Torquay v Guiseley 24/04 (PP on 24/3/18)

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Burnhamgull wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:37 If Osborne contracted cancer, I'd feel sorry for the cancer.
It's usually the good guys that get cancer i've found.

Those who ride roughshod over everyone usually live until they are a hundred and eighty for some odd reason.

As much as i hate Osborne i cannot wish cancer on anyone although i know why you feel you need to post that Burnham.

Very powerful emotion anger. It's difficult to deal with.
dennisk
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Ernie Pym

Post by dennisk »

Just back from tonight's match. Terrible result, however, let's give some credit to the Guiseley keeper, Joseph Green, who made some stunning saves, especially in the first half. And hats of to the 20 or so hardy souls who travelled down from Guiseley. Entertaining, if embarrassing.......
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Just got back from watching the poorest game of any season. We are sinking to new lows and I fear that we have further to go with this bunch of muppets!
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:46 Dave's a top bloke. Knows i'm only messing don't you Dave? :nod:
Loving the banter but it shouldn't detract from the current situation. Is this the straw that broke the camels back ? Perhaps the is the time for all TUFC fans to come together to get a message to the powers that be in some way shape or form. Because as it stands the club may be no more within a year or two and we won't be having these discussions online.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:50 It's usually the good guys that get cancer i've found.

Those who ride roughshod over everyone usually live until they are a hundred and eighty for some odd reason.

As much as i hate Osborne i cannot wish cancer on anyone although i know why you feel you need to post that Burnham.

Very powerful emotion anger. It's difficult to deal with.
Yea really angry right now but after Saturday I can cut ties and enjoy my football elsewhere. It's not all bad.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Flipper wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:45 But we have one he's called Gary Owers. Apparently he's the manager !
Playing 87 mins against 10 men who are bottom of the league and lose ...lol

Shambles the lot of It

Surely he must go ....

Osborne won't sack him he is doing to much of great job doing bad
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

Tonight's game is the perfect example of why you shouldn't stop attending. All the posters on here are frothing at the mouth and making themselves ill with their rage, whereas everyone near me on the pop were having a good laugh at the "football" we were witnessing. Thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight ;-)

Special mention reserved for McGinty for blaming hat-trick hero Healey for his own monumental ineptitude which led to the fourth goal when Healy was at the other end of the pitch. He was then quite rightly jeered by the pop for the rest of the game.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Flipper wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:52 Loving the banter but it shouldn't detract from the current situation. Is this the straw that broke the camels back ? Perhaps the is the time for all TUFC fans to come together to get a message to the powers that be in some way shape or form. Because as it stands the club may be no more within a year or two and we won't be having these discussions online.
Said this 5 years ago and got mocked. :-/

We go on about the club not learning lessons but the fans don't learn lessons either. At least not those who will be at games next season expecting something different.
Last edited by Yorkieandy on 24 Apr 2018, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

What a dreadful excuse for a defence! I counted Guisley having 6 attempts, 5 on target and four goals. Two goals where we decided to stand back and let them pick their spot, one free header and a fantastic solo effort based on running through the centre of our defence.

Didn't agree with booing of individuals but it was a measure of the shocking games which McGinty and Gowling had that they were jeered and booed in the second half.

Well done Healey for a well-taken hattrick but apart from him and Romain, and possibly Davis, the rest should hang their heads in shame losing like that to 10 men in the worst team in the league.
Phil

Another marathon beckons!
Gloomy Gull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Gloomy Gull »

Just home ....absolute f*cking sh*te. I do not have words to express how poor we were all over the park with NO - absolutely NO - indication that the tw*t of a manager has any ability to complete the duties he is bloody paid for.

The entire playing staff should be sacked in the morning, and put out the u16's on Saturday - at least they appear to be able to play the bloody game.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jerry wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:59 Tonight's game is the perfect example of why you shouldn't stop attending. All the posters on here are frothing at the mouth and making themselves ill with their rage, whereas everyone near me on the pop were having a good laugh at the "football" we were witnessing. Thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight ;-)

Special mention reserved for McGinty for blaming hat-trick hero Healey for his own monumental ineptitude which led to the fourth goal when Healy was at the other end of the pitch. He was then quite rightly jeered by the pop for the rest of the game.
Is this normal behaviour for a fan then?
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

dennisk wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 22:51 Just back from tonight's match. Terrible result, however, let's give some credit to the Guiseley keeper, Joseph Green, who made some stunning saves, especially in the first half. And hats of to the 20 or so hardy souls who travelled down from Guiseley. Entertaining, if embarrassing.......
Errrr, we conceded 4.

Against 10 men.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Yorkieandy wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 23:02 Said this 5 years ago and got mocked. :-/
Sorry Andy but obviously didn't know you had already said this. However, you were right and perhaps they will realise that now but I doubt it. Problem is whatever we do as supporters won't influence CO and any sort of boycott just plays straight into his hands.
Oil Beef Hooked
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Chris Hargreaves
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Oil Beef Hooked »

I tell you what we’ve been good at all season... making the opposition look like Barcelona. Tonight was no exception.

They have a player sent off in the 3rd minute, we miss the resulting penalty and 15 seconds later, we’re 1 down. We’ve played the bottom team in this god awful league for 87 minutes with ten men and still lost. You can’t make this shite up.

How bad does this have to get before it gets better?

Owers came in for a lot of stick from the Bench (that’s Bristow’s, not his bench) and started to talk back. Not sure what was said though as I was too far away.

Does anyone know what happened to Kuhl? He was on the pitch during the pre-match warm up, but wasn’t standing by the dugout in his usual spot.
Steve

:scarf: YELLOW ARMY :scarf:
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yorkieandy »

Flipper wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 23:06 Sorry Andy but obviously didn't know you had already said this. However, you were right and perhaps they will realise that now but I doubt it. Problem is whatever we do as supporters won't influence CO and any sort of boycott just plays straight into his hands.
This is the key debate and one which Chesterfield fans are also having at the moment if you check out their BOBS BOARD forum and the thread about a supporters club.