I want Gowling to stay....

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If Gowling and Pittman are fit and willing then use them, they're on the pay roll anyway. I don't know what the issue with Pittman was last season but the season before his strike rate was a goal every two games at Harrogate in the NLN.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

I though pitman looked fairly decent in the one game that I actually saw him play in ...that was v guisley. Ok we lost ECT but he did look he had something about him. If he is in contract we just aswell use him best we can if no one else comes in for him
frenchgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tommy northcott

Post by frenchgull »

I would have Gowling to stay as he is a professional footballer with loads of experience .At the moment we seem to be importing NLS wannabees with "potential"!!.at least with Gowling we have expierence.OK ,at his age there is allways the possibility of injuries,but you can not beat experience.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

frenchgull wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 19:02 I would have Gowling to stay as he is a professional footballer with loads of experience .At the moment we seem to be importing NLS wannabees with "potential"!!.at least with Gowling we have expierence.OK ,at his age there is allways the possibility of injuries,but you can not beat experience.
" there is always the possibility of injuries " :clap: gowling is a liability.
Lucy
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

lucy6lucy wrote: 10 Jun 2018, 19:23 " there is always the possibility of injuries " :clap: gowling is a liability.
I’m not disagreeing with you but bear in mind his other qualities. When he played out points ratio was significantly better that when he didn’t. He has some leadership qualities and experience which at this level may prove less a liability than the youthful signings we’ve made thus far. If he wants to stay then I would 100% keep him as he is a decent player IMO .. assuming he is fit of course...
Cruisinho
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by Cruisinho »

Has anybody else seen Gowling’s latest tweet? Apparently he was told if he went to his friend’s father’s funeral he would be fined?
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Cruisinho wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 17:11 Has anybody else seen Gowling’s latest tweet? Apparently he was told if he went to his friend’s father’s funeral he would be fined?
Before all the chest beating starts, a word of caution. How many of you have employers that would give you a day off for every funeral that you ask to go to? In my experience you can expect compassionate leave from an employer for close family funerals, but would have to take a day’s leave for any others.
leetufc
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by leetufc »

gullintwoplaces wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 17:52 Before all the chest beating starts, a word of caution. How many of you have employers that would give you a day off for every funeral that you ask to go to? In my experience you can expect compassionate leave from an employer for close family funerals, but would have to take a day’s leave for any others.
Agree with you, most places would not give you the day off paid, but most places of work would let you have it off in my experience either as holiday or unpaid, not fine you for going. Depends what the fine is, if its one days wage, then fair, if it is a week or more, that is poor.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

It's usually just immediate family members that your allowed to take day off to attend. My uncle died 2 years ago and although he was my last uncle and was close to him my employer said I had no right to miss work for it. That's how it is these days. I still went anyhow
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Anyhow when is funeral ?? Assumed pre season was a bit off yet.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Whatever the whys and wherefores - is this something that he needs to tweet about in any case?
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

footballers of today are too bloody soft, any employer would only allow you to go to a family funeral.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

Another example of the namby Pamby culture. Why air your dirty linen in public???

Poor lad, feel really sorry for him.

Pay him off. Get rid.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by budegull1954 »

The problem with Gowling tweeting something like this, which is a very personal matter, is only going to create bad feeling between hinself and the management - hardly an ideal situation before the season even starts. If I was Gary Owers I would be seriously thinking of advising the club's hierarchy to terminate his contract. We really do not need a bad apple in the camp if we are to mount a serious promotion bid. It doesn't sound as if Gowling even needs the salary he draws at the club, as it seems he owns a car hire business on the side.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by sgf »

He had no need to post it. It's probably all part of a game to get the club to pay him off.

He could have just gone and swallowed the fine instead he has shown himself in a bad light. I am no fan of the hierarchy but they are quite within their rights to say no.

He needs a reality check.