1
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by View1 »

Regardless of this if its his only option to remain as a full time professional footballer he may have no choice.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

View1 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 14:40 Regardless of this if its his only option to remain as a full time professional footballer he may have no choice.
Would you/we want him back is the question.....or are we out of 'other' options.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

All this is based on speculation following a story on DevonLive. Let's wait for the facts.ie actual signings.