Was this the plan all along?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

Tired Old Gull wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 11:52 I reckon it will all pan out like this ....

Westlands School will get Plainmoor through the Council

Osborne gets Quinta playing fields for housing as a thank-you for leaving Plainmoor

TU get a new small stadium at the Willows for their trouble

Simples!
Very likely except for the last point. There will be no new stadium whatever the size.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

LaPotato wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 11:54 Because people love the club and still want to show support.

We're fans whether things are shite or not.
It's a good point LaPotato and i've no argument with that as a sentiment. Go to games because you support the club. That's fine.

What i have a problem with is fans that go but then also support the players, manager and the owner who have contrived to get the club dead and buried.

Firstly, how the hell anyone can clap the players off the field last home game and even now is something that defies all logic. By all means shout, "Well done Romain!! If we'd have had you in earlier then we'd have been fine. Hold your head up Eliot you've done well mate!!" I think that's fair enough for a player who has done well in the short space of time he's been at the club.

But then you must also shout," but the rest of you are **** shite and should be working at Aldi!! :@ The rest of you are an absolute disgrace!! :@ " I also think that's fair too.

Then there should be flags and banners and songs about OWERS OUT until that dense cranium of his finally understands just how his actions (paid) have impacted the football club and it's long suffering supporters. He said he could do the job to Mr Osborne and he couldn't and as he isn't admitting to that and offering his resignation then he should be made pretty unwelcome at Plainmoor.

So you see, you CAN go to the games and support the CLUB but you don't have to support those responsible for taking the club away from you. You can sing how much you love Torquay and praise the tiny number of individuals that might deserve it but the rest of the time can be spent letting the rest of the shower of pus that represent TUFC know they are not wanted. This is the point i've been trying to make for quite some time. Support the club but stick up for yourselves also at the same time and make those to blame publicly accountable.

I don't see any point whatsoever in going to the game and not getting your point of view across whether that be deserved praise or deserved criticism. May as well make the most of it if you are going anyway. :~D
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 14:02 It's a good point LaPotato and i've no argument with that as a sentiment. Go to games because you support the club. That's fine.

What i have a problem with is fans that go but then also support the players, manager and the owner who have contrived to get the club dead and buried.

Firstly, how the hell anyone can clap the players off the field last home game and even now is something that defies all logic. By all means shout, "Well done Romain!! If we'd have had you in earlier then we'd have been fine. Hold your head up Eliot you've done well mate!!" I think that's fair enough for a player who has done well in the short space of time he's been at the club.

But then you must also shout," [highlight=yellow]but the rest of you are **** shite and should be working at Aldi!! [/highlight]:@ The rest of you are an absolute disgrace!! :@ " I also think that's fair too.

Then there should be flags and banners and songs about OWERS OUT until that dense cranium of his finally understands just how his actions (paid) have impacted the football club and it's long suffering supporters. He said he could do the job to Mr Osborne and he couldn't and as he isn't admitting to that and offering his resignation then he should be made pretty unwelcome at Plainmoor.

So you see, you CAN go to the games and support the CLUB but you don't have to support those responsible for taking the club away from you. You can sing how much you love Torquay and praise the tiny number of individuals that might deserve it but the rest of the time can be spent letting the rest of the shower of pus that represent TUFC know they are not wanted. This is the point i've been trying to make for quite some time. Support the club but stick up for yourselves also at the same time and make those to blame publicly accountable.

I don't see any point whatsoever in going to the game and not getting your point of view across whether that be deserved praise or deserved criticism. May as well make the most of it if you are going anyway. :~D
Nowt wrong with Aldi......
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Proud Sponsors of Aaron Jarvis 2023-2024
We now drive South to all the games!

TUST Member 468

Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Agree Supes. Nowt wrong wi Aldi. It's funny when you get these middle class types going in and coming out with all their shopping in waitrose or posh shopping bags. Stuck up twats.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Nothing wrong with Waitrose ;-)

Bloody paupers!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 13:51 Nothing wrong with Waitrose ;-)

Bloody paupers!!
:clap:

Never seen a Waitrose in the north i don't think so don't know where they get their bags from. :-/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Precisely ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullintwoplaces
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by gullintwoplaces »

Southampton Gull wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 13:51 Nothing wrong with Waitrose ;-)

Bloody paupers!!
I do three things on match day at Plainmoor. In order of enjoyment they are:

1 Pub. I enjoy this the most by far.

2 Waitrose. Ok, if I go after a Saturday game I pick up as many discounted things as I can (Waitrose discount food heavily near to sell by date). High quality food and goods, everything that Torquay United is not. Great fish and meat counter.

3 Football. By far the worst part of the experience. No quality, misery, fails to meet even a very low minimum standard, treated like a dog before the game, during the game & after the game. All to watch a side owned by a shark, general managed by a fat fool, and team managed by a clueless man who should have resigned weeks ago.
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

What an absolute car crash of a season this has been. Thinking back to the first day of the season, watching the Tranmere game with my wife, and the Gulls were easily matching the promotion favourites (but couldn't score against 9 men of course!). I said to her at the end 'We've nothing to fear this season' - how wrong can you be!

