Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Vincent Dorel

Post by Nathan Strong »

Luke deserves it he could of left us but has stayed through all these relegation scraps and always gave his all, team player and a player with significant potential, could maybe see him pushing for championship standard in the next few seasons but whatever happens I wish him all the best.
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

I thought that those players Owers wished to retain were given a deadline of 25th May (?) to respond to the new offers.
Does anyone know what the current position is with those who have not yet committed or has Owers allowed his deadline to be moved on - thereby weakening his position?

Unless I have missed something I believe the current list is:
Young - Gone
Williams - re-signed
McGinty - yet to commit
Keating - yet to commit
Davis - yet to commit
Dorel - yet to commit
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Nathan Strong wrote: 30 May 2018, 19:24 Luke deserves it he could of left us but has stayed through all these relegation scraps and always gave his all, team player and a player with significant potential, could maybe see him pushing for championship standard in the next few seasons but whatever happens I wish him all the best.
He needs to get a move on then; he's 24 now!

When you see other National League players moving up to the Football League ~ Chester FC Academy graduate Tom Crawford has made the move to the Football League after signing for League Two side Notts County, the outstanding Bruno Andrade has moved from Boreham Wood to Lincoln and Harry Pritchard,the Maidenhead United winger, who scored 13 times from midfield last season, is now a Blackpool player and he follows Sam Barrett out of the club, with the midfielder moving to League One club Southend... Young came nowhere near scoring thirteen times did he; and so you have to question the validity of all the hype regarding a player who has never actually achieved success ~ if he had been anything approaching Dave Thomas's, Ross Reid's and Guy Henderson's sycophantic notions of him he wouldn't be staying in the National League would he?

Another 'comfort zone' move for Young Luke!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

There's no hype around Young, just recognition that he's a hell of a lot better than the mummy's boy insults you hurl at him 😉
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Gloomy Gull wrote: 31 May 2018, 10:20 I thought that those players Owers wished to retain were given a deadline of 25th May (?) to respond to the new offers.
Does anyone know what the current position is with those who have not yet committed or has Owers allowed his deadline to be moved on - thereby weakening his position?

Unless I have missed something I believe the current list is:
Young - Gone
Williams - re-signed
McGinty - yet to commit
Keating - yet to commit
Davis - yet to commit
Dorel - yet to commit
There has been no player news (other than the Young exit confirmation) for over two weeks now....it does make you wonder considering Owers stated he was actively recruiting for the upcoming season before last season even ended! Indeed - he has only recruited one 'new' player since that time. Of course we do not know what is happening behind the scenes but the assumption things are not going as planned is the obvious one at this point!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Mr Merse will still be droning on about Young and Nicholson next season
Nathan Strong
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Vincent Dorel

Post by Nathan Strong »

Well I think obviously as of recent he has not been the best but you can see it in him that he has that footballing brain and I think if he gets his head down and starts grafting hard he could maybe make it, I think playing in below average teams very year has stumped his development and overall made him look allot worse than he actually is, obviously he is gonna have to improve allot if he to even dream of reaching the championship but anything is possible he has the mentals he just needs to improve his technicals and move up the leagues and learn off better players and coaches who are gonna further his development better than we ever could.
northlondongull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by northlondongull »

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before but what are the chances of an Efete return?:

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-ci ... -1-5504687

He seemed to like the club and performed well for us.

Equally, what about Axel Óskar Andrésson - in my view he did not perform well for us but he certainly seemed to cut it for GO in the NLS previously.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

The club has offered him something, he'll no doubt be getting interest elsewhere though.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Goose9 wrote: 31 May 2018, 17:39 The club has offered him something, he'll no doubt be getting interest elsewhere though.
By 'him' do you mean Efete? Or Andresson?
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Wolborough »

No chance of either - will play at higher level.
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

nickbrod wrote: 31 May 2018, 18:32 By 'him' do you mean Efete? Or Andresson?
Efete
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Richinns wrote: 31 May 2018, 11:03 There has been no player news (other than the Young exit confirmation) for over two weeks now....it does make you wonder considering Owers stated he was actively recruiting for the upcoming season before last season even ended! Indeed - he has only recruited one 'new' player since that time. Of course we do not know what is happening behind the scenes but the assumption things are not going as planned is the obvious one at this point!
Well the one thing we understand is McGinty has been fobbing Owers off for weeks. If that’s the case and the deadline has passed that makes Owers credibility as someone who says what he means etc plummet even further. But to be fair to him it may not have been him setting the deadline within the club . And on that basis if Hedges or Harrop are involved then the whole promised deadline thing is a complete cluster and the usual lack of PR is a smoking gun .
It’s not the fact that we haven’t signed more players that irks me it’s the hint of false promises that points toward another miserable season ahead.
Now, where are my rose tinted spectacles ?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I'm led to believe that those players offered contracts have until tomorrow to give their answer. Time will tell if they do.
On another note let's hope June will lead to some new signings.
Willowgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Willowgull »

The rumours I have heard today when I visited the club shop was that Mcginty and Davis have both signed new contracts. I don't know how reliable the source is so im not holding my breath. But if it's true I guess we will hear something in the next few days