Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Briangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Briangull »

FFS lets drop the whole Nicholson debate, He had 2 years to put together a half decent team and he did not do it. Did he do an ok job yes he kept us up for 2 straight years . But just barley and his recruitment this past year was shit. Just because Owers is shit also does not make Nicholson achieving the bare minimum required a saint. Nicholson = not good Owers = not good (so far) . Why is this so hard to figure out . If anything we should be longing for the days of Martin Ling it has been downward spiral ever since his sacking.
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by MrTee75 »

I'm picking up on fans out there who were or are Anti Nicho,not sure as to why really,but best to move on,I see Owers has made a signing a few weeks ago,Bobson Bawling,has anyone looked into his injury record??,surely he isn't signing injury prone players is he?,Has fans out there not got any gumption or brains to ask themselves this-maybe Nicho signed up who he did as that's pretty much as good as it got/what we were left with,if anyone in there right mind thinks Owers is going to recruit 15players to get a squad together,and get us up is living in Dreamland,also,it's probably already been noted,but I see he wants to keep most of Nichos signings to help us get back up, Guiseley the season before,and Solihull this season showed that after bad starts you CAN stay up,Owers recruitment/loans were awful,to little to late..
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

MrTee75 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 07:46 I'm picking up on fans out there who were or are Anti Nicho,not sure as to why really,but best to move on,I see Owers has made a signing a few weeks ago,Bobson Bawling,has anyone looked into his injury record??,surely he isn't signing injury prone players is he?,Has fans out there not got any gumption or brains to ask themselves this-maybe Nicho signed up who he did as that's pretty much as good as it got/what we were left with,if anyone in there right mind thinks Owers is going to recruit 15players to get a squad together,and get us up is living in Dreamland,also,it's probably already been noted,but I see he wants to keep most of Nichos signings to help us get back up, Guiseley the season before,and Solihull this season showed that after bad starts you CAN stay up,Owers recruitment/loans were awful,to little to late..
There are people on here with plenty of brains and gumption. They have just decided to move on from what is a pointless debate.

Most sensible people are saying wait and see what squad Owers puts together then judge him.

You are clearly trying to bait people in to an argument about Nicholson but you are 12 months too late. Back then you would have had plenty of arguments. Now, people are looking forward with interest not back with some false ideology like you
Last edited by sgf on 03 Jun 2018, 09:07, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

MrTee75, you're questioning the gumption and the brain power of some fans, yet you don't seem to have the gumption or brains to realise, there's a world of difference between some one whos critical of Nicho's management record, and someone whos anti-Nicho, and there is a difference.

Personally, like many have spoken to Nicho when he was a player, and manager, there's no doubting Nicho is a thoroughly decent, nice and likeable man, he's not just one of the nice guys in football, he's one of the nice guys in life.

Do I think he's was a good manager, or the right man for TUFC, no, he was gord darn awful. He drove the bus and took on duties that not many other professional managers would have done 'so what' former England striker James Beattie paid Accrington Stanley's tax bill whilst manager of that club, can't show any greater commitment to a football club you work for than that, didn't stop him from being dog turd as their manager, or losing his job.

You say Owers wants to keep most of Nicho signings, really ? he's offered new contracts to Dorel and Williams, Dorel not signed by Nicho, Williams a player Nicho let go, he's also offered contracts to McGinty, Davis and Keating, so three of Nicho's signings constitute 'most'

Bawling has only ever had one injury break from football.

Just add, I don't get why some of fans want to celebrate failure, Nicho failed, he got his second chance, and it was obvious to those with gumption and brains he was leading us straight down the same road again, Owers to date has also failed, he's getting the same second chance, it's up to him now to prove us wrong, lets hope he does.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

sgf wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 08:25 Most sensible people are saying what and see what squad Owers puts together then judge him.

You are clear trying to bait people in to an argument about Nicholson but you are 12 months too late. Back then you would have had plenty of arguments. Now, people are looking forward with interest not back with some false ideology like you
100 % spot on sgf, I'm keeping my powder dry on Owers, lets wait and see, brought a seaosn ticket for the upcoming season also, as I'm looking forward also.
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

At last - a posting with sensible, measured comments; well said.
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MrTee75 »

Not on the wined-up or trying to bait,just have my views,and I believe in them,like I say,I don't want to have an argument with anyone,esp via a keyboard to people I don't know,I have enough arguments with my wife!!,.I think when we have a few seasons in NLS fans will realise that Nicho wasn't that bad after all,by the way,I'm not lauding him as a "great" he wasn't,but given his situation he did a good job,that's all.Owers needs to call all his NLS experience and use that,and he needs to sign solid/experienced pro's.We all all TUFC fans,and I want the best for the club,we all do,o really want to be wrong,but Owers instills zero confidence in me, I'll still get behind the team though.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

