Who stays? Who goes?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Whilst Luke Young may have a preference for living in the south west he needs to move on if he doesn't want to see his career stagnate into part time regional football.
Young has been linked with Yeovil and Cheltenham and must now surely bite the bullet and take the chance if it comes his way.
However there is One thing I don't understand. How come, if he was seen as an integral part of the team, was he only on a one year contract? It turns out the three unproven players given two year deals by Nicholson are now a millstone around the club's neck, but Young whose worth was known was only on a one year deal and thus the club forfeit any chance of receiving a fee from potential future employers.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

That could have been his decision?
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

It could have been hard work to even persuade him to sign that one year contract. If I'd been his agent that would have been the very most I would have advised him to commit to. Now he can bargain a better deal for himself with a League club, as they don't have to additionally shell out a transfer fee.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Alpine Joe wrote: 03 May 2018, 14:08 It could have been hard work to even persuade him to sign that one year contract. If I'd been his agent that would have been the very most I would have advised him to commit to. Now he can bargain a better deal for himself with a League club, as they don't have to additionally shell out a transfer fee.
Interesting point.
Arrywithnobrain
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tony Brown

Post by Arrywithnobrain »

Could it be that Young and Keating who were supposed to have 2 year contracts were on 1 year contracts with a second year option in the player's favour? Perhaps Merse would enlighten us.
tufcyellowarmy
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by tufcyellowarmy »

Plainmoor78 wrote: 03 May 2018, 13:59 Whilst Luke Young may have a preference for living in the south west he needs to move on if he doesn't want to see his career stagnate into part time regional football.
Young has been linked with Yeovil and Cheltenham and must now surely bite the bullet and take the chance if it comes his way.
However there is One thing I don't understand. How come, if he was seen as an integral part of the team, was he only on a one year contract? It turns out the three unproven players given two year deals by Nicholson are now a millstone around the club's neck, but Young whose worth was known was only on a one year deal and thus the club forfeit any chance of receiving a fee from potential future employers.
Maybe still some concern re his serious knee injury and it’s likelihood to cause an issue. Just a thought .
Foxhole
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by Foxhole »

Loyalty is the consequence of leadership - and competence is the touchstone of leadership. Designated survivor.
Alpine Joe
First Regular
First Regular

Post by Alpine Joe »

tufcyellowarmy wrote: 03 May 2018, 16:48 Maybe still some concern re his serious knee injury and it’s likelihood to cause an issue. Just a thought .

Yep all guess work. Perhaps Gareth Law advised that Youngy should be offered no more than a 1 year contract because of that knee. And as a consequence Owers now sees his best player walk out the door for nothing. It would explain a lot =D
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Clutching at straws there, AJ.....
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

tomogull wrote: 30 Apr 2018, 17:26 If this is true, and I have no reason to doubt that it isn't, it re-inforces my decision to sever my ties with the toxic club that TUFC have become. I cancelled my monthly payment to TUST last week. That's how strongly I feel about the direction the club is being taken.
It is very sad that someone like you, having always taken a balanced view, has decided to leave TUST. I can understand not going to games in the immediate future. Leaving the trust means abandoning hope and that is worrying for all of us that love Torquay United.
TUST number 080
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

Lloyder5 wrote: 04 May 2018, 09:25 It is very sad that someone like you, having always taken a balanced view, has decided to leave TUST. I can understand not going to games in the immediate future. Leaving the trust means abandoning hope and that is worrying for all of us that love Torquay United.
yep in agreement there Loyder5, but the thing is , the way this club is being run just lately & the dross being served up on the pitch over the last 4 years or so has got so far under some fans skin they can see no alternative than cutting ties completely.
It's a worrying trend creeping in ( maybe it's the end game CO & GH are working towards ?) , Tomogull obviously feels he's had more than enough & feels he has no other alternative & we have to respect his reasoning whether we agree or not.
There, Mr bigot has spoken & do you know what ? It wasn't that bad after all. :|
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

The club needs to get news out about season tickets and match day prices pretty quick before there are no more supporters bothered.
Eirik
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Eifion Williams
Watches from: The sofa

Post by Eirik »

nickbrod wrote: 04 May 2018, 16:34 The club needs to get news out about season tickets and match day prices pretty quick before there are no more supporters bothered.
You have been heard :) https://www.torquayunited.com/season-ti ... ay-midday/
-Eirik-
Proud member of Torquay United Supporters Norway
https://www.facebook.com/groups/norwaygulls

TUST MEMBER - https://www.tust.co.uk/
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Wow the power of the forum!
Some tempting season ticket prices there. So between now and June 1 for the Early Bird prices in order for the club to sell a good number the 'fence sitters' will need to see some decent signings.
Teigngull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Jackie Gallagher

Post by Teigngull »

The 'fence sitters' have allegedly set up their own splinter group to avoid getting a bum deal !
Sorry x