Good luck to Exeter City

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Stefano - Belated commiserations on your team Exeter Red Indians United getting a right royal stuffing in the Convoleted Premier League Farcebowl Play off final on Saturday.

Bet old John Lockyer was shrieking on the commentary even more than usual.

Now for the win double today with Coventry coming up trumps. Personally not that bothered but cant stand John Ayres and Jimmy Giles who for some unknown reason starts laughing inanely on the commentary whenever Exeter score. These **** deserve a day of misery. I mean its only fair - we have it 365 days a year.

Wonder what ridiculous garb Tisdale will be sporting this afternoon?
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Perhaps we do mellow with age. Was a time when I would have wished every ill on City and Argyle for that matter especially when we were direct competitors. Now in my 60`s and with City already "literally" out of our league I wish them success today. Really guys who wouldnt want a neighbour from the West Country to take down one from the West Midlands... unless of course you`re from the Midlands.
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

I must say I've never hated Exeter. Gargoyles, yes, but I've always found Exeter City rather inoffensive and could never understand the chant 'one man went to mow, went to mow a city' and so on....
wilf999

Post by wilf999 »

Good luck City. Life is too short to bear old grudges.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Dont see them as rivals any more, never hated them or Argyle unless we were playing them so good luck. Be nice to see at least a couple of Devon teams doing well
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

The Grecians are up against this 40,000 strong wall of sky blue this afternoon.....
did I hear someone mention that the City fans at the other end had come dressed as seats?
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Could be all over as Coventry go 2-0 up.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What a shame. 2-0 down. Unlucky. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Oh dear 3-0. How embarrassing. :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww: :aww:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Did anybody tell Exeter it was a 3 o'clock kick off not five...... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Actually I don't really wish Exeter all the best, with respect to others on this thread. Where was the support from Exeter fans when we thought the club was going under after Paul Cox resigned? I was there when the Green Army/Lord's Taverners came out in force at Plainmoor to sing their hearts out for us. Quite an emotional evening and I would much rather wish Argyle the very best instead of Exeter. I feel sorry for Paul Tisdale who seems to be on his way out after doing a brilliant job.
Launceston Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Launceston Gull »

Dont be too harsh, I seem to recall that in 2015 Exeter City waived their 50% share of the Plainmoor gate receipts for a pre season friendly as a gesture of goodwill.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

budegull1954 wrote: 28 May 2018, 16:38 Actually I don't really wish Exeter all the best, with respect to others on this thread. Where was the support from Exeter fans when we thought the club was going under after Paul Cox resigned? I was there when the Green Army/Lord's Taverners came out in force at Plainmoor to sing their hearts out for us. Quite an emotional evening and I would much rather wish Argyle the very best instead of Exeter. I feel sorry for Paul Tisdale who seems to be on his way out after doing a brilliant job.
Actually there were plenty of Greeks there that night as well. They just sensibly decided not to come in the Pop as that was where the Gargs were going.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

OK, I stand corrected - I didn't know about those last two facts. Up the Grecians!
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Launceston Gull wrote: 28 May 2018, 16:52 Dont be too harsh, I seem to recall that in 2015 Exeter City waived their 50% share of the Plainmoor gate receipts for a pre season friendly as a gesture of goodwill.
Big crowd?
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.