Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 31 May 2018, 19:45Well the one thing we understand is McGinty has been fobbing Owers off for weeks. If that’s the case and the deadline has passed that makes Owers credibility as someone who says what he means etc plummet even further. But to be fair to him it may not have been him setting the deadline within the club .
You don't sound as if you are aware that ALL National League contracts stipulate that any player on one has until the last day of May to respond to offers of re-engagement.

Only a fool would fail to take the utmost advantage of that in order to secure themself of the very best alternatives available. Young decided to cut his ties so he did; the other three are obviously in possession of their offers from the club and are keeping their powder dry until they no longer can. There's nothing wrong with that; it's neither of the club's or the manager's making and only if those three players can decide if they're satisfied that their offers are the best for them and nobody can expect an early decision from them.
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

Just a statement but iffy Allen has been released from Bromley I wreckon that he could do well for us in the division we now find ourselves in depending all on how is attitude is
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

Davis is the key player for me to resign, him in that league will be immense, he is a class above the rest of them
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

Northampton gull wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 02:03 Just a statement but iffy Allen has been released from Bromley I wreckon that he could do well for us in the division we now find ourselves in depending all on how is attitude is
I think he would be a great player at NLS level but as you rightly point out there was an issue regarding his application and attitude (which I have heard from more that one source at the club).With that type of player it can often be the case of finding the manager who can get the spark out of them...whether GO would be the man to do that I do not know!
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

aggrey_25 wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 10:43 Davis is the key player for me to resign, him in that league will be immense, he is a class above the rest of them
You could see his quality above the other players in the National League for certain!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

As I understand it those players who had contract offers are now out of contract and therefor are no longer being paid. How long can any player go without any income?
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

There's no doubt Davies cuts an impressive figure with his physique, silky-smooth running and the manner in which he keeps himself fit after that farcical arrival when he'd obviously not been given a medical nor (it would seem) been put under critical scrutiny by the now departed management and their head of medical.....

Gary Owers said to me after his debut at Dagenham, that this was a footballer who should never be playing below the Football League and I agree; he has all the attributes. But I would love to see the stats on his productivity when going forward, because to me there appears to be very little end product to his endeavours and I can think of at least half a dozen other such left wing-backs with far better effectiveness when delivering the final ball AND who can recover more quickly and get back to defending when play breaks down; and I would be surprised if any of them would command the sort of salary he can.

But let's be positive here; the manager rates him enough to want to re-engage him and I'm told he has moved down to the area from Northampton; so I would reckon there is a greater than fifty-fifty chance he will be re-signing
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Vincent Dorel

Post by Nathan Strong »

Liam davis is very underrated, he's also brilliant going forward and brings power and pace combined when he goes on a run defenders can not get it off him when he gets going, hopefully he signs on will be good to have that sort of physicality in the depths of non league were our players will no doubt be kicked all over the place.
moldroadred
Trialist
Trialist

Post by moldroadred »

brucie wrote: 29 May 2018, 17:13 Probably not good enough to get a league club. As you say Wrexham is a pretty weird place to go and its the arse end of nowhere. Still it seems he wanted to play for a big club and as they terminally under achieve he should fit in really well there.
Arse end of nowhere? LOL
20 minutes from motorway network
40 minutes from both Liverpool and Manchester and their airports

Seriously, takes a lot of courage to move so far from “home”, hope his mrs doesn’t get homesick.
Know he’s had injury problems but he’s been your player of the season for the last couple of years. What type of player are we getting?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

Nathan Strong wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 11:44 Liam davis is very underrated, he's also brilliant going forward and brings power and pace combined when he goes on a run defenders can not get it off him when he gets going, hopefully he signs on will be good to have that sort of physicality in the depths of non league were our players will no doubt be kicked all over the place.
In my opinion Davis flatters to deceive. Yes he can bomb up the wing to the opposition penalty area but what then is his end result? How many goals did he score last season? How many assists? He's certainly an athlete. If he was that good why wasn't he playing in the EFL last season?
If you want decent wing backs who can attack the opposition and create and score goals then the squad needs the equivalent of Gurney and Gibbs.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Nathan Strong wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 11:44 Liam davis is very underrated, he's also brilliant going forward and brings power and pace combined when he goes on a run defenders can not get it off him when he gets going, hopefully he signs on will be good to have that sort of physicality in the depths of non league were our players will no doubt be kicked all over the place.
Wouldnt contest his power/pace

However he isn't that great going forward, his crossing last season can only be described as woeful

An attribute i would rate highly for a wing-back!
brooker
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Super Rene Howe

Post by brooker »

To be honest I thought Davis was a mixed bag, great physique and forward thinking, but extremely left footed and sometimes lacking in end product. I have no doubts that he'd be great in the NLS, but it's irrelevant as he really didn't get on with GO and so won't be re-signing. Iffy Allen could do a job also, but his attitude is a bit sketchy and he hated being so far away from London.
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Nathan Strong »

TUST_Member_Rob wrote: 01 Jun 2018, 14:00 Wouldnt contest his power/pace

However he isn't that great going forward, his crossing last season can only be described as woeful

An attribute i would rate highly for a wing-back!
I agree end product not great but hopefully he will improve in the summer and the drop in quality will flatter his crossing ability a bit more hahah
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Nathan Strong »

Anyone else get frustrated with McGinty's inability to keep the ball on the deck? I understand you have to clear the ball now and again everyone does it but it seems whenever he is on the ball he feels the need to hoof the ball every single time and instantly surrenders possession putting us under pressure again, i know sometimes you have to do it when you are under pressure from opposition defenders but he feels the need to do it every time!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by nickbrod »

If neither Davis nor McGinty didn't re-sign it wouldn't be the end of the world. Starting afresh with new players, even if they take a while to gel, is what's needed.
The team needs leaders - certainly a captain who inspires and leads preferably a horrible mid-field player who can " mix it".
Now we're into June we ought to start seeing some signings.