Just look at the various disasters which have befallen the club this season (in no particular order):

• New signing Liam Davis injured before the season even starts (Sam Chaney fills in at left back)
• New captain Gowling injured in the first match, misses a number of important games
• Klukowski, Gosling and Pittman all join the injured list in quick succession
• Gulls beaten 2-4 at home by the mighty Boreham Wood (I couldn't go but my mate on the Pop Side says 'we're not going to stay up this season' - how right HE was!)
• Ryan Clarke gets injured, replaced by Gulls 'old boy' Dan Lavercombe on loan from Wigan who also gets injured and is then replaced by Vincent Dorel
• The Torquay United team coach is burnt to a cinder overnight (the vehicle, not the person!)
• Kevin Nicholson sacked after 4 games - the first managerial casualty of the season in the top 5 divisions (no replacement lined up)
• It takes 4 WEEKS to find a new management team
• A whole host of possible replacements are mooted by the press and social media, Graham Westley, Kevin Wilkin, Mark Yates. The eventual replacements are complete unknowns (to me anyway) but they 'tick all the boxes'.
• Torquay fail to even get to the first round in the F A Cup yet again beaten 0-4 at home by the fearsome Maidstone United
• Gary Owers says 'We're not rubbish' any more
• Ryan Higgins has to retire due to a medical condition
• Damon Lathrope suffers an horrific career-ending leg break for his new club Woking - not Torquay's fault but our bad luck seems to follow ex-players as well. Get well soon Damon.
• Gary Owers goes up to Maidenhead to look at the opposition for the next match only to find that the game had been postponed when he got there
• Torquay fail to win more than 2 matches in succession at any time in the season
• Gallifuoco plays a blinder in Dover's easy 0-2 victory against Torquay at Plainmoor - why did we let him go exactly?
• Pathetic 1-3 home loss against Fylde which virtuially seals our relagation
• Relegation confirmed after the 1-1 draw against Harlepool - lowest league position since the 1920's
• Dreadful home loss 3-4 against Guiseley against 10 men, a team we have never beaten in 3 years.

I may have missed out some of the other low-points of the season but feel better now that I have got those out of my system and set it all out on paper. SURELY next season cannot be as bad as this one - can it??!!
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Well done Budegull - great summary of events which could become a classical TV soap opera 'Osborne's Way' without the need for Scriptwriters as each series has already been written.:

As for:

'The Torquay United Coach is burnt to a cinder overnight'.

What a great 'SUN' news headline that would make - clickbait at its best.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I would add Jordan Lee having to return to Bournemouth after being diagnosed with a suspected heart condition. He played out of his skin in the final matches at the end of last season.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Emperor Osbournes thoughts on the events of this season and how things have panned out.
vy8f7.jpg
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

budegull1954 wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 16:05 What an absolute car crash of a season this has been. Thinking back to the first day of the season, watching the Tranmere game with my wife, and the Gulls were easily matching the promotion favourites (but couldn't score against 9 men of course!). I said to her at the end 'We've nothing to fear this season' - how wrong can you be!

Just look at the various disasters which have befallen the club this season (in no particular order):

• New signing Liam Davis injured before the season even starts (Sam Chaney fills in at left back)
• New captain Gowling injured in the first match, misses a number of important games
• Gulls beaten 2-4 at home by the mighty Boreham Wood (I couldn't go but my mate on the Pop Side says 'we're not going to stay up this season' - how right HE was!)
• Ryan Clarke gets injured, replaced by Gulls 'old boy' Dan Lavercombe on loan from Wigan who also gets injured and is then replaced by Vincent Dorel
• The Torquay United team coach is burnt to a cinder overnight (the vehicle, not the person!)
• Kevin Nicholson sacked after 4 games - the first managerial casualty of the season in the top 5 divisions (no replacement lined up)
• A whole host of possible replacements are mooted by the press and social media, Graham Westley, Kevin Wilkin, Mark Yates. The eventual replacements are complete unknowns (to me anyway) but they 'tick all the boxes'.
• Torquay fail to even get to the first round in the F A Cup yet again beaten 0-4 at home by the fearsome Maidstone United
• Damon Lathrope suffers an horrific career-ending leg break for his new club Woking - not Torquay's fault but our bad luck seems to follow ex-

players as well. Get well soon Damon.

Good summary but FA Cup defeat was 0-1 v Aldershot
0-4 v Maidstone was FA Trophy
• Gary Owers goes up to Maidenhead to look at the opposition for the next match only to find that the game had been postponed when he got there
• Torquay fail to win more than 2 matches in succession at any time in the season
• Gallifuoco plays a blinder in Dover's easy 0-2 victory against Torquay at Plainmoor - why did we let him go exactly?
• Relegation confirmed after the 1-1 draw against Harlepool - lowest league position since the 1920's
• Dreadful home loss 3-4 against Guiseley against 10 men, a team we have never beaten in 3 years.

I may have missed out some of the other low-points of the season but feel better now that I have got those out of my system and set it all out on paper. SURELY next season cannot be as bad as this one - can it??!!
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

budegull1954 wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 16:05 What an absolute car crash of a season this has been. Thinking back to the first day of the season, watching the Tranmere game with my wife, and the Gulls were easily matching the promotion favourites (but couldn't score against 9 men of course!). I said to her at the end 'We've nothing to fear this season' - how wrong can you be!

• Damon Lathrope suffers an horrific career-ending leg break for his new club Woking - not Torquay's fault but our bad luck seems to follow ex-players as well. Get well soon Damon.

Good summary but FA Cup defeat was 0-1 v Aldershot
0-4 defeat v Maidstone was FA Trophy
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

Thanks for 're-tweeting' my list of horror stories from this season and for putting me right about the FA Trophy and F A Cup scores exits - all the defeats and disappointments seem to merge into one after a while!I forgot to add to the list of disasters that Jordan Lee had to go back to Bournemouth because of a heart condition, and Jakub Sokolik has had to miss the last few games because of a mystery unidentified illness - we seem to have a fair few of those don't we? Oh and I forgot to mention that we apparently have used a record number of players this season (over 40?) - another question for future pub quizzes?