Player Search - Who Will Turn Up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

Dont think ambitious young talent will get us up. I would prefer a mix with some seasoned old pros
down the spine , like Buckle did when he signed Todd, Hargreaves and Sills
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

According to the SWPL website we have withdrawn our application to put a reserve side in that League even though a place is available, At least the squad won't need to be as big now!
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Jack wrote: 25 May 2018, 22:41 According to the SWPL website we have withdrawn our application to put a reserve side in that League even though a place is available, At least the squad won't need to be as big now!
Shifting sands, yet again!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Dorel, Davis, McGinty and Young have only days left to either accept or decline their contract offers. Let's see what happens.
sgf
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by sgf »

nickbrod wrote: 27 May 2018, 22:01 Dorel, Davis, McGinty and Young have only days left to either accept or decline their contract offers. Let's see what happens.
I don't think any of them will sign - unless they have been offered amazing terms sold on the promise that this is a one season stop over. Not that that can be promised!!
Nathan Strong

Post by Nathan Strong »

Luke young has already confirmed his departure on the radio I believe it was bbc radio Devon, I don't like McGintys inhability to keep the ball on the deck instead preferring to hoof it upfeild and instantly surrendering possession. Dorel is incredible and although he is prone to conceding free kicks he makes up for it with his great shot-stopping but he already knows he is good enough to play in the VRNL and way too good to be wasting his talent in the VRNLS but would be an absolute steal if he stays. And I think Davis is massively underrated he's a brilliant wingback, and a powerful runner, players back off when he runs at them. he is also physically a titan and shrugs players off the ball, all round a decent player.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Teigngull wrote: 20 May 2018, 14:39Jai Reason has been named as a potential ( fit for purpose ) replacement for the outgoing Luke Young , now he's been released from his current club.
.....signs for Chelmsford City
Northampton gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Ruari keetings

Post by Northampton gull »

Luke young has signed for Wrexham F.C. weird one for me I was expecting him to sign for Yeovil or some other football league team
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Northampton gull wrote: 29 May 2018, 12:23Luke young has signed for Wrexham
:rofl:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Northampton gull wrote: 29 May 2018, 12:23 Luke young has signed for Wrexham F.C. weird one for me I was expecting him to sign for Yeovil or some other football league team
Do him good to get out of the sw football scene, might be the making of him ! I too thought he might pitch up at somewhere like Yeovil, Cheltenham or even Bristol Rovers at a push.
Like I said good luck to him, hope it works out well, just like it did for me, when my first wife fecked off.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Probably not good enough to get a league club. As you say Wrexham is a pretty weird place to go and its the arse end of nowhere. Still it seems he wanted to play for a big club and as they terminally under achieve he should fit in really well there.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by desperado »

Wrexham bigger club than Yeovil and Cheltenham. They will be back in the league sooner or later
Seem to recall Merse saying he would end up at Plymouth Parkway
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

Strange move, they maybe bigger than Yeovil and cheltenham but they aren't in the league, must be the wages as I know Yeovil don't pay that well due to severe financial restraints within the club.
but Good luck to Luke, he deserves to do well.
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

merse btpir wrote: 29 May 2018, 14:53 :rofl:
Thought I could feel you climaxing from here. :na:
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

madgull wrote: 29 May 2018, 22:39 Thought I could feel you climaxing from here. :na:
Yep I echo that statement, you gotta keep that prostate ticking over....keep on pumping :Z