Gary Owers: In or Out?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.

Gary Owers: In or Out?

In
18%
Out
82%

Total votes: 471

Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

And remember this

“We ain’t rubbish anymore”

Ah. He could go into comedy as a next job
TUST MEMBER
Steel City Gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by Steel City Gull »

In, knows the National league South and has to stay for my moneys worth.

Getting shut would mean starting again, new man, new methods.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

Am frantically researching Mr Owers' links to Sheffield now! ;-)
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Getting shut. Starting again.

Absolutely. That includes the players too.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Just f**k off Gary. How can you stay if most of the supporters dont want you here
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Let Owers assemble his own squad and then judge him.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

In case you hadn't realised, he's brought in 2 XI's worth over the course of this season. Hardly like his hands have been tied to Nicholson's team is it?
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

He says after Saturday he will have control ...should have had control from 1st game .... no excuses he has has players in ..load of tosh
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I really am no fan of Owers, but have some sympathy with him here. Thing is, he could have been given £2million to spend, he could have made £100,000 offers for multiple numbers of players, doesn't mean they're going to sign.

Because of a situation he inherited, he had no choice, but to sign loan, and free agents players, and then replace them with more loans and free agents, doesn't mean he wanted to sign them, or their his players.

I'm a big believer that in all walks of life, everyone deserves a second chance to put things right, and prove they can be successful, Ower's despite all, and my own personal opinion, should be no different, that's why I voted in.
Formerly known as forevertufc
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Plymouth Gull wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 20:49 In case you hadn't realised, he's brought in 2 XI's worth over the course of this season. Hardly like his hands have been tied to Nicholson's team is it?
The quality of player available in the close season is completely different from those "on offer" during a season.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

forevertufc wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 21:04 I really am no fan of Owers, but have some sympathy with him here. Thing is, he could have been given £2million to spend, he could have made £100,000 offers for multiple numbers of players, doesn't mean they're going to sign.

Because of a situation he inherited, he had no choice, but to sign loan, and free agents players, and then replace them with more loans and free agents, doesn't mean he wanted to sign them, or their his players.

I'm a big believer that in all walks of life, everyone deserves a second chance to put things right, and prove they can be successful, Ower's despite all, and my own personal opinion, should be no different, that's why I voted in.
Absolutely 100% disagree with you Dave. I don't believe that EVERYONE deserves a second chance and certainly not Owers. There's no doubting you've got great personal qualities in order to maintain this belief regardlesss however, and that can only benefit you and your family. Principles are difficult to stick to when everyone around you is of the opposite opinion but stick to them you must. They are part of what makes each of us.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Yorkieandy wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 21:39
Absolutely 100% disagree with you Dave. I don't believe that EVERYONE deserves a second chance and certainly not Owers.
Andy me old mate, you shouldn't take my use of the word 'everyone' that literally, my mistake in using it,I guess. Do I think the killers of Lee Rigby say deserve a second chance ? Of course not.

Do I think convicted crimials with in reason, can go on to be a force good, yes, plently of evidence to support that view. Do I believe, someone who's performed poorly in their job, can't go on to become the best at the job, yes I do, seen it happen many a time, that's what I meant.

As for Ower's do think he can assemble a promotion winning sqaud, not so sure he can. Do I think he should be afforded the same second chance other TUFC managers who have failed, yes, he should.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

forevertufc wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 22:11 Andy me old mate, you shouldn't take my use of the word 'everyone' that literally, my mistake in using it,I guess. Do I think the killers of Lee Rigby say deserve a second chance ? Of course not.

Do I think convicted crimials with in reason, can go on to be a force good, yes, plently of evidence to support that view. Do I believe, someone who's performed poorly in their job, can't go on to become the best at the job, yes I do, seen it happen many a time, that's what I meant.

As for Ower's do think he can assemble a promotion winning sqaud, not so sure he can. Do I think he should be afforded the same second chance other TUFC managers who have failed, yes, he should.
:lol: my bad Dave.

Fair enough mate.