Who stays? Who goes?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Brucie: "We don't need to stabilize - we are in the NLS for Christ's sake."

Dear oh dear oh dear oh dear.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I think the discussion of who stays and who goes should also extend to the backroom staff...

Harrop? Owers has been in the firing line but what about this guy? Surely he has to be accountable in some way and must go?!

What value is Hedges bringing to the table? If Owers does possess scouting abilities then surely in the NLS we would be better off cutting the wage bill here?

Kuhl? I don't believe that Owers selected him as his #2, I understand that he also applied for the management / head coach position and was offered the assistant role? I don't really know enough about his contribution / lack of contribution to make a fair assessment.

I'm sure there are countless others involved in running the club who have failed in their duty and the retained list at 6pm tonight should extend beyond the playing staff to everyone who is not delivering at the club in order to regroup and reposition ourselves with a serious commitment to win the NLS next season.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I reckon most of the players will be itching to leave and get away from this utter mess.

We might be a big club historically, but there will be plenty of NLS clubs better managed AND better funded. History means f all.

We have the worst management team this club has EVER had, this lot got us relegated to Conference South, the level of WSM.
TUST MEMBER
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Agree neal...players won't give a f about the glory years of our club. Every club has them. I would 90 % of it all comes down to money and security and I'm unsure we have either of them. At best we can attract players from the western league's and southern league's who genuinely have a ounce of ambition but will they be good enough to compete and give us success in the southern national.
Remember only one team gos up and then it's one from 6 in the playoffs. Not easy whatsoever.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

If the players are being informed at 6pm today...I wonder how long it will take to filter out to us?

I'm very intrigued to learn about who is going to be released / offered deals - I understand that those who signed will be paid immediately so it is an incentive to make a quick decision.
Wolborough
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Wolborough »

The other factor to consider is that IF we were to be promoted back to this league from Southern what players would be good enough for what we would hope would be an upward trajectory!
Zippy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: peter coffill

Post by Zippy »

its the players that got us in this mess, APART From Young, Mcginty, Dorel, Clarke, Williams, the rest can go and fork off. we need to start afresh. Owers and Harrop aren't going anywhere so get used to it.
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Luke Young off to Yeovil...............................................
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Bristol Gull can you explain "will be paid immediately". Surely not for a year in advance?
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

portugull wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 16:07 Bristol Gull can you explain "will be paid immediately". Surely not for a year in advance?
No not a year in advance. Contract would be effective immediately meaning no gaps in wages
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Gary Owers match reaction:
"Hopefully I can hang on to 1 or 2 of the current squad and build the strongest possible team next year"

Suggests to me that not many of the current squad will be here next season.

https://www.torquayunited.com/official- ... aw-280418/
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Bristol_Gull »

brucie wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 15:57 Luke Young off to Yeovil...............................................
Confirmed?
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

I bet he is relieved to get away from this disaster
TUST MEMBER
madgull
First Regular
First Regular

Post by madgull »

Not that fussed about Youngy leaving tbh. In a higher league, with the right players to compliment him and the right style of football, I have no doubt he would be amazing. But I have a feeling he's too much of a luxury player for NLS. Now, if he toughened up a bit and delivered the kind of all-action performance we've seen occasionally EVERY week, it would be a different question.

Dorel would be a fantastic asset to keep, and obviously any kind of retention of Romain and Healey would be beyond belief. Apart from that it's hard to make a case for anyone. Perhaps McGinty. Gowling if he can get a coaching badge, not too high a wage and isn't the bad egg he's rumoured to be. Could we keep Davis fit?
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

madgull wrote: 28 Apr 2018, 17:44 In a higher league...I have no doubt he would be amazing. But I have a feeling he's too much of a luxury player for NLS. Now, if he toughened up a bit and delivered the kind of all-action performance we've seen occasionally EVERY week, it would be a different question.
YOUNG " too much of a luxury player for NLS" ? I hope not, as my biggest fear for next season will be realised - Willy Wonker Owers signs up a team of 'hoof-ball' Oompa-Loompas. I suppose if we revert to NLS 'hoof-ball- tactic's that will put an end to the 4G pitch debate - the ball wont be on the ground long enough to warrant one. Shall look forward to Truro's Ben Gerring and TU's McGinity 'hoofing' the ball back to each other for 90 min - wonder if we will change the best player award to the 'best hoofer' award' next season.