MrTee75 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 08:54 Not on the wined-up........
Quite a few controversial comments on here are when people are wined up, though surely that would not be the case so early on a Sunday morning ;-)
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

MrTee75 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 08:54 Not on the wined-up or trying to bait,just have my views,and I believe in them,like I say,I don't want to have an argument with anyone,esp via a keyboard to people I don't know,I have enough arguments with my wife!!,.I think when we have a few seasons in NLS fans will realise that Nicho wasn't that bad after all,by the way,I'm not lauding him as a "great" he wasn't,but given his situation he did a good job,that's all.Owers needs to call all his NLS experience and use that,and he needs to sign solid/experienced pro's.We all all TUFC fans,and I want the best for the club,we all do,o really want to be wrong,but Owers instills zero confidence in me, I'll still get behind the team though.
You are missing the point. It won't matter about Nicholson whatever league we are in. It's no wonder you argue with the wife if you keep dragging the past up. Leave her if you're not happy.
mersebtpir

Post by mersebtpir »

forevertufc wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 08:44 .....there's a world of difference between some one whos critical of Nicho's management record, and someone whos anti-Nicho, and there is a difference. Personally, like many have spoken to Nicho when he was a player, and manager, there's no doubting Nicho is a thoroughly decent, nice and likeable man, he's not just one of the nice guys in football, he's one of the nice guys in life...
Do I think he's was a good manager, or the right man for TUFC, no
Exactly; too many want to interpret critical opinion as personal dislike. I would echo those views on Nicholson the man; but Nicholson the manager was only ever going to keep us at the same level ~ and that's NOT an endorsement of Owers!
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MrTee75 »

SGF, believe me,I have thought about it,but she's the mummof our kids,plus deep down,I love her,very sloppy I know!, enough is enough,I'm not missing any point,no matter what club you support,you probably wish you had the times under a different manager/era (unless your a man city fan),I'm allowed to think Nicho did a good job in really hard times,that's the top and bottom of it.He wasn't Marcello Lippi was he,of course he wasn't,he was a very solid pro,and a rookie manager who worked (for his 1st job) in the game well to keep us going,that's the size of it.Merse or whatever your called,you crack me up!!!,you got a Mrs/wife,or maybe a blow up doll?,don't talk smack!!
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

MrTee75 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 07:46 I'm picking up on fans out there who were or are Anti Nicho,not sure as to why really,but best to move on,I see Owers has made a signing a few weeks ago,Bobson Bawling,has anyone looked into his injury record??,surely he isn't signing injury prone players is he?,Has fans out there not got any gumption or brains to ask themselves this-maybe Nicho signed up who he did as that's pretty much as good as it got/what we were left with,if anyone in there right mind thinks Owers is going to recruit 15players to get a squad together,and get us up is living in Dreamland,also,it's probably already been noted,but I see he wants to keep most of Nichos signings to help us get back up, Guiseley [highlight=yellow]the season before,and Solihull this season showed that after bad starts you CAN stay up,Owers recruitment/loans were awful,to little to late..
[/highlight]
As Forevertufc has alluded to, hes not wanting to keep that many of his players....
Also, with regard to Guiseley, they managed to stay up through blatant cheating in one game - had they not got a result doing that they would have been relegated then. With regard to Solihull, who were dire at the time and bottom of the league - the thing that saved them was the fact that they employed a proven manager at NL level which ensured their survival - of course we had to wait 4 weeks for a manager with none - who then proceeded to bring in 22 players....
That was the difference.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

mersebtpir

Post by mersebtpir »

MrTee75 wrote: 03 Jun 2018, 09:34Merse or whatever your called,you crack me up!!!,you got a Mrs/wife,or maybe a blow up doll?,don't talk smack!!
I don't run one any more; I just use other people's ;-)
MrTee75
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MrTee75 »

Merse-for sure,of course you do,thanks for that.Crikey,I only joined yesterday,I mention Nicho,and it all seems to be going off.Gonna move on now.Anyone got ANY news or rumours on potential new signings coming in to the club?.on a different subject,find it strange john askey (Mr Macclesfield) gets them up and leaves them,esp after doing the job he did.
moldroadred
Trialist
Trialist

Post by moldroadred »

merse btpir wrote: 02 Jun 2018, 07:46 Takes a lot of courage to move so far from “home”?

You're having a laugh aren't you? It's what footballers do unless they originate from one of the centres of the game. He's a big boy now; a partner and a kid and needs to man up and move away from mum and dad which he's made the commitment to do in order to secure some income for the next two years; which again is what footballers need to do in order to survive.
Thanks for the in depth analysis. :-D
I of course should have said committed as opposed to courage.
Best of luck next season but as York City found out every team in the NLS will see you as THE scalp.
Sorry to take up time on your board.